• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Kalo, I'll address your/CYs ASSUMPTIONS on what u THINK(but don't KNOW) I will say. You both will be surprised.

:phone:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I'm trying to study so yea I do have to go. It's hard not to look at the trash CY is posting. It's giving me so much juice stuff.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Recently I've become more open minded about God. I personally have come to hate religion. The church (whether it be Christian, Muslim, Hindu, etc) has a very twisted and narrow minded view on how people should live their lives according to the church's rules. I do believe God exists (Christian God), it's how I was raised and you can argue that's why I believe in Him, but God creating everything makes the most logical sense to me.

I do wonder the same things as CY, what makes one religion or belief right and the other wrong? It's very hard to say. Though some religions believe in killing others to please their God while my religion, down to it's core, is about loving anyone and everyone, not persecuting them even though many "Christians" believe God's judgement and hate is his will. Now, you're going to have crazies in every religion, this is inescapable and gives each religion a bad reputation, which is again another reason I have come to say "screw religion, I am sticking to my beliefs and leaving it at that".

Who's to say one is right and one is wrong. I've heard stories of people dying and coming back to life, where they died and went to hell then came back through medical means and changed their belief or unbelief to believing in Jesus and God, die again and go to heaven. Now who's to say this is real or not, no one but that person can know. Who's to say Jesus wasn't the biggest troll of history and everyone that follows him is getting trolled, who's to say the same about Mohammad or Buddha.

Ultimately what I'm trying to say from this sidetracking is God comes down to belief, not proof. No one can actually prove God's existence. We can see what is around us and give God the credit for what is done, maybe he made the universe or maybe it was the Big Bang, though believing a perfect all-knowing deity creating something like the universe and all that's in it is a little easier to believe.

I personally know that the view Christians have of God is this: we all have a free will to do with whatever we please, to believe in God or don't. They believe that God has given us a free choice to follow him or reject him, He didn't want to make us like robots that are programmed to follow everything He wants, He wants us to make the decision and accordingly so everyone at one point in their life has the opportunity to make this choice.

CY

Smash Ace
Kalo, I'll address your/CYs ASSUMPTIONS on what u THINK(but don't KNOW) I will say. You both will be surprised.

nothing you say will change my stance on any of my beliefs and it won't be anything that I haven't heard before.

I've listened to great thinkers on both sides. I've listened to various atheist arguments and various religious arguments from some of the most brilliant thinkers on said subjects. so I'm just going to say this now: you don't have to bother trying to convince me otherwise. I've come to my own conclusion: both sides have valid arguments, but still not enough evidence to prove me otherwise. Therefore I stand by saying I don't know.

edit: and I should point out religion has done good things for many people. whether God exists or not, it does bring morals and leads people to living in the right way. I don't believe that you need religion to be a good person, but it certainly has helped many people.

Gea

Smash Master
I'm still confused at why people think science and religion are mutually exclusive and one is not possible if the other is believed.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
I'm still confused at why people think science and religion are mutually exclusive and one is not possible if the other is believed.
the strongest argument for the proof of god is that god can create complex things and is the acting agent of why we can learn science

which isnt even actual proof or evidence.

it is their pretty much only argument.

the flaw is it still proves nothing, all it proves is that science doesnt discredit a god, instead of any more proof that the christian god isnt just a made up character from a book.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Once again, Xyro will prove that he has much more EXP in life, pull some **** out of his *** off of Google, and send all of our new gen souls to hell.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
The main thing I dislike about religion is when people use it to force things on other people's lives. But I'm not gonna say much cause CY and Kalo have everything covered.

Oh, I don't follow any religions or beliefs cause I prefer to stay open-minded cause I don't know what is and isn't true. I see pros and cons for pretty much every religion. For now though I just want gay marriage to be legalized in Texas so I don't have to move to New York or California eventually.

:059:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom