• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hey...so...what's going on here?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Trela, Leaf and I are all motivated at the same time by Dojo and PJ's speech.
If you guys can't get something together for Monster's Arcade, I'll hold a fest on satuday(was planning to anyway).

PJ I'll hold something on Friday too.

Oh by the way, HOOTHOOT.
Please dont hold anything on friday. it will hurt my event on saturday. the only exceptions would be hobos(cause u are housing them). im calling monnster arcade in 1 hour to set it up.

Also, what side events would u guys like to have? mid tier 1vs1 or 2vs2, low tier 1vs1 or 2vs2.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure a fest won't hurt the tournaments attendance. There's always fest before tournaments

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
What Xyro said about me is pretty much true...I don't practice as nearly as much as I used to. Yeah, I go to fests and tourney, but those are the only times I ever practice or test anything or even touch Brawl...no Wifi, no practicing at home, not even going to someone's house for 1v1 training...just fests and tourneys. So you can see how hard it is to get better with only a few hours of effort once a week or every other week. I'm honestly going to Dallas more for experience of a BIG tourney and meeting some new smashers rather than expecting to do well. And maybe cause a random upset for the lulz.

Just keep practicing...it's the only way to get better.

Zori

Smash Champion
wait wait wait.... mlg is like soon FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Zori, wtf? Without you..what's the point? :(

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Nairo just beat Anti. ****ing garbage.
Nairo is gdlk. >_>;

we just got 0wn3d
nah man, Razer did all right in singles and TX ***** in doubles as usual

Malcolm was booty game three against them but oh well, I was pretty bad in the last part of the first anyways :(

that's incorrect I beat Fliphop and proceeded to lose to Razer.

Yeah, you ***** the hell out of me, but it won't happen again, and it hasn't which I proved at Sync's Sex Saloon 2.

I'm NOT getting like p4 and Jerm, lol I accept losses.
LOL YOU GOT ***** BY SAMUS

MY GANON > YOUR PEACH

SCRUB

^that why people dont get better. they dont treat every match as a tourney match.
agreed

Geez, kids cant accept facts. They only wanna hear what they wanna hear or else they get upset.
agreed

you gotta remember that people like us are much older than most of the community, though =/

Lmao. Dojo got it.
Also, never go to new jersey....your stomachs will be destroyed like mine is now.
What happened? Xyro and DugFinn stayed at my place for a week last year without problems, but probably because I picked the food places or cooked for them each day.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Hey guys. Anybody know if there's gonna be any smashfests this upcoming weekend?

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
***, when have I lost to you recently?

***... all I've lost to (besides RT) at a HOBO is Razer, Dphat, and Gnes.

I'm not saying I'm ASDLJAKSDLKASJDLKASJD but I think I can pose as a threat to high level players in our state now, because I feel as though I'm improving and you can see it in my matches.

I've only been playing for 4 months lol.
Somebody doesn't like the truth?

Xyro77

also, is mid tier singles ok for the side event or more mid tier teams?? i had a blast with mid tier teams

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
All these young kids today... back in my day we had greats like Free-Rex and Mr. Free Thousand...

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
There is a tournament this weekend?

Sorry guys, I haven't played brawl in a while and I'm tryna get back into the scene. I'm just gonna main Link and Pokemon Trainer.

BioDG

Smash Ace
I'm down for anything on Friday since I'm working on Saturday. Never been to these gatherings so any addresses posted or PMed would be great.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Kingdom, small tournament at Monster's Arcade this Saturday. I'm sure Allan will give out more info soon.

Xyro77

2 fests in a row or a fest then tourney in a row is a bad idea unless its a HOBO fest.

So i think we should make an agreement. fest on fri at smooms or a fest on sat at syncs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom