• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
YES!!!!

I'M AMAZING lol.

AUSTIN IS THE BEST CITY IN TEXAS!!!KNJR!K$N!JLK@#N
Hahaha, I was gonna call it if you weren't. =) I was just scanning some ticket prices to Dallas from the Jersey area, and most of them hovered around $300...I imagine Austin would be considerably cheaper, however.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
LOL dude he might not even be able to make it to the airport..dont get too excited yet
Well, then I will just hope for the best >_>. I really want this to work lol.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
...and Oklahoma City.

I'm not even kidding. Tickets probably cost $3.50 to come out here.

That is, if you think it's worth it to spend a 16-hour roundtrip to Houston in a car with four other guys. =)

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Ok well even if the ticket is cheap there are a TON of "ifs" here. It's not really a smart move to buy the ticket lol but I mean, if things go semi-well I will.

IF the ticket is cheap
IF M2K can make it to the airport in time
IF he can pay me back within the next few months
IF the airlines are reliable he'll pay me back

etc.etc...u guys see what I mean? It's a very IFFY situation

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
M2K will win so much money from this tournament lol. There is no way he couldn't pay you back if you came XD.

Hopefully between Austin/San Antonio/Dallas you can find cheap enough tickets.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
M2K will win so much money from this tournament lol. There is no way he couldn't pay you back if you came XD.

Hopefully between Austin/San Antonio/Dallas you can find cheap enough tickets.
d!ckride more plz...oh btw, my apologies for not contributing to the Houston thread. Sorry houston gamers.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I live within 10 minutes of DFW airport; I'd be happy to pick up anyone if it'll make the flight cheaper and I'm sure we can work out a housing/riding arrangement in Dallas too. As it is I think we already have 2 cars going and space to spare.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I knew I was forgetting an important city lol.
Ow.

C'mon now, you're seriously gonna do that? lolz.

Again, I reiterate, will anyone from SA, or anyone going to Houston that has to pass through SA, be willing to let me carpool to Houston and back?

I'd pay my way in gas money, if acceptable.

Anyone?

Plz?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
d!ckride more plz...oh btw, my apologies for not contributing to the Houston thread. Sorry houston gamers.
You are extremly over-confident. Did you not even bother to look at my posts earlier? Don't be an Ahole.

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
Dammit I wish I could drive.....

With all this stuff going on about picking people up from airports, I might not be able to get a ride....

Not tryin to be selfish, but...

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
Hylian, IF m2k ends up in Austin and you volunteer to pick him up, would it still be possible for me to carpool with you?

I can provide gas moneys if needed. =)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian, IF m2k ends up in Austin and you volunteer to pick him up, would it still be possible for me to carpool with you?

I can provide gas moneys if needed. =)
It depends on how many people come. I honestly don't know yet.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
You are extremly over-confident. Did you not even bother to look at my posts earlier? Don't be an Ahole.
I did bother to look at earlier posts. Simply appeared to be dickriding and called it as I saw it. If you disagree then I apologize to you for making that comment. Sometimes it's hard to understand what people write without tone or excessive exclamation marks. I didn't mean to come off as an ahole :urg: :(

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I did bother to look at earlier posts. Simply appeared to be dickriding and called it as I saw it. If you disagree then I apologize to you for making that comment. Sometimes it's hard to understand what people write without tone or excessive exclamation marks. I didn't mean to come off as an ahole :urg: :(
I was obviously providing more incentive for them to come...

In my earlier posts I was talking about how amazing Texas could be...I don't know how you got me dickriding out of that...

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
I was obviously providing more incentive for them to come...

In my earlier posts I was talking about how amazing Texas could be...I don't know how you got me dickriding out of that...
Wow I got leveled sooo hard. My bad Hylian...too many mindgames hahahaha.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Simple respect for other players isn't dickriding.
It's figured M2K will come and own us all. He's the best around. Plain and simple. I'd like to think we have a chance, but we don't know what it's like to face someone of that calibur until it actually happens. Same goes with Azen, DSF, Edrees. We've all seen the videos, but videos don't give much justice to either player. I know this isn't melee, but playing them and watching them is much different still. Most of us don't know what it's like.

And I really hope they do come. I wanna see where we all stand as individuals and as a whole. There's alot of potential in all of us and I do believe we stand a chance. And people need to put away silly bickering. We're not just individual cities in this tourney. We all needa rep Texas to the fullest.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Let's put it this way. At CH3, in a match between M2K and DSF ( i think it was a friendly im not sure though) i told M2K i'd pay him a dollar if he could finish DSF off with a Uthrow...And he did. He was basically messing w/him and won easily.

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
It's figured M2K will come and own us all. He's the best around. Plain and simple. I'd like to think we have a chance, but we don't know what it's like to face someone of that calibur until it actually happens. Same goes with Azen, DSF, Edrees. We've all seen the videos, but videos don't give much justice to either player. I know this isn't melee, but playing them and watching them is much different still. Most of us don't know what it's like.

And I really hope they do come. I wanna see where we all stand as individuals and as a whole. There's alot of potential in all of us and I do believe we stand a chance. And people need to put away silly bickering. We're not just individual cities in this tourney. We all needa rep Texas to the fullest.
Dojo should win a freaking medal for this post

LeeHarris

Smash Lord

I understand this, but dam dudes have some nuts! All I hear is giddy school girl posts about EC players when we haven't even had a national Brawl tournament yet. Maybe we should all get giddy over caveman coming to our local tournaments because he wrecked so hard in Melee? We all had to start fresh to some extent and obviously M2K's dedication to the game along with his natural abilities are what make him good. But I'd like it if all the ****ing TX players would stop acting like pre-pubescent girls (I'm not singling anyone out - trust me) and stop crapping themselves. Both the coasts and TX should be honored to play each other; it should not be a one way transaction. Acting so lame makes our state seem noobish and its EXACTLY what gets us a **** reputation to begin with.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
I understand this, but dam dudes have some nuts! All I hear is giddy school girl posts about EC players when we haven't even had a national Brawl tournament yet. Maybe we should all get giddy over caveman coming to our local tournaments because he wrecked so hard in Melee? We all had to start fresh to some extent and obviously M2K's dedication to the game along with his natural abilities are what make him good. But I'd like it if all the ****ing TX players would stop acting like pre-pubescent girls (I'm not singling anyone out - trust me) and stop crapping themselves. Both the coasts and TX should be honored to play each other; it should not be a one way transaction. Acting so lame makes our state seem noobish and its EXACTLY what gets us a **** reputation to begin with.
No, lee should get a medal for this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom