• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Where did you find this?

Also, you programmed Smoom to be a quitter? What a terrible robot, you will lose money in sales.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Mmm, I'm loving all those laggy TVs. And it's after Hobo? A good date indeed!

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Oh btw. This is pretty much close to my house. If this the monstersarcade that is on Veterans Memorial in NW houston. That is literally like 4 minutes away. I might have to talk to the owners to see whats up with the tourney scene. But hell HD tvs.. shieet.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Just like playing online....maybe their TVs have game mode.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
And then, even though the tourney is in person, connect the Wiis to each other through the Internet for all matches, especially doubles. LAG OVERLOAD!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
There actually isn't any lag, and even if there is, it's pretty much negligible. It's just heavier than a normal controller and somewhat bulkier. Plus, if you mix up channels with someone else, their could be interference, backseat playing, etc. And let's not forget battery johns.

And if you lose the receiver...well, your controller becomes useless. It makes a nice paperweight though.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
And then, even though the tourney is in person, connect the Wiis to each other through the Internet for all matches, especially doubles. LAG OVERLOAD!
I did that once just to see how it worked. There was a hefty amount of lag despite the Wii's using the same connection, and being within like, several inches from each other.

Oh, and your little bit about wavebirds applies to wiimote users too.
Your nunchuk/classic controller are useless without the initial Wii remote. Battery johns, blah blah.

You'd have to be pretty elaborate to get that backseat playing one working, though.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I hate playing on laggy T.V's. But playing on a laggy TV with a laggy controller is just funny :).

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I did that once just to see how it worked. There was a hefty amount of lag despite the Wii's using the same connection, and being within like, several inches from each other.

You'd have to be pretty elaborate to get that backseat playing one working, though.
Don't worry, if the trend continues, the next smash game will be slower and will play just as slow.

Also, it's elaborate, but if people were crazy enough, they could pull it off. There's no rule about it, durhurhurhurhur. <_<

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
*rebirth of C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!*

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
please read my recent post in the hobo 23 thread. its VERY important and all of you must understand it fully.

Zori

Smash Champion
sorry some girl in my class said her brother 'hosted' smash tounaments in clear lake and your the only other clear lake smasher i know ;-; oh well......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom