• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

Jake13

Smash Lord
lol that'd be awesome.

i say all the melee players should meet up at a separate place like an hour before the tourney (possibly a restaurant so i can get my grub on :D cuz i never eat all day at these things) then if we get enough people at the food shindig we can go tourney it up.

if not we can just go smash somewhere else.

world class idea? i think so.

tyvm

Pawls to the Wall

Smash Journeyman
lol that'd be awesome.

i say all the melee players should meet up at a separate place like an hour before the tourney (possibly a restaurant so i can get my grub on :D cuz i never eat all day at these things) then if we get enough people at the food shindig we can go tourney it up.

if not we can just go smash somewhere else.

world class idea? i think so.

tyvm
Oh ****, I think you just revolutionized the melee community. We should hit up a chinese buffet.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Then we can visit my family ^_^

I hate eating before these things. It always makes me go to the restroom lololol oh wait I do that anyway xD I love how I'm always missing for my first match because I'm in the restroom lol

I wouldn't mind it though as long as we go out to eat afterward since that's more fun =P

dilling

Smash Apprentice
I'm game. I'll see if I can get Blitz to go. Unlikely, but it's worth a shot. Just give me an address of the restaurant. Also, Luciano and Ankur live like 10 minutes from the funplex, so I should be able to convince at least one of them. We'll see about Chris too.

Jake13

Smash Lord
screw nice restaurants we're from houston.

i was thinking the Sonic @Eldrige between synott and westheimer by the Target. chyeah

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
screw nice restaurants we're from houston.

i was thinking the Sonic @Eldrige between synott and westheimer by the Target. chyeah
And while you at sonics bring me a cherry limeade happy hour. 1$ pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:chuckle:

Edit: Just want to say my offer still stands. Whoever beats lee martin out of the tournament will get 25$. LETS GO!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
i just want to point out that lee martin actually is playing melee now and he just won an event this past weekend in La. He will DOMINATE houston in melee this weekend at HOBO. WHAHHAAHAHHAHAHHAAH

Jake13

Smash Lord
sry guys but i might not be able to make it :(

i work saturday from 2pm-9pm (i requested off n errthang too) but i might get a sched change to 6am - 2pm. yall homies think you could gimme an hour to shower n show before you start anything?

also this totally kills the sonic thing for me. (But yall should still dooo it!)

Jake13

Smash Lord
got my sched changed. i get off at 2

that's thirty minutes home, ten to shower, five to get ready, fifteen to get to fplex.

if yall start at three or three thirty i can make it!

if you don't, then i just traded a shift to wake up at 5 in the morniing for nothing aosfghva;gbv;aoi

thanks guys!

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
got my sched changed. i get off at 2

that's thirty minutes home, ten to shower, five to get ready, fifteen to get to fplex.

if yall start at three or three thirty i can make it!

if you don't, then i just traded a shift to wake up at 5 in the morniing for nothing aosfghva;gbv;aoi

thanks guys!
Sweet! glad you can come to this. I really want to see how those out of towners are going to do. Lets hope houston can rep hard for texas...

MT_

Smash Ace
If the venue fee isn't waived for bringing a setup, then are there even going to be people that bring setups? It'd be a bummer to go to this tournament and only have like 2-3 setups. Oh, and I will be attending TYS for sure.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
i just want to point out that lee martin actually is playing melee now and he just won an event this past weekend in La. He will DOMINATE houston in melee this weekend at HOBO. WHAHHAAHAHHAHAHHAAH
lmao wtf. jake come and. i still may need a teammate for you guys tourney.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
If the venue fee isn't waived for bringing a setup, then are there even going to be people that bring setups? It'd be a bummer to go to this tournament and only have like 2-3 setups. Oh, and I will be attending TYS for sure.
Normally there are people who bring setups. Compensation for bringing a setup is a free drink coupon with unlimited refills. Please bring setups everyone if you have them. :chuckle:

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Why don't we get a venue discount? lol much more motivation than a $2 drink <_< that's like $5 for the venue and that's assuming you like to drink things. They don't have anything good to drink lol just soda pops

Xyro77

By you not bringing your set-up, it slows the event down and reduces how many friendlies you have. Its your call.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Yeah, either way you should still bring one just for speeding the tournament up and more playing time. There shouldn't ever be a time when you don't want to bring your set up.

Changed the original post. Starting time is pushed back an hour...or maybe we should just let Jake wake up at 5 AM for no reason lol

MT_

Smash Ace
**** is heavy and inconvenient.

I'll probably bring one though. Anyone want to play Friday afternoon?

Xyro77

Why don't we get a venue discount? lol much more motivation than a $2 drink <_< that's like $5 for the venue and that's assuming you like to drink things. They don't have anything good to drink lol just soda pops
They have:

Soda (6-7 types)
Bottle water
Energy drinks
Slushies

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Awesome lol added the LA event in new Orleans. One of our players just told me yesterday that he can make just about any New Orleans tournament too lol what a coincidence right Dilling???

I can play tomorrow for a bit. I can't play Friday I can't ever play on a Friday.

MT_

Smash Ace
Sounds like Dawn is having some sort of smashfest as his place Friday. Not too sure of the details but I'll let you know when I find out, or someone might post the information. VON let's play today.

-Ran

Smash Master
Awesome lol added the LA event in new Orleans. One of our players just told me yesterday that he can make just about any New Orleans tournament too lol what a coincidence right Dilling???
Lol. Nice. Hopefully we'll be able to get you guys to come down. If you give us a headcount, I'm sure we can get you some housing. You'll be meeting some of our players during Insane Triumph, so I'm sure you'll want to come here and return the favor. <3

I mean, after all it'll be your chance to redeem yourself after getting pwned.

Kidding.=p

Top Bottom