• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BioDG

Smash Ace
I'll have to see what I can do to make sure I can go (and if I can take Tesh), but I'm interested in Friday as well. I will need address though.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Would you be able to give me a ride?
Yeah, no problem.

I got 2 weeks to get pro with the GC controller. Can I do it?
Easily.
You know, something that helped me make the transition easier was set the buttons to do the same things my finger did on the other controller. For a while, L was special and some similar stuff just helped my fingers make the transition.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
^yes, what time do you want us to be there (for me - the earlier the better)

Leaf would you be able to take me to Sync's?

BioDG

Smash Ace
So how long do these smashfests usually go for? I got work till 4PM and was wondering if I should bother trying to show up to the saturday one after I get off.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm confused on the what, when and where parts. I think I understand the how.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
They last until people feel like they want to leave...usually around 10-11.

MJG

Smash Hero
I'm just gonna say my thoughts about PJ's post. I agree with him wholeheartedly. But like alot of you have said alot of the time the top players won't play those friendlies. I've done it myself. :\ Mostly because I'm trying to completely focus for my next match but it's not a good excuse.

@Haptic:

Putting limitations on yourself like that isn't doing anything for you. You can all try to disregard what I say because I mained MK but I didn't have anybody helping me either.

All I got was hate from every player that didn't play MK and a rivalry with everybody that did. My best friends that I used to play with all got furious and upset. I didn't have "pro players" to train me. I didn't have **** to learn from. I lived 3+ hours away from any scene. I played with a legit Toon Link for the time and an Olimar/Ness that never got over the top well. (although I always thought they had the potential) I didn't have anybody telling me what I'm doing wrong. I did it on my own. If you want that **** bad enough and nobody is willing to help you, you'll do it yourself.

You sit there and figure out what the hell you're doing wrong. Every little detail. Challenge yourself to do better, react faster, live longer, play smarter. Every single thing counts. You think about how you can do something better. From go to game.

It takes more than a determination. It takes an obsession.

Ask Gnes. Ask Razer. They'll tell you the same.

Btw, if you don't do this because "it's just a game" or whatever then you won't get better. It all goes to how bad you want it. That goes for anything in life. 99% of the time you aren't given anything. If you want something you gotta take it.

Also not trying to call out Haptic. <3 Just dropping my 2 cents to everyone.

I wish this whole post could be quoted :o

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
So no one answered my question a while back. Anyone have extra space in their hotel room during MLG Dallas that I could crash in, and if so, how much would I need to pay you for it? My housing I had planned fell through.

And yes, I still can't quit this game. So rest easy, Illmatic.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
I requested a fest on friday, sync agreed because i always have work saturday and people who play all the time get it moved to saturday thanks i just came back from a 100 man tourney razer=/.

In other news im at this party with 6 gay mexicans ....

BioDG

Smash Ace
I'm confused on the what, when and where parts. I think I understand the how.
Friday fest is at Smoom's (assuming he's still doing this) at...something o'clock. Saturday fest is at Sync's at noon.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Gnes, you JUST started or something?
Best shounen out there, no doubt.

@Jerm: Yes. Did you notice how ****ing huge Chopper's running point is now? Jeez.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
One Piece is amazing.

I would LOVE to direct a live action One Piece film.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Live action One Piece doesn't sound too appealing, honestly.
Though I'd kill to see a live action Nico Robin. Accurate down to the very last detail.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
You guys are nutz. I was the first straight Peach to ever walk on these boards. I was the first Peach to fight for this character and put people like vidjo on blast for saying Peach was bad in 08. Same with the other cry babies. I was the first Peach that debate with this character so hard I could write a book on this. I was the first Peach to get banned 500 times to a point I am SWF most wanted. I was the Peach that actually brought life, joy and entertainment to this place. I did not think at first that it woule be boring around here without me, but thinking about it really hard, I see it based on what others said and shown me.

Pretty much I am god and I created this world you post in today. And none of you wanna admit. I done so much and this is the thanks I get. It's cool. I'm use to it. You all smell. And you can all burn in hell.
lololololololol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom