• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Definitely gonna watch that whole thing. The highlight there got me interested.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
ive seen these arguments before and the atheists always have to try to answer ******** (calmly, smart-sounding) religious questions. If they have trouble answering those ******** questions they "lose" the arguments.

every christian argument pretty much goes like this:

take part of sentence used to argue a divine creator

add a clever (although unrelated) comparison

say no or something along those lines

say something about how god created science or ask how the universe started

the end

Example:

Atheist: god isnt real, cant see him and no proof he exsists

Christian: Cant see strength but it is real, youre wrong because i made a comparison, how can you even prove science without the agent of god

(obviously,in a reality where god is proven real, you cant prove he didnt create "science")

Christian wins the argument.

the entire religion argument is the same whether its two kids or two geniuses,they just do it in a smarter more intelligent way.

religious people use the same arguments, you cant prove that god didnt create everything and that my god isnt the best etc.

although it is somewhat entertaining, i just always feel embarrassed for the religion side or the non religion side who has to answer stupid ****.

My role model in life is older man about 67, he has known alot of people who have passed away and also fought in egypt in war and he told me this:

Whenever people are facing death, i dont care if they are atheist or catholic or whatever, they are always praying to god to save them.
i believe understanding that people,when faced with great trouble need something greater to rely on, it sums up the entire creation of religion.

for the record he was raised catholic and believes they are all crazy.

also for the record i dont consider myself atheist (i am not sure what that entitles)

i believe simply that the way things are now is how they have always been and always will be (give or take natural disasters and climate changes etc). im not sure what this makes me but i am convinced ill never have to know differently.

if you read all this then looool

serious post?

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
And Master Hand cast down his only son to this world to release us of our falco sins to all who are willing to accept the name of Javi as their lord.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Zano, we still play. Just tell us when u wanna race.

Oh and bring it to HOBO cause lots of people race there.

:phone:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
What Xyro meant to say was bring RE because RE RE RE RE RE RE RE.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Oh yeah, the venue does let people play older games on their systems.

CY

Smash Ace
religious people use the same arguments, you cant prove that god didnt create everything and that my god isnt the best etc.

also for the record i dont consider myself atheist (i am not sure what that entitles)

i believe simply that the way things are now is how they have always been and always will be (give or take natural disasters and climate changes etc). im not sure what this makes me but i am convinced ill never have to know differently.

if you read all this then looool

serious post?
I believe we humans know nothing about a 'God' and anyone who claims they know is crazy. I find it funny we still can't grasp things on this Earth, let alone the entire universe. Yet we can find random Joe with his GED education and he'll tell you everything about God and Hell and Heaven and know it like the back of his hand. I find that funny that so many people claim of this 'God' without a SINGLE bit of evidence ever displayed.

also the one bit you said about "my God" is a very strong point and a HUGE flaw with religion and one my biggest complaints with it. people like to claim that their God is the only God and anyone who worships a different one is wrong and God will punish them. so by mere chance you're born in a different region and raised Hindu, Muslim, Buddhism, etc. you're now ****ed because your believes don't fit the believes of Christianity. btw I'm just using Christianity as one example, you could flip the tables on any religion and make the same case.

and isn't it very narcissistic? you pray to God and you get over your sickness, you do a good job, and now you claim God is so great and he's blessed you. yet millions are suffering as we speak and no one will come to their calling, sadly. so are you just one of the lucky ones while others suffer?

by religious standards, the people that destroyed the Twin Towers are now in a better place because they crashed those planes for God's will. who's to say they did something wrong? they did it for God, so it must be right, right?

The Crusades, commanded by the Pope and the Catholic church, is perfectly fine because all the killings were in the name of God.

come on people, stop living in a fairy tale. and according to the Bible and other sources, all sorts of miracles used to happen. what happened to all these phenomenons? did God get lazy or just stop caring?

Xyro77

LOL I wanna destroy your post so bad, CY. But I seriously doubt you would be able to grasp what I would have to say because you actually believe in what u just posted.

Xyro77

Ok let me do my school stuff an ill respond tonight. I really got pass the mid term tonight.

CY

Smash Ace
religion=mask

people wear mask=see different god

take mask off

????

PROFIT
yes religion is a mask. people want comfort and want to feel like they know what happens so they claim their belief in God. people are literally scared in to believing in God. when I was younger I was told if you are good and believe in God you'll go to heaven. But if you're bad you will burn in hell for eternity. do you know how scary that is for kids? I was scared ****less so I forced myself to have "faith." once I grew older and thought objectively I grew out of this though, but still. It isn't surprising that so many people are religious still. they are scared straight when they are young and are practically brain washed because who would want to burn for eternity?

if you were told by your parents and people around you your whole life that a giant, invisible octopus dragon monster was our savior in the sky, you would believe that because it's the only thing you know and the only thing you're told.

I believe students should grow up with an OBJECTIVE view on things and let them decide their own fate. instead, religion is shoved down their throats like a BBC so most of them have no other option. good news is that we are in the Information Age and we now have outlets to discover more information.

CY

Smash Ace
btw I'm not an atheist and I consider myself Agnostic. I don't necessarily rule out some form of deity, but I don't imagine him ANYTHING like the way religions portray him.

I JUST DON'T KNOW. and neither do any of you. :)

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
Xyros trolling, by him not "being able" to respond now means he's just gonna research some argument and basically copy paste.

Im a Deist btw

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Agnostic here as well.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
if by this:

LOL I wanna destroy your post so bad, CY.
you mean this(because you are about to deny his anti-god argument and not prove that god exsists):

every christian argument pretty much goes like this:

take part of sentence used to argue a divine creator

add a clever (although unrelated) comparison

say no or something along those lines

say something about how god created science or ask how the universe started

the end
then it still doesnt prove who is right or wrong.

however if you are to provide evidence you are right instead of just arguing someone elses point (which is all religious people can do) then thatd be awesome.

the strongest argument for the proof of god is that god can create complex things and is the acting agent of why we can learn science

which isnt even actual proof or evidence.

CY

Smash Ace
I'm not saying a God couldn't exist per se, I'm arguing against religion and people who claim they DO know God exists. until God shows his existence or science figures everything out(neither will happen) I stand on saying I don't know.

and if a God did exist, what would he have against people with an open mind when he has given us no signs that he exists? I get punished for that according to religious beliefs? yeah okay I'll take my gamble.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
In honor of "International women's day", I would just like to post a few things.

i just picked some random jokes, they are whatever. i feel its mandatory on this great day though.

What's the difference between a woman and a pay phone?
You need a quarter to use a pay phone.

Why can't Hellen Keller drive?
Because she's a woman.

What do you tell a woman with two black eyes?
Nothing, you already told her twice.

What do you call a woman with one black eye?
A quick learner.

Why do women have periods?
Because they ****ing deserve it.(loooooool)

Of the thousands of women who suffer from domestic abuse each year, what do they all have in common?
They didn't know when to shut the **** up.

As an airplane is about to crash, a female passenger jumps up frantically and announces, "If I'm going to die, I want to die feeling like a woman." She removes all her clothing and asks, "Is there someone on this plane who is man enough to make me feel like a woman?" A man stands up, removes his shirt and says, "Here, iron this!"

Xyro77

Guys, think about it. When u see the way I type does it look like I copy/paste? Lol. What I'm gonna attack is CYs posts. I'm not gonna find some paper or video from some TV show joke preacher and use it.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Really? Was the lol that important that you had to edit it in?
Yes, because I knew you'd feel obligated enough to say something about it.
Thanks for warming up my god-fearing heart. I don't know what I'd do without you.

Edit: lol :applejack:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
OMFG the LAST thing we need in here are arguments over religion.
I agree with a lot of CY's post, but not all of it. Especially the last portion.

Kailo, great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom