• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesh

Smash Hero
At least I don't have to learn how to use a Gamecube controller now.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Grassroots=community sponsored.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Also, the money incident between two players was another reason. Jason "Mew2King" Zimmerman was suspended by the league for reportedly fixing a match between he and ADHD. Some reports had it that ADHD paid off Mew2King to intentionally lose, while others said the two players were splitting prize money.

"If I knowingly stand by and let a community behave in a certain manner and creates a tournament environment that's corrupt, I expose myself to litigation," DiGiovanni said. "No. 2, I personally find it revolting."

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Xyro77
MLG drops brawl, in case u didnt know. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11855772#post11855772
David Kubiak
old
David Kubiak
lol
Xyro77
it was posted today
Xyro77
its not old u jack-***
David Kubiak
IT IS
Xyro77
no
David Kubiak
calm down
Xyro77
im just not gonna talk to you if you are gonna be a moron
Xyro77
its like 8-10 hours old but its not OLD
Xyro77
OLD is days/months/years

lol *goes back to watching One Piece*

CY

Smash Ace
it's not really surprising considering Brawl isn't a big game. Also, you can't blame M2K/ADHD, because people split all the time and it's a pretty standard thing. I'm sure people split back in the melee days, it was just stupid of them to make it so public.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Well, good luck then.
I'm just saying, make sure you get something else out of the trip.
Why would you just come out of nowhere and say that **** when someone simply says they want to go to pound. you have never even been to one have you? so where do you get off on saying that it wont be worth it?

and what sort of legit reasoning would you even possibly have to say this? haha

lame

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Why would you just come out of nowhere and say that **** when someone simply says they want to go to pound. you have never even been to one have you? so where do you get off on saying that it wont be worth it?

and what sort of legit reasoning would you even possibly have to say this? haha

lame
Salt

And did you name search "Pound"? Lmaooooo

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
it's not really surprising considering Brawl isn't a big game. Also, you can't blame M2K/ADHD, because people split all the time and it's a pretty standard thing. I'm sure people split back in the melee days, it was just stupid of them to make it so public.
The size of the game does not matter. Tekken 6 NEVER went above 100 entrants the entire season. The only reason why tekken will stay is because of the following things(smash didnt do any of these btw)

1. No support from developers or sponsors

Its clear, Nintendo and its devs declined the ability to allow MLG stream us and offered no support at all. This is pretty much already known/accepted.

2. M2K/ADHD bracket manipulation.

I hate to say it but the vocalization of splitting, the constant greed and the over all lack of morals is the reason why this happened. It makes me so mad. But yet again, this is brawl and of course ******** suff ALWAYS happens.

3. Support being split between the MLG tournaments and underground tournaments.

I told you guys, AZ told you guys and so did pretty much any old gen TO. YOU MUST SUPPORT MLG or else it will not support you. When a TO hosts big events along side MLG and when you dont wanna work with MLG.....you wreck things. And guess what, it happened.

4. Unsteady attendance figures

MLG Orlando 2010 (183 Entrants)
MLG Columbus 2010 (250 Entrants)
MLG Raleigh 2010 (148 Entrants)
MLG DC 2010 (174 Entrants)
MLG Dallas 2010 National Championship (182 Entrants)

These are extremely good results for a game that has no livestream/****ty rule-set/random seeding.....ect. EVERY event was double of what tekken 6 brought in. Sadly, it wasnt enough.

Since i know everything im gonna go ahead and let you guys know(though you already know) that smash will never return to MLG ever again. If they dropped MELEE(and we worked with/along side them) and BRAWL(great turnout for each event) then there is no way they will ever pick up smash again. For those of you that DID go....cherish it!!!!!!!!!!!

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I'm actually siding with Plank here lol

Sync should go to Pound and with a positive attitude. You won't get anywhere otherwise.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Pretty sure M2K/ADHD didn't put the final nail in the coffin at MLG. Its all about the money and MLG officials already stated that even if each event had capped, it would not be enough money to cover what they spent on Brawl.

IF Brawl had had support from Nintendo and sponsors bringing in money and the M2K/ADHD scandal had taken that away. THEN it would be their fault. But M2K ain't Tiger woods, Brawl did not have a chance at the 2011 circuit and the community itself couldn't have done anything to change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom