• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesh

Smash Hero
So what's up this weekend?
i dont know, but i really wanna ****ing do something
I thought we were all playing mortal kombat 7 online or some ****.

Also, I'm gonna be honest and say that Nike is the only Texas player that sent me half decent clips for hype video. ffs people at least send me a good clip of you scoring a kill. 2 consecutive hits is NOT hype.

So far 75% of the video is trela. Doesn't anyone else do cool stuff in matches?

Sync.

Smash Champion
Mario Kart tourney from 2:30 to 7 at Gamestop. It's whatever Mario Kart you guys wany according to Ginger. We can also do MKDD and others other than just 7

:phone:

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Uhhh.....
Its not out in America yet(and if you pirated it, thanks, your the reason great games like these don't come to US often)

/salt

More of the opposite really. It's because they don't bring it over here that I have to resort to that. At the time I did get it, they had absolutely no plans of bringing it over here, and I didn't wanna wait considering how this usually goes, but it's good they decided to bring it over.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
There really isn't ruleset for any MK game (I saw one for the Wii version but I can't follow the logic behind it), so I propose the following:

General Format:
-All parts are legal and all characters are legal.
-Snaking is legal.
-Single Elimination. There really isn't any way of doing Double Elimination fairly without doing 1v1 and that isn't feasible....
-CPUs are off.
-Standard/Normal item set.
-150cc
-If less than 8 people, there will be a set of four races. Winner is determined by points.
-Up to 16, two groups (divided evenly as possible) will race in a set of four races, top 4 advance to second set of four matches where winner is determined there.
-Up to 24 people, three separate groups (divided evenly as possible) and top 3 from each group will advance. Third place finishers must play a single track match and last place is eliminated.
-Up to 32, four separate groups (divided evenly as possible) and top 2 advance to a second group.
-If there are more than 32 people, groups and additional races will be added as necessary (I doubt there will be more than 32).

Stage selection:
-All stages are legal.
-Maka Wuhu glitch shortcut is banned. If you are caught using the glitch, you will be DQ'd from the entire tournament. If you suspect someone is cheating, then call a judge immediately. PLAY THE STAGE AS INTENDED, DON'T BE GAY.
-First stage will be random.
-Players that finish 8th can CP a stage. They cannot use the same stage again if they place 8th in subsequent races in the current set (No on wants to play Rainbow Road 3 times in a row).
I'm not sure if anything else needs to be addressed.

The ruleset is completely different from Hoko, but that shouldn't be a problem since they're separate tourneys.

Since DD will be there, a similar ruleset should be used.

Any suggestions would be nice.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
For DD, I'm not sure if people want to do 2v2 or groups of 4 single players. Either way is fine.

Tesh

Smash Hero
scrub ruleset, banning a shortcut why? Just let everyone use it like metaknight.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Nope, it's an unintended GLITCH shortcut. I have no problem with shortcuts, but glitch shortcuts are dumb, like Grumble Volcano in MKW. It's either ban the glitch shortcut or ban the stage, so I chose the lesser of the two evils. It's very obvious when someone uses the shortcut because they instantly jump to 1st. Don't be a whiner, you know it's dumb and shouldn't be allowed.

Updated the ruleset with some clarifications.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Does it matter if its a glitch? Everyone can use it so the race is just shorter thats all.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Play it the right way or the stage will be banned because people have to be dumb and argue for the sake of arguing.

I guess Xyro was smart in just banning outright.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I knew it, what a wimp.

COME AT ME SPROUT

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Rt, if u don't ban ******** **** people will abuse It. Get rid of waka mama stage and ban snaking and u r good to go.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's really easy to tell if someone is using the glitch shortcut because they will instantly jump to 1st place. A 20 second lead is very obvious. If they can't follow rules, they can be DQ'd from the whole tourney.

Snaking isn't a problem. I've yet to encounter anyone who has successfully win by snaking, given how limited it is.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Again, snaking does not have as great an impact as it did in MKDS. You can only do snaking in MK7 on certain courses that have wide areas, and even then for a very small portion of the track and you have to do it perfectly anyways. It's literally more effort that it's worth.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It could be applied to both MK7 and DD, but DD can have 2v2 if people want. Again, there really isn't any concrete ruleset, so yeah...

It's honestly whatever ruleset, but I think what I proposed is about as good as it will get as far as being fair.

If people have suggestions that make sense, then feel free to explain why you think such a change is reasonable. I'm open to ideas that aren't derpy.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, unless you want to double elimination.

The only problem is that how would you reward players that are still in winners side? Say if you had 16 total players...two groups of eight players each. Say you had top 4 from each group advance to winners, and the rest to losers.

Now you have 8 in winners and 8 in losers. So I guess you could have top 4 in winners stay, and the top 4 in losers stay. The bottom 4 from winner could play the remaining 4 in losers. The top 4 from that group goes to GF.

You could do that too. Problem is that once it goes about 16 players, things will instantly get complicated.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
For a feeble minded person like yourself, yes it's complicated. But to a master mind like myself, it's not.

Please ban waka poopoo.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-. okay, we can do double elim if you can handle it O GREAT GREEN MASTER.

I want to allow Maka Wuhu. DEAL WITH IT.

It's going be a free tourney from what Sync says. I don't think Gamestop will have a prize, but you can always have some tasty trash talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom