• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You're only unique when you win. Otherwise, you're just another loser.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
winning>unique
Out of the hundreds of mks/magnetos/fulgores/ryus out there that win, only a max of 5 will go down in history(chances are you wont be one of them winning or remembered). Now do semi good or good(u dont necessarily even have to win a tourney) with a lesser known char and u will go down in history.

Unique>winning

Gnes

Smash Master
Out of the hundreds of mks/magnetos/fulgores/ryus out there that win, only a max of 5 will go down in history. Now do semi good or good(u dont necessarily even have to win a tourney) with a lesser known char and u will go down in history.

Unique>winning

You're only unique when you win. Otherwise, you're just another another loser.

this. People arent gonna remember Fow a year from now getting 3rd at WGF, but they will remember Polt winning that florida tourney.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Crap, I just noticed I repeated "another". And now it's quoted with no chance of fixing it.

THIS IS HORRIBLE.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Ditto.

Although it is amazing to see lower characters doing insane things and pulling awesome upsets, they don't get remembered the way a champ gets remembered.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
gnes thinks nicole is better than me

lemme go die now

JUST JOKING I DONT GIVE A ****

Xyro77

this. People arent gonna remember Fow a year from now getting 3rd at WGF, but they will remember Polt winning that florida tourney.
fow is the best ness and polter is the best yoshi........of course they will be remembered whether one gets 3rd and the other wins a tourney. So yea your example didnt prove anything and plus you didnt live thru melee so u cant possibly know what im talking about. When brawl is said and done we will see who is right.

Gnes

Smash Master
Allan u said unique>winning

I gave an example in which a year from now ur gonna be hard pressed to find people who remember that Fow GOT 3rd at WGF, not that he's the best ness. People will remember the day that a yoshi aka Polt won a tourney in one of the strongest regions in the world. Being unique is one thing. Being unique and winning is another.

Polt, idk, shaky definitely better in doubles, but as for singles, i think fow may have gotten a slight lead for now.

Xyro77

Actually, Shaky's the best Ness. >.>

:069:
poltergust, florida sucks. when will u get this?

Allan u said unique>winning

I gave an example in which a year from now ur gonna be hard pressed to find people who remember that Fow GOT 3rd at WGF, not that he's the best ness. People will remember the day that a yoshi aka Polt won a tourney in one of the strongest regions in the world. Being unique is one thing. Being unique and winning is another.
winning+unique isnt what im talking about.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Didn't FOW place really well at another major tournament like two summers ago? I remember hearing about a lot of hype over him when I was at a tournament in AL.

Xyro77

Im pretty sure d4ba will be WORSE than houston at mvc3. there wont be a mk character he can abuse.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Im pretty sure d4ba will be WORSE than houston at mvc3. there wont be a mk character he can abuse.
I honestly don't think he will, from my knowledge he's better at 2D fighters (I could be wrong).

And wtf are you talking about there "won't be a mk char he can abuse" most 2Ds have even more of a broken character(s) than MK is in Brawl >_>

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
fow is the best ness and polter is the best yoshi........of course they will be remembered whether one gets 3rd and the other wins a tourney. So yea your example didnt prove anything and plus you didnt live thru melee so u cant possibly know what im talking about. When brawl is said and done we will see who is right.
Question...what does melee have to with this........?

Xyro77

Question...what does melee have to with this........?
You were not around for the game so you wouldnt understand.

Suddenly, Ivan Ooze appears.

Also, you're assuming the MvC3 will be balanced? Good luck with that.
I honestly don't think he will, from my knowledge he's better at 2D fighters (I could be wrong).

And wtf are you talking about there "won't be a mk char he can abuse" most 2Ds have even more of a broken character(s) than MK is in Brawl >_>
you people forget capcom isnt nintendo. They actually FIX things when players complain......sf4 sagat got nerfed hard in ssf4. People complained to hell in back about mvc2 and i assure u mvc3 will be much more balanced

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Suddenly, Ivan Ooze appears.

Also, you're assuming the MvC3 will be balanced? Good luck with that.
A wild Karai appears

And lmao seriously, is there a 2D fighter that is balanced?

you people forget capcom isnt nintendo. They actually FIX things when players complain......sf4 sagat got nerfed hard in ssf4. People complained to hell in back about mvc2 and i assure u mvc3 will be much more balanced
Uhhh that still doesn't change the fact that they're broken to begin with...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dammit P4, stop trying to CPing me, lmao. Those two need to fight it out, so that everyone's head would explode.

Balance in a fighting game is solely based on opinion, so there aren't any truly balanced fighting games. You can't quantify balance unless you assign arbitrary numbers. The only way there could be true balance is if each character is an exact copy of himself/herself. Unless every character has the exact moveset with the same properties, advantages/disadvantages will always exist between characters.

But some of more commonly cited examples of pretty balanced games include Guilty Gear, Tekken, and of course, Street Fighter II Turbo (there's a reason people still play it even today).

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
RT why do you change your character preference like every 2 weeks?

Sync.

Smash Champion
Alright Allan remember that set when me and Roy went to game 3 GF? I last minute went Samus in the name of the great Xyro77/TGM and said "I will win this tournament for captain neckbeard and his crew" and then 4 stocked him at Dreamland 64? You had to remember that

Xyro77

Alright Allan remember that set when me and Roy went to game 3 GF? I last minute went Samus in the name of the great Xyro77/TGM and said "I will win this tournament for captain neckbeard and his crew" and then 4 stocked him at Dreamland 64? You had to remember that

dear f-ing lord. im outta here

Sync.

Smash Champion
Ok I know everyone from melee remembers that.

Back in the melee days life was so much better everything was ran by the great sync. Stores were called Sync-Mart and when you wanted McDonalds you would go to McSyncies and I could play every character in melee and I R canceled not l canceled like scrubs that I know

Xyro77

Ok I know everyone from melee remembers that.

Back in the melee days life was so much better everything was ran by the great sync. Stores were called Sync-Mart and when you wanted McDonalds you would go to McSyncies and I could play every character in melee and I R canceled not l canceled like scrubs that I know
Most people used R to L cancel......

Its called L cancel cause it cancels LAG.....

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Smash 64 has Z cancel.

WHAT DOES THE Z STAND FOR?!

Sync.

Smash Champion
Sometimes I didn't even L cancel because I was so broken

Don't make me mention when I 4 stocked you on battlefield and YOU blamed the ledges hah! Nothing will change Allan I will always be the best at Melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom