• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesh

Smash Hero
HOBO 34 should have had mid tier singles as a side event imo. You are gonna have like 10 setups max in that venue and maybe 4 that you can comfortably use for doubles. I'll be surprised if I'm wrong.

:urg:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
@Rt

Ugh fine keep that ****ty stage legal. Terrible rules though.

@tesh

I know what I'm doing. Been doing it for 8 years.

:phone:

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm just saying cuz when you had been doing this for 7.5 years the side event got cancelled at this same venue if i recall. Venue is really too small to do 2 doubles events. Especially since you have to leave the venue before the sun even sets.

You could bring a bunch of full size mirrors and convince me the venue is bigger, but I'll probably figure it out eventually.

Also you could do 2 stock matches. Just saying, if HOBOs keep winding up at Double Dave's and PnT, you will have to make sacrifices happen somewhere to run 3 events. I'm pretty sure there was no side event at HOBO 32 and 33.

Xyro77

I'm just saying cuz when you had been doing this for 7.5 years the side event got cancelled at this same venue if i recall. Venue is really too small to do 2 doubles events. Especially since you have to leave the venue before the sun even sets.

You could bring a bunch of full size mirrors and convince me the venue is bigger, but I'll probably figure it out eventually.

Also you could do 2 stock matches. Just saying, if HOBOs keep winding up at Double Dave's and PnT, you will have to make sacrifices happen somewhere to run 3 events. I'm pretty sure there was no side event at HOBO 32 and 33.
Ive cancelled a side event there ONE time. And since i cancelled it does that mean ill cancel it again? no.

The sun sets around 6, not 9(when we must leave).

Mirrors dont make a room look bigger.

2 stock matches are ********.

HOBO 32 and 33 didnt have side events cause they are LSC events. Not cause we didnt have time.

anything else?

Tesh

Smash Hero
1. Iono, maybe
2. its not dark til after 8, which is when it ended last time
3. yes they do, you would never make it as an interior decorator
4. its brawl and 3 stock matches are just as ********
5. read your answer for 1?

also the panda express wont be free this time, so i could hit by a car crossing that 20 lane highway to burger king.

Xyro77

1. Iono, maybe
2. its not dark til after 8, which is when it ended last time
3. yes they do, you would never make it as an interior decorator
4. its brawl and 3 stock matches are just as ********
5. read your answer for 1?
jesus christ look out the ****ing window. its dark at like 6-7.

ive taken fencing lessons in a dance room for 3 years. from top to bottom the room had WALL SIZE mirrors. the room didnt look a millimeter bigger.

brawl has had 3 stocks from the beginning because 4 stocks would take too long. anything more or less is ********

Tesh

Smash Hero
ill check tmrw, no way its really dark at like 6 tho. maybe dim

thats pretty cool, but unless you saw the room without mirrors as well, you don't know how big it would have looked.

3 stocks takes too long too, its almost like playing starcraft sometimes. the first part is just an arms race to see who can gain the advantage and then you just **** around for 20 minutes until someone (most likely the guy who got the early lead) wins.

BioDG

Smash Ace
woah woah woah. Double Daves was a great venue. DDR + Brawl = AMAZING. Plus, I didn't have to go anywhere to eat.

Xyro77

sun sets around 5:22pm in december.

i saw the room without mirrors. they take them down when when the rent the room out for parties. room looked the same. im not a dummies who thinks a room is bigger simply because it has reflective panels on a wall.

3 stocks wasnt chosen ONLY for time. its the lowest we can go and still have this game "competitive." You clearly dont understand it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You keep saying the ruleset is bad, but you can't justify WHY it is bad. It's just something different from Hoko rules, deal with it.

There are no set MK tourney rules. You want to know what the Wii rules I found had? They had neutral stages and CPs like Smash, but they were based on random opinion from what I could tell and had absolutely no justification why certain stages were classified as they were. And Grumble Volcano was LEGAL despite it having that ******** shortcut...they just had a blanket "no glitches" rule.

I could say Hoko rules are bad just as easily. Why are those four stages picked? Any particular reasoning? No? MUST BE BAD RULESET THEN, HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I just want to have it legal once. If it fails, then the stage can be banned in any future events, no questions asked alright? Even you should be able to understand this.

It's a test ground, kind of like Hoko.

I hate the new Youtube layout...why they do this?

Xyro77

You keep saying the ruleset is bad, but you can't justify WHY it is bad. It's just something different from Hoko rules, deal with it.
You never asked WHY i think its bad. Now that u did ill tell you.

snaking needs to be banned. whether YOU think its not good enough or whether YOU think the stages dont promote it....it DOES/WILL happen. Its simply not mario kart if snaking is allowed.

maka wuhu needs to be banned because some one will use the glitch and its more possible than not that someone will not see them do it. you already admitted there are 2 possible cheats/glitches/whatever on that stage so its clear it needs to be banned(which u also admitted a few posts ago i was smart for doing)

There are no set MK tourney rules. You want to know what the Wii rules I found had? They had neutral stages and CPs like Smash, but they were based on random opinion from what I could tell and had absolutely no justification why certain stages were classified as they were. And Grumble Volcano was LEGAL despite it having that ******** shortcut...they just had a blanket "no glitches" rule.
Blanket "no glitch" rule? Kinda like you did for maka wuhu?

Anyways

Ive seen several rule sets for MkWii too. It doesnt have to be SET in order for it to be good/bad. Where did that come from? It doesnt need to be JUSTIFIED by him/her nor the man on the moon either. It just needs to have common sense.

I
could say Hoko rules are bad just as easily. Why are those four stages picked? Any particular reasoning? No? MUST BE BAD RULESET THEN, HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Unlike you, i dont bash things unless there is something wrong with them. Your attempting to bash my ruleset because u simply want revenge for me bashing yours. You failed RT, you failed.

I chose the stages i chose because i wanted 2 wii stages and 2 retro stages. Its simple.

I just want to have it legal once. If it fails, then the stage can be banned in any future events, no questions asked alright? Even you should be able to understand this.
or u ban it ahead of time since u already know how broken/unfair it is.

but you do w/e u want. when children go home and tell their moms about how they were cheated out of 1st place in a MK7 tournament due to maka wuhu and snaking, i will not help defend you as they crush your face in with their purses.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
How did I know that... regardless of WHATEVER ruleset RT would make, Xyro would argue about it?

Xyro77

My rules drafted by my lovely and approved by me stay for the tournament tomorrow. Test run it see how you like it. DEAL WITH IT.
i hope no one cheats

when does the mk7 tournament start?

o.0 I thought these were suppose to be fake? lol
they are.

If you're a power up reward member, gamestop is having another B2G1 free sale this weekend

pokemon white/black is $20 used at gamefly

best buy is having a B2G1 free on games over $30 still I THINK

http://www.mercurynews.com/peninsula/ci_19513855?source=most_viewed

and best buy will ban you from trade ins if they suspect you of flipping lol
dude, u can buy from gamefly? since when?

Xyro77

terribles TOs!

they wont even answer a question.

this tournament smells like OMEGA disaster! maybe i really should go to prevent this catastrophic failure from happening?

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
@Xyro- Idk since when but gamefly has been doing it for a while and offers daily deals. GOOD DEALS, p4 edited my first about it the other day when they were selling Catherine for $18 and Golden sun DS for $13. They are always used but 98% of the time they are in very good condition/like new. Best Buy also does Deals every week day, they just had Duke Nukem Forever for $5, yesterday was Brink for $5.

just check cheapassgamer.com daily

Xyro77

@Xyro- Idk since when but gamefly has been doing it for a while and offers daily deals. GOOD DEALS, p4 edited my first about it the other day when they were selling Catherine for $18 and Golden sun DS for $13. They are always used but 98% of the time they are in very good condition/like new. Best Buy also does Deals every week day, they just had Duke Nukem Forever for $5, yesterday was Brink for $5.

just check cheapassgamer.com daily
hmmm. i may start buying stuff from them then

Malice Chains

Smash Journeyman
yeah, it's too good to pass up on, especially since they have free shipping I think and their used games are in way better condition than gamestops.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
when children go home and tell their moms about how they were cheated out of 1st place in a MK7 tournament due to maka wuhu and snaking, i will not help defend you as they crush your face in with their purses.
Dude...I'm looking forward to this!

BRING IT!

Btw, the wireless at the Gamestop/Barnes and Noble isn't that great. Like, you'll see when you get there. It won't matter if everyone attending Hoko is there, but yeah...

Xyro77

Dude...I'm looking forward to this!

BRING IT!

Btw, the wireless at the Gamestop/Barnes and Noble isn't that great. Like, you'll see when you get there. It won't matter if everyone attending Hoko is there, but yeah...
aint we doing ad hoc though? wifi shouldnt be a problem. i prob wont do HOKO there cause amanda wants me back for some dumb family christmas party

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-, well you can always have it on another day...that's the advantage of online tourneys. :)

Who has a Christmas party 2 weeks before Christmas? Da fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom