• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
P-4 *****ed out and can't come. :(
Anyone else wanna show up and play?

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Illmatic, I slept in entirely too late today. I'm assuming you have people over at your house right now. I will be coming soon; do you still need set-ups?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Sorry Ill, sis had to use car. Just wait until this weekend...

z00ted

Haptic just come - we don't need setups.
Try to leave soon - I don't know how long you can stay I'm assuming 11 / 12 ish.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I accept a MODIFIED version of MLG rules. I took their stage list and their strike system ONLY but added my mk rules to it and left infinfites/GR on(cept for ddd cause he doesnt NEED it to do well).

This new stage list is GREAT for MK users/supporters(which the bbr is filled with). The new rules also have lots of stages that are CLEARLY not meant for competitiv play(the bbr allows people who do not play brawl to vote on EVERYTHING so no wonder those stages made it there). Trust me, i almost have as much hatred for the bbr as i do for MK. I do not like people who do not do whats right and people who form "buddy buddy" systems. The bbr is FILLED to the rim with that ****.
BBR is such a ****ing joke now. I'd be ashamed to have a purple title at this point. Also legit people like Chu, Ninjalink... you... aren't in it anymore. I know what happened to Inui too. BBR can just keep ignoring majority's opinion and continue to give MK rimjobs. BBR, give yourself a pat on the back for keep making a ****ty fighter even worse. GJ.

Go ahead and infract me, see if i care.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
BBR is such a ****ing joke now. I'd be ashamed to have a purple title at this point. Also legit people like Chu, Ninjalink... you... aren't in it anymore. I know what happened to Inui too. BBR can just keep ignoring majority's opinion and continue to give MK rimjobs. BBR, give yourself a pat on the back for keep making a ****ty fighter even worse. GJ.
I love these reactions because:

1) The stage list, with the exception of slightly altered Starter Stages, is almost exactly the same.

2) BBR never supported a LGL, nor did the BBR rule set ever include any information of Ganon sideB suicides. It only ever mentioned Bowser. Ever. For some reason, people are really up in arms about this (lack of) change NOW, rather than sooner.

So tell me, SNO, what exactly is it that irks you about this new rule set? It can't be the stage list, it's practically the same.

It can't be the LGL, because that was something that caught on from tournament to tournament. It was never added into the BBR Rule Set.

Could it be something as irrelevant as the sideB Bowser ruling being removed?

Again, what is it exactly?

If all people do is flame and flame without giving us concrete, reasonable arguments as to why they are upset at this new rule set, how is the BBR suppose to react, learn, and improve?

I honestly didn't expect you to jump on the hate bandwagon, and that upsets me.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
It's the stage set. The minor additions can have a major impact. Luigi's mansion </3 i thought we were over that. Also I'm pro-ban for MK now. =/

Smoom77

Smash Master
I'm a bit upset about Luigi's Mansion too, but Ill wait to be mad about it until I get counterpicked on it.

And will we get a better explanation of why FD is in the last group of starters?

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
honestly, I should be happy about Luigi's mansion because now people will be kinda ****ed if i chose to CP them with Lucas. If they ban Luigi's Mansion, I can just take them to Brinstar.

D-smash all day.... steal my win. Yay.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's the stage set. The minor additions can have a major impact. Luigi's mansion </3 i thought we were over that. Also I'm pro-ban for MK now. =/
Luigi's Mansion is an addition?

Ruleset 2.0]Starter Battlefield Final Destination Smashville Yoshi's Island Starter/Counter Castle Siege Halberd Lylat Cruise Pokémon Stadium 1 Counter Brinstar Delfino (moved from S/C) Frigate Orpheon Jungle Japes Pictochat Pirate Ship Pokémon Stadium 2 Rainbow Cruise Counter/Banned Distant Planet (moved from C) Green Greens [B][COLOR="Yellow said:
Luigi's Mansion (moved from C)[/COLOR][/B]
Port Town Aero Dive
Yoshi's Island (Pipes) (moved from C)
Norfair (moved from C)

Banned
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Corneria (moved from C)
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone (moved from C)
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mario Circuit (moved from C/B)
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Onett (moved from C/B)
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Skyworld (moved from C/B)
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware
Ruleset 3.0 said:
Starter/Counter

* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Island
* Smashville

* Lylat Cruise
* Pokémon Stadium

* Final Destination
* Castle Siege

* Delfino Plaza
* Halberd

Counterpick

* Luigi's Mansion
* Norfair
* Frigate Orpheon
* Pokémon Stadium 2
* Port Town Aero Dive
* Distant Planet
* Pictochat
* Jungle Japes
* Rainbow Cruise
* Green Greens
* Brinstar

Counter/Banned

* Yoshi's Island (Melee)
* Pirate Ship

Banned

* Mushroomy Kingdom 1
* Mushroomy Kingdom 2
* Mario Circuit
* Rumble Falls
* Bridge of Eldin
* Spear Pillar
* Wario Ware
* New Pork City
* Summit
* Skyworld
* 75m
* Mario Bros.
* Flat Zone 2
* Hanenbow
* Shadow Moses Island
* Green Hill Zone
* Temple
* Onett
* Corneria
* Big Blue
It's always been considered for counterpick, even back in 2.0.
It's not an addition. It's just a slight wording change.

Again, people are getting mad at absolutely nothing, since very little has even changed concerning stage lists.

And will we get a better explanation of why FD is in the last group of starters?
I'm pretty sure that someone is working on write ups. Hopefully they will be available as they are completed.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
also lol @ yoshi's island

really now? Why? Why why why why why?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Which Yoshi's Island?
Brawl or Melee?

Or are you just fishing for things to be upset about to justify the flaming?

If you're talking about YI: Melee, it's in the same place that it was on both rule sets as well.
If you're talking about YI: Brawl, what's the problem?

The only change is that if someone wanted to run a 3-starter tournament, YI:B would be included if they were using the 3.0 format, while the 2.0 format didn't necessarily have it included or not for 3-stage sets. It was dynamic in TO choice (if they chose 3-starters) back in 2.0. Now, following 3.0, it's the second stage. Beyond that 3-starter format, it's exactly the same as the 2.0 ruleset.

Is that seriously something to flame about?

Again, you have said nothing about why it upsets you. Instead, you just keep posting pretty much nothing beyond how distasteful it is for you (without reasoning, of course).

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
oh lol read it wrong. Thank god Melee is where it was. XD I dislike Luigi's Mansion Green Greens, Pictochat (I've seen some very bad things happen there lol) Pokemon Stadium 2, and I feel overall the stages are just going to give MK an even bigger advantage.

I disagree with what a few of the "competive stages" are. I'm not attacking you, im just disappointed with the stage list. Stop getting so defensive. Why do I need to provide reasonings if you play the game more than I do? You already know what kind of nonsense goes on with the new stages.

edit: i will give you one example since i recently saw this

look at this green green thing i will give you this example:

skip to last match. Death at 17% from a toon link's d-smash. Yeah...

10:17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e56BA79s4kI

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's your opinion, true, but it also makes me feel insulted. The BBR put a lot of their own time and effort into making this updated rule set. You can see why I'd get a little defensive, especially with the harsh remarks you yourself said.

Fair enough either way though, I guess it'll just be dropped.

Also, lol @ that video. Esca could've easily avoided that situation. It's his fault entirely for falling for that trick.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
It's your opinion, true, but it also makes me feel insulted in the hard work the BBR as a whole put into making this updated rule set. You can see why I'd get a little defensive, especially with the harsh remarks you yourself said.

Fair enough either way though, I guess it'll just be dropped.

Also, lol @ that video. Esca could've easily avoided that situation. It's his fault entirely for falling for that trick.
come on Espy, you know I <3 you, I even complimented you on making it into the backroom. Unless you were soley responsible for the stages, it wasnt directed at you at all. I could of worded it better so I apologize if I came off harsh (I'm notorious for doing that on the internet :urg:) I'm looking forward to meeting you at Dallas! Maybe we can hang out and play some old school Sonic games, it will be great!

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
oh lol read it wrong. Thank god melee is where it was. Xd i dislike luigi's mansion green greens, pictochat (i've seen some very bad things happen there lol) pokemon stadium 2, and i feel overall the stages are just going to give mk an even bigger advantage.

I disagree with what a few of the "competive stages" are. I'm not attacking you, im just disappointed with the stage list. Stop getting so defensive. Why do i need to provide reasonings if you play the game more than i do? You already know what kind of nonsense goes on with the new stages.

Edit: I will give you one example since i recently saw this

look at this green green thing i will give you this example:

Skip to last match. Death at 17% from a toon link's d-smash. Yeah...

10:17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e56ba79s4ki
loL UMM HMMM OHOHOHO
so IVE decided!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if p4 wants have this at his house(its bigger and better) then lets go if not its to my apartment

/bring set ups guys lol
S

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I love these reactions because:

1) The stage list, with the exception of slightly altered Starter Stages, is almost exactly the same.

2) BBR never supported a LGL, nor did the BBR rule set ever include any information of Ganon sideB suicides. It only ever mentioned Bowser. Ever. For some reason, people are really up in arms about this (lack of) change NOW, rather than sooner.

So tell me, SNO, what exactly is it that irks you about this new rule set? It can't be the stage list, it's practically the same.

It can't be the LGL, because that was something that caught on from tournament to tournament. It was never added into the BBR Rule Set.

Could it be something as irrelevant as the sideB Bowser ruling being removed?

Again, what is it exactly?

If all people do is flame and flame without giving us concrete, reasonable arguments as to why they are upset at this new rule set, how is the BBR suppose to react, learn, and improve?

I honestly didn't expect you to jump on the hate bandwagon, and that upsets me.

EVERYBODY who *****es about bbr is justified in every way. Back when we had the mk debate the pro-ban side literally proved the anti-ban side wrong with numbers/charts/graphs and of course results(go back and look for it in the bbr, if they didnt delete it like they did last time so new members wouldnt see how bad it is there). 4 public polls wanted him baned as well as one bbr poll and STILL nothing was done. The bbr admin literally ignored the FACTS and STILL allowed mk to be legal because THEY wanted mk legal.

The bbr ALLOWS people who DO NOT play smash to vote on polls that can literally change the way we play this game. Frome stages to tier list to rules....they allow people like GAME CLUCKS to vote. He literally said he doesnt know ANYHTHING about smash but wants mk legal cause its better for business.........

This is all 100% true. I was there and read it ALL. Things have NOT changed. They STILL do not do whats best for the public and they STILL ignore our requests. They STILL favor mk.

z00ted

So I may pick up Diddy Kong after my long perilous journey to prove I'm the best Peach guys.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
And another player turns to top tier.

Dun dun dunnnnnnnnn.

Yeah, it seems like the BBR has people that really REALLY shouldn't be in it...

z00ted

I'm not switching just yet - after I place higher and more with Peach and eventually get bored of her.

Diddy is just extremely fun / dumb and he's the next best thing imo that isn't Snake or Metaknight (both who I can't play with and think are broken). Zori and I just had probably some of the best friendlies recorded to date.

z00ted

you make me real sad. You went from cool(peach) to fool(diddy). Earn the "best peach in the usa" title first.
Nothing is confirmed yet - and Diddy is cool too :(

Have you ever completed a level in Diddy Kong Country 2?
He just sorta fits my playstyle and he's super stupid (without being broken).
Zori and I played three matches to our second stock and ran out the clock. LOL

Xyro77

Its just makes me sad you would drop a REAL character that takes skill and replace her with a character like diddy. really makes me sad.

z00ted

Alright, I won't do it then.
Not worth it if I don't get respect from Xyro.

10truetalk

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
That was lots of fun tonight, Ill. Thanks for having me and Zori over; too bad more people didn't show up. I will get some more practice in with my Peach and see everyone at Shadow's.

Also, you seem to have a decent Diddy, but I hope you stick with Peach. I'm jealous of your Green Lesbian title, and therefore your association with the true Green Lesbian.

z00ted

Glad you got home safely and enjoyed the cookies and Papa John's pizza yum yum.
My friend Travis was there earlier but left like right before you showed up lol.

Ya I'm going to stick with Peach lol.

not anymore. the times he does its mk or melee. i honestly dont know who the best peach is any more. i just know your the best one in this region.
Sucks Kosmos doesn't play anymore. Excel Zero was good for his time (like a year ago) - but he has currently picked up Metaknight / doesn't really play too often anymore soo :/. Also King Beef and Kyon impress me - it's just that my playstyle is really different from all the other Peach player - mainly why I can't relate to them.

I'm just really excited for MLG Dallas. Thats when **** will go down.

Xyro77

just keep doing what you are doing/beat the **** out of people who you aint supposed to beat and you will gain the title. im still impressed you beat trela. thats AWESOME that a mid tier did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom