• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Congrats! I knew you could do it

:059:
Good, now do better so you can bring up your average.
Damn Dave, let the man have his moment feeling good for at least alittle while. You monster.
I'm glad he did good.

But now he can figure out his current average and know where he stands. Never too early to set a goal.
Attempting an Ocarina of Time speedrun

http://www.twitch.tv/garnitrex

edit: grats Xyro
gettin a b- in remedial math LIKE A BOSS

divided by a zair and multiplied by a TGM combo son.

JIMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

See? You got this.
Thanks guys, seriously. Though its remedial math, i take it seriously because i never had the correct foundation i needed and i can finally SEE myself getting it. After taking this test, my average is a 78.5(test 1=76/test 2=66/test 3=84 and attendance=100?). I have Mid term/test 4/Final left to bring my grade up to an 80 or better. I really gotta do well these last 3 tests.

Xyro... how have you done it for so many years? Running tournies is hell, and mine only have half the number of people the HOBO's have.

So much s***. God bless you.
If you keep a few simple things in mind at all times, tournaments wont be so hard to run(but they will ALWAYS require work).

1. BRING YOUR OWN SUPPLIES and do not rely on the public for everything. YOU need to bring Cords/surge protectors/laptop+tio/wii+ssbb+wii and paper/pen so that you can number the TVs(mega important). Obviously, you dont have 20 TVs and 20 wiis laying around so you will need to rely on the public for that.

2. Become buddies with the venue. This will help you in SO MANY WAYS later on in the future. These guys can offer you tables/chairs/pot bonus and even extend their operating hours.

2a. ALWAYS have a plan B venue.

3. Dont over do your event. Dont be like me and cram 4 events into a 12 hour day unless you KNOW the turnout will be small. Do singles/doubles and SLOWLY add events over time.

4. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU COULD EVER KNOW IS THIS.... YOU are the boss/captain/general/leader/TO so that means YOU decide how things are gonna be. NEVER let the public sway dictate things. If you say, "im seeding it this way" or "yea u can go get food, but bring it back" or "the event starts at 12pm" then that's how its gonna be(DQ if they disobey/argue). If you let the public run your event you will have people take hour long lunch breaks(which hold up the bracket), people show up 2 hours later for the event and want to be added in(after you already made the bracket), people will intentionally seed themselves good so they can advance easy....ect. There is a reason why YOU are the TO(not any one can be a TO). Though there are a few different styles of TOing, imo i feel the "tyrant" style is most effective. Tyrant Style= "Deal with it or leave and host your own event."

5. If you truly need help or do not know what to do, ASK FOR HELP. Many many times ive had to leave my computer for a match or i was puzzled about seeding and i had to ask people to help me out. Just ask people who you can TRUST. RT is great for running stuff while u play a match or go take a poo. Gnes is good for seeding. Stuff like that.

6. KEEP THE POT MONEY ON YOU AT ALL TIMES. This is common sense. If possible, bring a crap ton of 1$ bills to the event and switch out peoples 20$ bills with it.

There is obviously more things to know but if you keep these 6 things in mind, your events will become much more smooth. I will admit that even though ive ran well over 100 events(melee+brawl) i still F-up(hobo 19 and quakecon) and still learn things. There is no perfect TO and there is no perfect way to run an event so just run it as SMOOTH as possible.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Xyro, what is the idea that can bring you LOADS of DOUGH!?!?!?

Xyro77

Me llamo Ramon Salazar, the eighth castilian of this magnificent architecture. I have been honored with the prodigious power, from the great Lord Saddler. I've been expecting you my brethrens.

Xyro77

Comm's Officer Scagdead:

"Mayday, mayday... This... is the Queen Zenobia... Emergency call number..."
"I don't feel like myself... anymore..."
"TASTE!"
"Please stop! I'm human!"
"I need... hug."
"Let me talk!"
"Maaaydaaay..."

Rachael:

"Found yooouu!"
"Tasty... morsel!"
"It huuuurrrttss!"
"Someone... *crying* ...please... save me..."
"Kill... RAYMOND!"
*sadistic laughter*
*humming*

Ojih~Sama

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ojih-sama
3DS FC
1907-9993-5995
omg i did something completely silly in mk7

im on koopa cape (the main feature of the stg is the drain pipe u go down thru), and im chillin in 7th and i get my item box. Starman Time! :awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

alrite i get another box, lets keep my swagmobile rollin with another star, wusssss good :starman:

now i particularly dont like this stg much cuz if u come at the wrong angle when u reach the pipe drain, u may ride up against the walls of the pipe causing u to spin out

well when i get to the pipe drain, i activate mah starman, run over everyone, but then i did wut i mentioned above but instead of spinning out my kart flips the other way, now im driving in the reverse direction, against traffic, my star is still active :awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

i wrecked that lobby gud

do i get some points for that Rt/Xyro?

Xyro77

omg i did something completely silly in mk7

im on koopa cape (the main feature of the stg is the drain pipe u go down thru), and im chillin in 7th and i get my item box. Starman Time! :awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

alrite i get another box, lets keep my swagmobile rollin with another star, wusssss good :starman:

now i particularly dont like this stg much cuz if u come at the wrong angle when u reach the pipe drain, u may ride up against the walls of the pipe causing u to spin out

well when i get to the pipe drain, i activate mah starman, run over everyone, but then i did wut i mentioned above but instead of spinning out my kart flips the other way, now im driving in the reverse direction, against traffic, my star is still active :awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

i wrecked that lobby gud

do i get some points for that Rt/Xyro?

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Wingless and PJ just dropped out of the car for this weekend, I'm waiting on if KRD wants to go. So at the moment, I have one spot, two if KRD doesn't go.

Xyro77

My life is HORRIBLE right now. I decided to try and watch an episode of the "super Mario bros super show" and it's TERRIBLE(worse than any current new gen show). So I change to another cartoon and Claire started crying. I go back to Mario and she stops crying. She bounces to the ending credits song. This show is torture.

HELP!!!!!!!

:phone:

Xyro77

If u wanna taste of how bad it is, type in "super Mario bros super show credits" on youtube

The intro is slightly better but still visual vomit

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Show her some 90's cartoons.

Xyro77

RT, we watch the 90s spiderman and xmen. She don't like it.

Illmatic, I don't want her watching blood and guys yet.

Suspect, are u serious? Name ONE thing you honestly like from the show

heytallman

CTALL
Super Show isn't that bad. It's super corny, yeah, but it's still kinda fun to watch. Then again, I watch bad movies all the time, so my opinion probably isn't the greatest.

I assume you're watching these on Netflix? Hmm.

I'm quite sure this isn't on Netflix, but see if you can, show her Animaniacs. She'll like it because it's cartoony and has catchy music, and you'll like it because it's genuinely hilarious and a majority of the jokes are geared towards adults. Bing bam boom, hamburger time.

z00ted

:mistyface:

:mistyface: :mistyface:
:mistyface: :mistyface: :mistyface: :mistyface: :mistyface: :mistyface: :mistyface: :mistyface:

:mistyface: :mistyface: :mistyface: :mistyface: :mistyface: :mistyface: :mistyface: :mistyface:

Xyro77

Animaniacs was so good. My fav char was the dumb one. He had a hat right? The animaniacs game for the SNES was good too.

z00ted

Hey, you wanna know what my favorite show was? The one when Xyro sent the TX PR update to Zac so the TX PR can be updated. Yeah, best show ever.

Hey, you wanna know what my favorite show was? The one when Xyro sent the TX PR update to Zac so the TX PR can be updated. Yeah, best show ever.

Xyro77

I don't remember slappy. I keep thinking of that dumb character in a space suit underwater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom