• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
The fest was fun :D.
I enjoyed playing against all of you guys.
Dissapointed I lost to Xyro like that though. I HAVE to work on playing the game slower I guess, even though I don't really like playing that way, watching Trela, Ozz, and Jerm in Finals opened my eyes, maybe I don't like this game as much as I thought I did.
You and Alpha have this issue with going all mega aggro when you play. Thats fine on certain characters like ganon or w/e(cause they cant react to your speed) but against US its not gonna work well. You are still the best peach in tx just keep playing with us and u will get MUCH better.

RT, would u send me the tio file for yesterdays tourney(P4's Pee Hole)? Im getting vids up of the P4PH and HOBO 26 right now

Smoom77

Smash Master
I like OzzTrela more cause I like to watch to see what I think they'll do in comparison to what they actually do. They both just look extremely smart when they play.

Gnes

Smash Master
Tbh Flip vs. Trela was much more entertaining :)
Thats because flip is mega aggro. Your still in that phase to where u think playing anything but aggro is boring and not fun. U just gotta open your mind a bit.

Like me and lee martin have fun camping ya know, its like playing tag with your best friend in elementary school.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Fliphop Vs. Lee Martin Hobo 12. Amazing Set. DI VS NO DI. So much hype.. Sigh. Lets go back to Nov 2008 days.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Even though I wasn't there I know how amazing it was, Flip's imagery while I close my eyes is too good.

z00ted

Jerm thanks for all the tips yesterday.
If I want to get better I'm going to start having to listen to ALOT more of them.

z00ted

It depends Xyro, I already told Jerm I would team with him if Jerm still wants to team with me than I cant, otherwise sure lets team :D

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Im just waiting for mjg to confirm if he's going or not. Since we already planned on teaming when he comes to hobo.

z00ted

Peach/Pit or MK is too good... hmmmm. I don't even understand what Jerm meant in his last post.

z00ted

Oh yah, duh Ensis haha, alright Esca we'll team next HOBO, is it going to have mid tier 2v2?

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
First off seeing new people not only at tournaments but at the fest has been very refreshing, it's just what we needed. Also we acquired a new 13 year old metaknight main (illmatics brother), so I hope he becomes south version of Nair0.
It was good to see people actually trying in the tournament, so this new PR is really good as well.
Playing Jerm in loser's finals was definetly the most stressful set I've ever played, with each match going to like 1-3 minutes left. I just felt like forfeitting after the first match cause I knew how it'd turn out. I was also aware that we were basically showcasing the games gayness to the new people, so I felt really bad for that as well.
The sets with Trela were fun, he won 3-0 in WF, I won 3-1 in GF, and then he took the final set 3-1. So at least i'll get some cool points for beating him. I can definetly say Trela has one of the best mindsets for smash, and I need to work on my own if I wanna beat him.
I went marth once each against trela and jerm, and failedd. oh well.

Time to help out my brethren:
Trela: it seems sometimes you can get predictable with your patterns, usually I had a big lead on you. Sometimes you would just throw out things with no mind to what I was doing :p, so I guess, play more reactive.. That's all I have though.
Jerm: You've gotten campier than Hyro :p, the thing is that he knows how to aggro safely vs Falco. While camping me did work, I think you can do much better if you play a more smart aggro style. I feel like you leave me a lot of room when we play, all I have to do is PS your stuff.
Xyro: I think you just need to be a little more patient and you'll be fine.
Illmatic: I didn't get to play you or watch you much :(. Next time.
Kaden: Just need more experience. Keep attending stuff with your bro.
Alpha: Play more reactive and safe rather than aggro/reckless. Your a smart player though.
P4: You seem to choke/play predictable under pressure. We all do, but its the only thing I can remember from our set. Simply playing in more tournament sets will help you.
RT: You played well yesterday, but there were a lot of times where you punished things wrong. You probably know how to punish them, but just didn't.
Gamma: Didnt play or watch
Leaf: Didnt play or watch
Omega: I only played you in MK vs rob, and I was pretty much just up airing you after you did an aerial, so I dunno how to help. That matchup is a pain for rob. Camp more? lol

Also I talked to Ran till like 5am last night lol....if you want to see the convo my aim is right there. Dunno it if will help you guys out but definitely opened my eyes to some smash things.

Illmatic, you look like you know what you're doing. I think we got this. Team with me
LOL STFU, quit brawl and get to RFC, run my ***

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
41%...makes sense. But good luck keeping that against a SNAKE. Assuming it is fresh with the non-stale bonus.

Next tourney...need to CP with Marth, for sure.

Esca

Smash Champion
Oh yah, duh Ensis haha, alright Esca we'll team next HOBO, is it going to have mid tier 2v2?
Dude, if it has mid tier 2v2 we can do that also. I mean we're gonna be broken. I'm just gonna enter doubles for money from now on. Pit isn't a top 3 char so there's no way I'm going to place in the money in singles.

LOL STFU, quit brawl and get to RFC, run my ***
I WILL.
Guess again ***hole!!!!!!!!!

Trela and I were just testing out his max aura this morning.
I hope Trela was the one who was testing the DI with Snake, because everyone and their mother knows that you have the worst DI this side of the UNIVERSE.

P4 DI GREATLY EXCEEDS beaumont DI :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Smoom...I might take you up on that offer...we'll see...

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
I'll...probably be there.
Nah, I really shouldn't, but it's SMASH. I have to miss today. If my APEX trip wasn't depending on what I do today, I would be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom