• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If I recall, double contractions aren't grammatically correct, but they exist in informal context.

Gnes or Gea, ENLIGHTEN US.

Gea

Smash Master
They are not formal, no. In fact, many times their uses are extraneous. His sentence would work fine as, "I wouldn't be half as good as I am if I hadn't sat down with Damien and played tons of MvC2 beforehand." The imprecise nature of the sentence comes from the fact that English really doesn't use pluperfect verbs for construction in a formal manner.

To those who don't know what pluperfect is:
Pluperfect of action: where a series of pluperfect sentences carry a narration. This pluperfect is allied more closely to the usual preterite in English. It serves only to place a narration in the "more distant past", without determining its particular time or duration, as follows: "He had risen early that morning and had drunk coffee earlier than usual."
Though you guys keep assuming my major and his minor are things they are not. I'm not a linguistics, grammar, or literary major; I'm a writing major. There's a different skillset involved, and I honestly never had to take a class on grammar. I only took one on linguistics out of choice.

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
I need to spend more time in the training room. : / I wish I had played MvC2, and I envy the people who had the game like a month or two before the release.. It's gonna be awhile until I get stuff down. Also should I invest in a pad instead of using the xbox dpad? I really like this game and plan on playing it for awhile.

Gea

Smash Master
I need to spend more time in the training room. : / I wish I had played MvC2, and I envy the people who had the game like a month or two before the release.. It's gonna be awhile until I get stuff down. Also should I invest in a pad instead of using the xbox dpad? I really like this game and plan on playing it for awhile.
If you have the cash, yeah. Though I'd consider an arcade stick over a pad if you are that interested and willing to learn.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Stick is a little weird to get used to, but after you've played enough to get used to it execution in general gets more consistent. Pad is certainly playable, but if you're interested in playing competitively and can stand to learn (and pay for) a stick, its a good idea.

Gea

Smash Master
About 100 bucks, realistically. A stick is a huge investment to get a quality one (rough estimate is 140~) but it's like you're really playing at an arcade and you never have to worry about having to switch controllers on a different system if you have a dual modded one. It's expensive though so it's good to be sure you are ready for the investment/plunge before you do. Really good if you want solid execution. The games are made with sticks in mind and it shows when doing inputs like 360s or pressing multiple buttons at the same time.

I recently got into them and dual modded my own stick (as well as replaced the parts). If anyone needs advice on purchasing one or would like to commission me for some custom work (minus art) I'd be more than happy to. While I'm mentioning this I'll also throw out that I can do GC controller mods easily like removing springs or swapping out the control stick covers with other ones (wii ones for a taller stick, or C stick for a shorter one).

Anyways don't settle for a crappy arcade stick, but be sure you want one before plopping down the money.

Popertop

Smash Champion
They are not formal, no. In fact, many times their uses are extraneous. His sentence would work fine as, "I wouldn't be half as good as I am if I hadn't sat down with Damien and played tons of MvC2 beforehand." The imprecise nature of the sentence comes from the fact that English really doesn't use pluperfect verbs for construction in a formal manner.

To those who don't know what pluperfect is:

Though you guys keep assuming my major and his minor are things they are not. I'm not a linguistics, grammar, or literary major; I'm a writing major. There's a different skillset involved, and I honestly never had to take a class on grammar. I only took one on linguistics out of choice.
damn, the only career choice to ever make less money than a musician.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I'm selling my modded wii for 180$. Comes with 20 games and a bunch of accessories.

Next hobo or whobo would be a good place to meet

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I can't b the worst if I have not played it.

Im here to tell u Sethlon is prob better than all of u.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Seriously, Sethlon was better at brawl, melee, guilty gear and I'm pretty sure he's better than u guys at mvc3 too.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
i am DEFINITELY the worst at mvc3

i rented it today and I HATED IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom