• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I just read the entire "History of Houston Smash" by Allan Sims and I have to say its excellent.
The satire? Flawless.
The wit? Superb.
The pooping of the pants? Genius.

Therefore I am endowing a 10/10 rating for this masterpiece.

Please Sir Allan Sims don't leave us with a cliffhanger - finish this fine work of art.
whahahahahahahahahahahahahahah i might.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Guys I'm gonna put on a free tourney today, so if you wanna bump up your points for the TX Tier List then COME! I know 3rd worst in TX ain't cuttin it for me, frankly that's BS but I'm not gonna make a big deal out of it. SO if you want to increase your spot, then come over today :)

Gnes

Smash Master
Guys I'm gonna put on a free tourney today, so if you wanna bump up your points for the TX Tier List then COME! I know 3rd worst in TX ain't cuttin it for me, frankly that's BS but I'm not gonna make a big deal out of it. SO if you want to increase your spot, then come over today :)
It doesnt work like that. Attendence has to be at least 20, and free tourneys dont count.

heytallman

CTALL
**** you guys lookin' REAL desperate for going up on a pointless tier list.
This.

My new purple shoes
Been amazin' the people next door.
And my rock 'n roll 45's
Been enragin' the folks on the lower floor.

Aww just gimme a good guitar,
And you could say that my hair's a disgrace.
Aww, just find me an open car,
I'll make the speed of light out of this place.

Legit song^^^^

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Even if small events count, they probably won't have as much value as say HOBOs or Phases. Remember how Smashboards rankings counted one of those tourneys at P4's house? Yeah...if that tourney had as much value as say Apex or Genesis, there's a problem...

Anyways, I'll bring my recording setup...record some vids and get them online so everyone can go over their stuff during this "Play to learn" day.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
These things usually don't end until like 10-11ish. You should come!

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Man what happened to those PnT tournaments? I thought that was supposed to help with the whole tier list thing?

But, yeah P4 if you woulda said something over I woulda gotten a crew to play. I wanna advance in those rankings as well. I mean now I WANT to play Brawl competitively I did it just for the fun but now I WANT to learn **** to win first.

So next time your have a tourny please notify at least me earlier than this. Especially if it's free lol.

BTW, if I were to hold a smashfest down here in Spring how many would come? I probably asked this before but, I am real curious. I just might go through with one.

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
The fest was fun :D.
I enjoyed playing against all of you guys.
Dissapointed I lost to Xyro like that though. I HAVE to work on playing the game slower I guess, even though I don't really like playing that way, watching Trela, Ozz, and Jerm in Finals opened my eyes, maybe I don't like this game as much as I thought I did.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
What happened in Finals? Was it a campfest like I'm assuming based off of Ill's post?

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
They were definitely good matches it's just....wow. lol
I love Ozz's playstyle.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Reminds me of the Melee days.
I wish Jigglypuff still instilled fear into the hearts of men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom