• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Weegees mansion and port town shouldn't be allowed, please don't use those either xyro.

You can't plank on port town xyro :p

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I hope you guys saw how utterly ******** and MK favored these rules now are. Not only are the stages HEAVILY in his favor, but these new rules now **** over ****ty character for no ****ing reason. I main MK, but these new rules disgust me and make me wonder what is wrong with the SBR.

Allan, I don't think that you will follow these rules because I know how you hate helping MK and I do agree with ALL of your current rules, except for letting other characters plank like Pit and GW (but that's another argument for another time). If you do accept these new rules, I'm almost certain I'll quit going to Hobos.

I seriously do not understand what the SBR was thinking when they gave out these CP stages with the following rules as well. I feel like we're back in '08.

So here's a quick look at the mega dumb rules from the new rule set:

"Except as noted in the definition of stalling, the BBR is opposed to the banning or restriction of any character's infinites."

"The Bowser suicide klaw rule present in the SBR Ruleset 2.0 has been removed.

The BBR now recommends that the game's verdict should always be honored; a victory screen should decide the winner. Any Sudden Death (excluding time-outs) should be treated as a tie; which are resolved with a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch."

"The BBR is opposed to the institution of a Ledge Grab Limit of any number (for any character) for use in determining the winner of a match by time out."

The fact that I can now legally plank you with MK is beyond amazing (in a bad way).

Now D3 can standing infinite DK and the 5-6 (I'm not sure of everyone he infinites on) characters. Not to mention the GR Marth has on Lucas and Ness takes ZERO skill to pull off, yet it's legal because "it does take skill" to pull off.

The fact that Ganon and Bowser had one unique aspect that took their mega ****tyness to just ****tyness, is now gone. Sure, Ganon has no saving grace, but at least Bowser's Koopa Klaw was viable, and took skill to pull off. I mean if D3 and Marth can standing infinite characters, why can't BOWSER be allowed to use what his move is for? It's not even broken, nor is it stealing wins.

I just cannot accept these rules, and do not understand what the SBR was thinking.

So Allan I beg you not to use this new rule set, but if you do want too, at least just use their new stage list and don't go any further, because that stage list is bad enough.

There is no tl;dr for this post. Just read what I said.
Weegees mansion and port town shouldn't be allowed, please don't use those either xyro.

You can't plank on port town xyro :p

When was the last time i listened to the sbr? When was the last time i used rules i DIDNT like? NEVER!!!!! The only change i may make is adding port town to the stage list and thats a MAYBE. other than that, we keep my same rule-set.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
When was the last time i listened to the sbr? When was the last time i used rules i DIDNT like? NEVER!!!!! The only change i may make is adding port town to the stage list and thats a MAYBE. other than that, we keep my same rule-set.
Well, you accepted MLG's rules even though you didn't like them, so I just had to make sure, but thank you.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Yay, that means I don't have to worry about Dededes infiniting me. I don't care if I could just use D3 and infinite other people, it's still stupid and is something he really doesn't need to have.

On an unrelated note. Almost all anime sucks and most of the new Sonic games are great. Sonic Rush sucked however. /controversy stirup

:059:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Well, you accepted MLG's rules even though you didn't like them, so I just had to make sure, but thank you.
I accept a MODIFIED version of MLG rules. I took their stage list and their strike system ONLY but added my mk rules to it and left infinfites/GR on(cept for ddd cause he doesnt NEED it to do well).

This new stage list is GREAT for MK users/supporters(which the bbr is filled with). The new rules also have lots of stages that are CLEARLY not meant for competitiv play(the bbr allows people who do not play brawl to vote on EVERYTHING so no wonder those stages made it there). Trust me, i almost have as much hatred for the bbr as i do for MK. I do not like people who do not do whats right and people who form "buddy buddy" systems. The bbr is FILLED to the rim with that ****.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I just think part of the BBR lacks common sense if anything. Oh well...

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I'm not sure about all of the CP list, but I must say that I really like the new Neutral stage list.

Allan, that Inception meme is the funniest thing I've seen on the internet in a looong time.

Lastly, @Illmatic: do you want to brawl today (Wednesday)?
Are you talking about offline or online?

I'm not sure about all of the CP list, but I must say that I really like the new Neutral stage list.

Allan, that Inception meme is the funniest thing I've seen on the internet in a looong time.

Lastly, @Illmatic: do you want to brawl today (Wednesday)?

Offline or online? $5 MM? ^^

any smash going on today ;-;?
I'm pretty sure like five people could come over to my house today if they wanted...

Anyone wanna come?

Sync.

Smash Champion
I'm with you guys the BBR is filled with BS. I'm so glad you run HOBOs Xyro or else the whole tournament will be gay planking MKs.

Another thing: will this ruleset effect tier placing? If it doese Bowser will be low again. I think Ness will be low again too.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well, the tier list hasn't changed, so..

z00ted

when? This Saturday?
I'm either way - your tournament or P-4's.
More people could show up.. there is still alot of time.

My tournament had like 3 days of preparation. lol

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
when? This Saturday?

IDK lol ill host one if you guys want or we could go to p4s you guys decide. sitting at home watching apex will make me want to play smash lol.

z00ted

Just have it at your house.
A venue change would be nice. I don't see why anyone else wouldnt want to come.

Shadow wanna come over today with Zori?

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
I just think part of the BBR lacks common sense if anything. Oh well...
There are people who are very intelligent and knowledgeable, yet have no common sense.

There are people with common sense, yet know almost nothing.

Then there are the few exceptions such as myself.

BTW I'm really contemplating dropping out for a year.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Please choose one place so people won't have to be divided. :)

z00ted

Alright if anyone wants to come over and play Brawl today.
3619 Havenmoor Place, Katy TX - 77449
Leave at 3:40 PM.
Bring a Setup.
I dont need a TV.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Sounds good PJ. I'll bring laptop for stuff, blah blah blah...assuming I can go.

Also, good luck to everyone from Houston that is going to Apex! No matter what happens, be positive. :)

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Listen to Wale's new Mixtape!!!

More About Nothing....

That is the ****, and it's about nothing, yet has sooooooo much substance and wordplay it's incredible.

Wait, I forgot everybody here is white.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You guys DO realize that the stage list almost didn't change at all from the second set of rules, right?

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Anyone else wanna play Brawl at my house today?
I'm down to play

when? This Saturday?

No, I'm not doing anything

IDK lol ill host one if you guys want or we could go to p4s you guys decide. sitting at home watching apex will make me want to play smash lol.
Where the **** did you get the idea I'm doing something on Saturday, stop saying I am >_>

My name is Pee For and Im trash. =]
Jerm you ******

z00ted

P-4 come over around 4ish.
:D

can you bring your wii / a disc?
I have T.Vs

z00ted

yah bring cables lol.
its 3619 Havenmoor Place Katy Texas 77449