• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sync.

Smash Champion
I'm glad you're family is going to see better times young prince Zuko. I know things were tough. Go grow up a little a change of atmosphere is probably just what you need!

:phone:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It sucks, but like, that's what happens when you ignore mandatory evacuations. They're issued because it is for the greater good...they aren't done for lulz. Oh noes, you spent $40 in gas to drive somewhere and then nothing happens versus losing your car and paying thousands to replace it.

Oh well, lesson learned.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
For those of you who weren't at the tournament yesterday or just didn't hear the news, well, here it is.....

It turns out that I'm gonna be moving to San Antonio real soon. I found this out shortly before I left to Sync's this last Friday, but hey? It's better to know now than to find out the day before we're supposed to move, right? Anyways, my dad was offered a big job that pays a lot better than the one he currently has, but the place-of-work for this new job is in San Antonio, which means that we gonna have to find a way to sell our house and move there to get it, first.

I'm still unsure as to how all of this is going to work out, but it's inevitable. My dad is going to accept this new job offer, and there's really nothing I can do about it. My mom mentioned to me, however, that if I wanted to, I could move out myself and continue to live here in Houston, but I'm not ready for that at all. I still don't have a high school diploma or GED, yet, and I've yet to get a job. I have no car or any type of experience with being on my own. I definitely do not want to make the same mistake that my brother did and move out as soon as possible. My family still needs me, anyways. The chance of me not moving to San Antonio is 1%; There's absolutely no reason for my dad to turn down this offer for what's basically a better life. I could give his reasons as to why he's accepting it, but I feel that it's unnecessary to do so.

The only thing I do not know yet is exactly when we will be moving out, but my family's driving up to San Antonio next weekend to figure everything out, so I'll keep you guys updated on that. Xyro mentioned something about throwing a moving-away party for me, but you guys don't have to do that. I'd appreciate just to be able to continue hanging out with everyone like usual, nothing special. I'm letting everyone know about this now because I could be moving anytime after HOBO. I still don't know what to think of all this, really. I guess we're gonna be enemies pretty soon.....
Trel my Trel. I love you, you're deff one of my favorite smashers and one of my favorite friends. I'm gonna miss you, and you better let us throw you something before you go. <3

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex
i'm in france right now and ive played a couple of EU diddays and i can safely say that American diddys are better. like i have no trouble against them with my diddy and pit. cept for Luigi_Player and iStudying theyre legit XD
Take me with you next time :O!

For those of you who weren't at the tournament yesterday or just didn't hear the news, well, here it is.....

It turns out that I'm gonna be moving to San Antonio real soon. I found this out shortly before I left to Sync's this last Friday, but hey? It's better to know now than to find out the day before we're supposed to move, right? Anyways, my dad was offered a big job that pays a lot better than the one he currently has, but the place-of-work for this new job is in San Antonio, which means that we gonna have to find a way to sell our house and move there to get it, first.

I'm still unsure as to how all of this is going to work out, but it's inevitable. My dad is going to accept this new job offer, and there's really nothing I can do about it. My mom mentioned to me, however, that if I wanted to, I could move out myself and continue to live here in Houston, but I'm not ready for that at all. I still don't have a high school diploma or GED, yet, and I've yet to get a job. I have no car or any type of experience with being on my own. I definitely do not want to make the same mistake that my brother did and move out as soon as possible. My family still needs me, anyways. The chance of me not moving to San Antonio is 1%; There's absolutely no reason for my dad to turn down this offer for what's basically a better life. I could give his reasons as to why he's accepting it, but I feel that it's unnecessary to do so.

The only thing I do not know yet is exactly when we will be moving out, but my family's driving up to San Antonio next weekend to figure everything out, so I'll keep you guys updated on that. Xyro mentioned something about throwing a moving-away party for me, but you guys don't have to do that. I'd appreciate just to be able to continue hanging out with everyone like usual, nothing special. I'm letting everyone know about this now because I could be moving anytime after HOBO. I still don't know what to think of all this, really. I guess we're gonna be enemies pretty soon.....
Harsh that you're moving on such short notice. Guess I'll see you often, though.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Trela!!!

I'll see you soon when I make it there!

Also, guys my car is 100% fixed again because we stole the starter system out of a junk car that's exactly the same as mine.
As well as fixing the door handle.
And fixing the glove box that PJ broke.

But god I hate this car.

BioDG

Smash Ace
It's cool, Trela. Yeah, leaving friends can be tough, but I see this as good news overall. Your family is getting a great opportunity, there's new possibilities being in a new place with new people...it's a blessing to be a part of that. I see this as nothing but positives; the world is so much bigger than smash and its community.

Sure, you'll be part of a new crew but I'm sure everyone here will find ways to hang with you whenever possible, as your friendships here will remain strong. Only difference is distance.

Also, I encourage you to live on your own only when you feel it's right for yourself...as that's the most important factor. I know the prospect might be fun, but staying with friends rather than with family isn't always the best thing if you still feel you ought to develop a better sense of independence. Becoming a dependency to others obviously creates difficulties, but it can also be a shameful, powerless feeling. There is no rush to get out and your family is there to prepare you (both personally and financially)...and they can often be the best to learn from even if it's difficult to deal with them. They love and know you better than anyone, yeah?

Anyway, I'll shut up now. I wish you the best on your new journey, man. :]

KRDsonic

Smash Master
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=122539

Lol inui was the only person to get bodied by the hurricane, everyone is making fun of him, lol omg. I couldn't help but to c the ironic part of this situation but like this is terrible ;(
Wow wtf @ some of the comments in that blog. Seriously now? That's pretty bad that so many people find it amusing that someone just had their car destroyed by flood waters, especially when that person already has to deal with flood waters that will be there for days. Maybe it just angers me more than it would most people since I actually lost my home and nearly everything I owned (except for a few clothes and stuff) back in tropical storm allison, but that's seriously messed up.

:059:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
yo trela. you're one of my favorite people. im gonna miss hanging with ya in houston, but at least you are still close enough for the occasional visit bro.

oh hey now that i think about it, that makes san antonio an actual tourney threat (oh ya, i just went there. fire nation mother ****er's).

no but for reals trela ill miss you. but ill make sure to accomplish a goal i have for you before you go.

i WILL see a drunken trela.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Yeah. Even though he did fail to take the hurricane seriously, I still wouldn't trash talk someone who suffered from it. We all make mistakes so it's nothing but just plain ignorant to do that.

But hey, that's what people have to deal with in this community. After all the drama from certain major tournaments this year, this seems to be the norm.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Those comments weren't even that bad. Most of them were just poking fun at the irony of what he had previously said.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
oh hey now that i think about it, that makes san antonio an actual tourney threat (oh ya, i just went there. fire nation mother ****er's).
*sends in gnes/razer/vinnie*

nothing changes, houston still the best city in the state since brawl began.

thank me

NearZzz

Smash Lord
if pwii can beat vinnie i can beat vinnie and if jash can beat pwii i can beat pwii>

also stuck at syncs house forever tho

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Musical festival im going to is on the weekend afterr hobo, not the same weekend. Looks like ima be at 33 unless something else comes up

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Pwii, Imma start using dueling network more when they update it to the new format, so play me sometime.

or anyone else that cares about yugioh.

inb4nooneelse

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

The bundle will cost $70, so if you don't have a Wiimote that has Motion Plus, then it would be best to get the bundle. Motion Plus is required to play. Comes out Nov 20.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
DDR and Wii Fit say hi.

Tesh

Smash Hero

The bundle will cost $70, so if you don't have a Wiimote that has Motion Plus, then it would be best to get the bundle. Motion Plus is required to play. Comes out Nov 20.
Wow, I want this so bad. Does it have a matching kama attachment? Definitely getting this. Do I have to preorder or something? A wiimote for 20 dollars i a friggen steal and that so badass looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom