• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
it will be.

ALL the games are free to enter iirc. quake/doom/ssf4/brawl and a few more i think. it will be in a WHOBO type hotel and stuff too so it will be a NICE venue. Last year and the year before, over 7000 people attended quake con. If just 2% of the total turnout joins brawl 1vs1 thats 140 players!!!!!! And since its free AND you have a chance at winning money, 2% seems EASY to get imo.
Which is one reason I'd like to go lol

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Sorry I have been absent of late, everyone. I don't think I've been on Smashboards since P4's last gig, so I wasn't even aware of Illmatic's shindig. After P4's, I started playing Guild Wars again, and when I play an MMO, I really get into it. I'm actually checking this forum as I take a break from it.

I will try to make it to Shadow's, and also possibly Quake Con. Hup-chaa!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
can anybody make me a banner for the HOBO series? Like get a picture of a true hobo and add the word HOBO SERIES to it or something. Make it colorful and awesome.

Whoever makes me a GOOD(im talkin like EXPERT ****) banner gets into hobo for FREE for LIFE.

EDIT: Can some one edit the picture below?

Can anybody edit the cardboard box and have it say "Go to HOBO"

Then look below and you will see the word "Hobo" please capitalize the WHOLE WORD

The part that says "they always need cash for karate lesson" could you erase it and say "Go To HOBO "

or pretty much do w/e you want but make a pic/banner for the HOBO SERIES. PLEASE!

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
can anybody make me a banner for the HOBO series? Like get a picture of a true hobo and add the word HOBO SERIES to it or something. Make it colorful and awesome.

Whoever makes me a GOOD(im talkin like EXPERT ****) banner gets into hobo for FREE for LIFE.
Just find a true hobo and get him to hold a cardboard sign that says that. Pay him a dollar or two, he will do it trust me.

Sync.

Smash Champion

Then look below and you will see the word "Hobo" please capitalize the WHOLE WORD

The part that says "they always need cash for karate lesson" could you erase it and say "Go To HOBO "

or pretty much do w/e you want but make a pic/banner for the HOBO SERIES. PLEASE!
I got this Xyro I'll give it to you today!

Player-4

See you in 25 years
A great anime.
Yes it was

You watched another gaynime.

go to quake con.
Calm down

And here you thought FLCL would be weirder.

At least now you understand.
No, FLCL is still ****ing weird.

I got you dog

P4, you watched nonsense.
Utter nonsense, and an atrocity to anime-kind.
Get out

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Yo, I'm back and unbanned!!!

Does anybody here have Starcraft 2 yet? If so, be sure to add me so we can play against eachother my bnet is kingdomcome00@live.com

BTW, Since nobody cares I'm not gonna tell y'all I'm likely dropping out of High School.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Espy has lost some respect from me.

Thats why sonic doesnt have good games anymore =x .. cept sonic rush

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Yo dawg i heard you like smoom, so i put a smoom in your smoom so u can smoom while u smoom

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Brawl Back Room (1 Viewing)
A private forum for respected and knowledgeable tournament organizers and players to discuss competitive Brawl. Admission is by invitation only. Only the best and brightest.

Only the best and brightest.
Only the best and brightest.Only the best and brightest.
Only the best and brightest.Only the best and brightest.Only the best and brightest.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
A private forum for respected and knowledgeable tournament organizers and players to discuss competitive Brawl. Admission is by invitation only. Only the best and brightest.

Only the best and brightest.Only the best and brightest.Only the best and brightest.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
I'm not sure about all of the CP list, but I must say that I really like the new Neutral stage list.

Allan, that Inception meme is the funniest thing I've seen on the internet in a looong time.

Lastly, @Illmatic: do you want to brawl today (Wednesday)?

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I'm not sure about all of the CP list, but I must say that I really like the new Neutral stage list.

Allan, that Inception meme is the funniest thing I've seen on the internet in a looong time.

Lastly, @Illmatic: do you want to brawl today (Wednesday)?

TheJerm

Smash Champion

I skipped class and don't want to go back home cause my mom is gonna say blah blah. So I'm stranded in the mean streets of Houston

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I hope you guys saw how utterly ******** and MK favored these rules now are. Not only are the stages HEAVILY in his favor, but these new rules now **** over ****ty character for no ****ing reason. I main MK, but these new rules disgust me and make me wonder what is wrong with the SBR.

Allan, I don't think that you will follow these rules because I know how you hate helping MK and I do agree with ALL of your current rules, except for letting other characters plank like Pit and GW (but that's another argument for another time). If you do accept these new rules, I'm almost certain I'll quit going to Hobos.

I seriously do not understand what the SBR was thinking when they gave out these CP stages with the following rules as well. I feel like we're back in '08.

So here's a quick look at the mega dumb rules from the new rule set:

"Except as noted in the definition of stalling, the BBR is opposed to the banning or restriction of any character's infinites."

"The Bowser suicide klaw rule present in the SBR Ruleset 2.0 has been removed.

The BBR now recommends that the game's verdict should always be honored; a victory screen should decide the winner. Any Sudden Death (excluding time-outs) should be treated as a tie; which are resolved with a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch."

"The BBR is opposed to the institution of a Ledge Grab Limit of any number (for any character) for use in determining the winner of a match by time out."

The fact that I can now legally plank you with MK is beyond amazing (in a bad way).

Now D3 can standing infinite DK and the 5-6 (I'm not sure of everyone he infinites on) characters. Not to mention the GR Marth has on Lucas and Ness takes ZERO skill to pull off, yet it's legal because "it does take skill" to pull off.

The fact that Ganon and Bowser had one unique aspect that took their mega ****tyness to just ****tyness, is now gone. Sure, Ganon has no saving grace, but at least Bowser's Koopa Klaw was viable, and took skill to pull off. I mean if D3 and Marth can standing infinite characters, why can't BOWSER be allowed to use what his move is for? It's not even broken, nor is it stealing wins.

I just cannot accept these rules, and do not understand what the SBR was thinking.

So Allan I beg you not to use this new rule set, but if you do want too, at least just use their new stage list and don't go any further, because that stage list is bad enough.

There is no tl;dr for this post. Just read what I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom