• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
that's incorrect I beat Fliphop and proceeded to lose to Razer.

Yeah, you ***** the hell out of me, but it won't happen again, and it hasn't which I proved at Sync's Sex Saloon 2.

I'm NOT getting like p4 and Jerm, lol I accept losses.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
that's incorrect I beat Fliphop and proceeded to lose to Razer.

Yeah, you ***** the hell out of me, but it won't happen again, and it hasn't which I proved at Sync's Sex Saloon 2.

I'm NOT getting like p4 and Jerm, lol I accept losses.
um.........Smooms thingy was after sex saloon 2 And the tio file from hobo 26 is not wrong. I took a direct copy of the results from aib which is a direct copy from the tio file.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
STOP ****ING ARGUING LOL

btw friendlies= playing for fun or trying to learn new things not TRYING TO WIN i see people get furious when they to lose someone in tourney that they lost to in friendlies. its friendlies for a reason.

z00ted

um.........Smooms thingy was after sex saloon 2 And the tio file from hobo 26 is not wrong. I took a direct copy of the results from aib which is a direct copy from the tio file.
oh, my fault.

Regardless, $10 MM at the next fest / tournament or whatever?

I honestly was messing around, I didn't think you would bring it up and be like SDFljsdlfkjasoiwadfPSODIFoiadgjhasdf, you're good but not GREAT.

Edit: OHHHH Hobo 26, I was thinking HOBO 25. I totally forgot about Flip beating me at 26.

Yeah, we are 1-1 now.

STOP ****ING ARGUING LOL

btw friendlies= playing for fun or trying to learn new things not TRYING TO WIN i see people get furious when they to lose someone in tourney that they lost to in friendlies. its friendlies for a reason.
I'm not aruging with Xyro.
You can't argue with Xyro, because you already lost.

Xyro77

STOP ****ING ARGUING LOL

^that why people dont get better. they dont treat every match as a tourney match.

me and illmatic aint arguing about who is better(i use low tier, ROFL). Im simply syaing hes not as good at hes getting credit for. Hes losing to people that most of us lose to(trela/fliphop/gnes/razer/dphat/jnig/xyro...ect). He places so high cause he gets a **** load of easy matches in bracket(have tio files). Thats not to say he hasnt earned some his wins, he has beat broly and me and trela before. As i said, hes average not OMG AMAZING.

and yea a 10MM is fine, illmatic

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
oh, my fault.

Regardless, $10 MM at the next fest / tournament or whatever?

I honestly was messing around, I didn't think you would bring it up and be like SDFljsdlfkjasoiwadfPSODIFoiadgjhasdf, you're good but not GREAT.

Edit: OHHHH Hobo 26, I was thinking HOBO 25. I totally forgot about Flip beating me at 26.

Yeah, we are 1-1 now.

I'm not aruging with Xyro.
You can't argue with Xyro, because you already lost.
not aruGing

CANT ARGUE?

(SMIRKZKIES)

i meant like your opp might be playing for fun but you yourself should be playing to learn not playing to win. play to learn how to win.....

Dojo

Smash Champion
I'm just gonna say my thoughts about PJ's post. I agree with him wholeheartedly. But like alot of you have said alot of the time the top players won't play those friendlies. I've done it myself. :\ Mostly because I'm trying to completely focus for my next match but it's not a good excuse.

@Haptic:

Putting limitations on yourself like that isn't doing anything for you. You can all try to disregard what I say because I mained MK but I didn't have anybody helping me either.

All I got was hate from every player that didn't play MK and a rivalry with everybody that did. My best friends that I used to play with all got furious and upset. I didn't have "pro players" to train me. I didn't have **** to learn from. I lived 3+ hours away from any scene. I played with a legit Toon Link for the time and an Olimar/Ness that never got over the top well. (although I always thought they had the potential) I didn't have anybody telling me what I'm doing wrong. I did it on my own. If you want that **** bad enough and nobody is willing to help you, you'll do it yourself.

You sit there and figure out what the hell you're doing wrong. Every little detail. Challenge yourself to do better, react faster, live longer, play smarter. Every single thing counts. You think about how you can do something better. From go to game.

It takes more than a determination. It takes an obsession.

Ask Gnes. Ask Razer. They'll tell you the same.

Btw, if you don't do this because "it's just a game" or whatever then you won't get better. It all goes to how bad you want it. That goes for anything in life. 99% of the time you aren't given anything. If you want something you gotta take it.

Also not trying to call out Haptic. <3 Just dropping my 2 cents to everyone.

Xyro77

i just got my hands on TioPro and it needs to be tested so i can report back to its creator. if i were to throw a small cheap tournament this weekend at Monsters Arcade or something would anybody wanna go?

z00ted

me and illmatic aint arguing about who is better(i use low tier, ROFL). Im simply syaing hes not as good at hes getting credit for. Hes losing to people that most of us lose to(trela/fliphop/gnes/razer/dphat/jnig/xyro...ect). He places so high cause he gets a **** load of easy matches in bracket(have tio files). Thats not to say he hasnt earned some his wins, he has beat broly and me and trela before. As i said, hes average not OMG AMAZING.
I will admit that I used to (and still) get super easy brackets. (besides the most recent one).

But you can't say I'm losing to people that "everyone" loses to without giving me due credit to when I win against them. Like I said, I just started, I used to get three stocked by both Dphat and Jerm, now I can take them to last hit and lose or win - it can go either way. I have beaten Trela (which Jerm hasn't) who is probably as hard as a matchup for him (Lucario) as Toon Link is for me (Jerm) and I still beat Jerm.

Stating I'm average, is sorta ****ed up, lemme just call you an "average" Samus.

I've scared alot of great players recently (taken Dphat to last hit in our most recent set) which is Peach's hardest matchup, as well as Gnes' Metaknight to last hit game 3 after I self destructed at 0% my first stock. Considering how long I've been playing with you guys I don't think thats "average".

But whatever - I'm not going to bring up things "I didn't win" because I know it's one way or the other - close doesn't cut it for you.

I guess I'll have to step it up at Dallas and prove I'm not an "average" Peach, because obviously I haven't done so already in your eyes.

I'm really looking forward to that $10 MM now, ya wimp.

I'm just gonna say my thoughts about PJ's post. I agree with him wholeheartedly. But like alot of you have said alot of the time the top players won't play those friendlies. I've done it myself. :\ Mostly because I'm trying to completely focus for my next match but it's not a good excuse.

@Haptic:

Putting limitations on yourself like that isn't doing anything for you. You can all try to disregard what I say because I mained MK but I didn't have anybody helping me either.

All I got was hate from every player that didn't play MK and a rivalry with everybody that did. My best friends that I used to play with all got furious and upset. I didn't have "pro players" to train me. I didn't have **** to learn from. I lived 3+ hours away from any scene. I played with a legit Toon Link for the time and an Olimar/Ness that never got over the top well. (although I always thought they had the potential) I didn't have anybody telling me what I'm doing wrong. I did it on my own. If you want that **** bad enough and nobody is willing to help you, you'll do it yourself.

You sit there and figure out what the hell you're doing wrong. Every little detail. Challenge yourself to do better, react faster, live longer, play smarter. Every single thing counts. You think about how you can do something better. From go to game.

It takes more than a determination. It takes an obsession.

Ask Gnes. Ask Razer. They'll tell you the same.

Btw, if you don't do this because "it's just a game" or whatever then you won't get better. It all goes to how bad you want it. That goes for anything in life. 99% of the time you aren't given anything. If you want something you gotta take it.

Also not trying to call out Haptic. <3 Just dropping my 2 cents to everyone.
Summed up everything I was trying to get across.

i just got my hands on TioPro and it needs to be tested so i can report back to its creator. if i were to throw a small cheap tournament this weekend at Monsters Arcade or something would anybody wanna go?
I would, so I can take your money, but I would need a ride.

Xyro77

I will admit that I used to (and still) get super easy brackets. (besides the most recent one).

But you can't say I'm losing to people that "everyone" loses to without giving me due credit to when I win against them. Like I said, I just started, I used to get three stocked by both Dphat and Jerm, now I can take them to last hit and lose or win - it can go either way. I have beaten Trela (which Jerm hasn't) who is probably as hard as a matchup for him (Lucario) as Toon Link is for me (Jerm) and I still beat Jerm.

Stating I'm average, is sorta ****ed up, lemme just call you an "average" Samus.

I've scared alot of great players recently (taken Dphat to last hit in our most recent set) which is Peach's hardest matchup, as well as Gnes' Metaknight to last hit game 3 after I self destructed at 0% my first stock. Considering how long I've been playing with you guys I don't think thats "average".

But whatever - I'm not going to bring up things "I didn't win" because I know it's one way or the other - close doesn't cut it for you.

I guess I'll have to step it up at Dallas and prove I'm not an "average" Peach, because obviously I haven't done so already in your eyes.

I'm really looking forward to that $10 MM now, ya wimp.
I didnt say you are an average peach. Ive already said that i think you are at kosmos level or better. PLAYER wise you have not done anything that puts you on a gnes/trela/razer/royr level yet. Those guys are "great players" you/me/few others are "good players" and the rest are just "basic players." You admitting you have had easy brackets thus far only proves my point. Again, im not saying YOU or your character is bad.

As for the tourney, ill ask Monsters tomorrow and see if i can set up something for saturday.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Average Peach does not equal average player, if an amazing player has never mained Peach before. What Allan is saying and what you think he's saying are two different things.

z00ted

asdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfsdfasdfasdf^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

*sniff sniff* and you can't take it back either! it's already in my brain forever!

Xyro77

Average Peach does not equal average player, if an amazing player has never mained Peach before. What Allan is saying and what you think he's saying are two different things.
Jerm=GREAT player. Average peach.
Illmatic=average player. GREAT peach.

example^

edit: illmatic, how has what i said hurt you? it wasnt insulting. its fact. i still dont see "average peach=illmatic" anywhere

z00ted

average = Illmatic should never be used in the same sentence.

Now I'm super salty, I'm going to go sleep salty, and I'm going to wake up salty.

I'm going to be salty in school, and I'm going to be salty for the next two weeks.

Only a good placement at Dallas can cure my salt.

Xyro77

Geez, kids cant accept facts. They only wanna hear what they wanna hear or else they get upset.

Xyro77

those are opinions.

and I'm not upset, I just wanna play Brawl really bad now.

HOBO 25
Winners' bracket
Defeated SAB==free win
Defeated Broly==legit
Lost to Dphat=="great" player

Losers' bracket
Defeated Jon==OLIMAR(free win for peach)
Defeated RT==legit
Defeated TiffHop=="great player"
Lost to Razer =="great player"

Overall placing: 7/62

HOBO 26
Winners' bracket
Bye==free win
Defeated Omega2==free win
Defeated Denti==OLIMAR(free win for peach)
Lost to Razer =="great player"

Losers' bracket
Defeated Gunman==free win
Lost to Fliphop =="great player"

Overall placing: 7/43

HOBO 27
Winners' bracket
Bye==free win
Defeated Panty==legit
Lost to Lee=="great" player

Losers' bracket
Lost to RT==upset

Overall placing: 17/48

HOBO 28
Winners' bracket
Defeated Graf_nik==free win
Defeated Deva==free win
Lost to Ultimaterazer =="great" player

Losers' bracket
Defeated TheBoredOne==legit
Defeated Jon==OLIMAR(free win for peach)
Lost to Dphat=="great"

Overall placing: 9/64

So like i said at beginning. You lose to the same people we "good" players lose to and you get kinda lucky on brackets thus far. I left out the small fests that have 15 or less players because it still shows the same thing and im tired of giving out facts.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
illmatic, you've only beaten me in a 2$ MM and the only tournament "set" you won was at a FREE tournament where we decided to do 1 game decides all.

While ive beaten you every other time in tournament. Im not saying your bad or anything, just stop using me as one of your references, or I'll just stop playing you overall unless I have to.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Trela, Leaf and I are all motivated at the same time by Dojo and PJ's speech.
If you guys can't get something together for Monster's Arcade, I'll hold a fest on satuday(was planning to anyway).

PJ I'll hold something on Friday too.

Oh by the way, HOOTHOOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom