• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex
Xyro on smoom

I was listening to a eurogamer podcast yesterday and what they were saying is pretty much coming true. They were saying that the day of the "handheld" war is over. Smart phones are the winners/leaders now and psv/3ds must catch up to THEM.

Think about it.

iOS/Android games have easy controls. Tilt/turn/press the on-screen buttons.
iOS/Android has cheap full games(99cents for a game like angry birds that has over 300 levels) and sometimes FULL games for free(maple story)/free demos.

Nintendo's move to make the 3ds 170$ makes it possible to compete with an itouch/iphone. Giving away 20 FREE games(22 if u count excite bike/pokedex) and allowing people to DL demos is a direct move to compete with iOS/android's free demos/cheap games.
This. Entirely true. I once read an article which said despite the Call of Duty games being the best selling every year, it's still getting beat (gross income) by FARMVILLE.

Cheap, simple, accessible, and intuitive. Nintendo should just give in and make their own phone xD.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lol everyone owes me venue fees :]

Allan I can't wait till you come over again
Say...don't you owe me like a ton of money? Venue fee is now RT fee. OOOOOOOOooooooh! :o

This weekend will be good.

Gea

Smash Master
Dave secretly "adopts" children by the hundreds and raises them with tender love and care. See Zenoclash for more details.

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
pwii- yo vinnie when u going to texas?
Vinnie- Oh umm week of the 8/4 to 8/8
pwii- oh word, idk how u travel everywhere lol, u rich, how are u paying ur plane ticket?
vinnie- Texas is paying for plane ticket
pwii- Oh word, thats nice, they must be some real good freinds
vinnie- no silly, they donating to my pot.
:embarrass:
Damn LOL, didn't know it was like that lmao.
:phone:

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
Whom in texas owns a car, it be useful to know till I get my license, once I'm on the road ppl shall not miss a trney or smashfest cause they didn't get a ride

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
It's not like I'm not driving anyone else around anywhere, I just guess I regret saying the same thing to myself a while back.

Maybe we just need more drivers though, Houston is a big place.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
texas needs public transportation
It's a shame it will never happen. Light rail had some potential for Houston, but well...they messed it up so hard.

Texas too big for it's own good. :ohwell:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I can, you live by Katy right?
Yeah, I live in Katy - where do YOU live Jrugs?

If it's too far away, it's totally fine - I'll just sit this tournament out.
I also would need a ride home...

Anyways, if anyone wants to pick me up just tell me.
I haven't played Brawl in over two weeks.... whoa.

3619 Havenmoor Place
Katy, Texas

I'm willing to pay like $10-15 dollars in gas money, or whatever is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom