• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Here's my contact info
I live in Alief (Around Bissonnett and Synott, pretty close to Sugar Land as well)
(832) 528-5929 and text me, unless you feel it's easier to call
I usually work around nights, so let me know ahead of time if there's something going on
My house isn't really available though, my living room tv lags =/

Oh yeah, my aim is: Jcasteyo
Dayum, you down the street from me meaning walking distance. When do you be playing?

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
<_< You don't play melee though? Since when do you play lol
I just like to watch high level gameplay! My melee love all started at gamestop a few years ago. I supported every melee event that was ran up there. Prizes was poker books or whatever brandon could think of. Thats how I met timerbomb and his homies. Then I took xzalla up there so he could 3 stock everybody:laugh: Was some good entertainment. I remember 1 time, there was like over 40+ melee players that entered the tournament and it took 4ever. I was fell asleep during the finals. So yea, I dont play I just like to watch it cause its just as fast as marvel. Somebody getting 3 stocked = Perfected by magneto:chuckle:
Btw: Devry University is sponsoring this tournament so I ask everyone to show up. If attendance is good, I can get devry to sponsor melee some money and prizes for cali vs texas 2/sept 4 so again SHOW UP!

Jake13

Smash Lord
wait deangelo is that a guaranteed 150 in the pot for melee? that will attract some attention.

however it might also take away from the 11th.

hmm

you can count me in

oh well lalala lets play smash guys lalala

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
The flyer is miss leading. Its 50$ for Brawl then 50$ for SSF4 the 50$ for Marvel.
Its not misleading. Its a total of 150$ of sponsorship broken up into 3 games. I should be more clear when I post. Anyways as i said before, if you guys want sponsorship for the melee scene I can get it, just need everyone to show up and come full force and show devry that we have a huge scene. Also, jake13 do you want to do crews this time and if so who is down and how much should the entry fee be?

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I'll still go to that if enough people show up lol I love free money and the fact that it's at a College means random n00b pots lololol

Where is that tournament at exactly? Is it at DeVry? I need more information on it if I'm going to post it in the OP.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
I'll still go to that if enough people show up lol I love free money and the fact that it's at a College means random n00b pots lololol

Where is that tournament at exactly? Is it at DeVry? I need more information on it if I'm going to post it in the OP.
Naa its not at devry, its at funplex and they will be there from the times of 4-6pm. I hope melee gets like 20+ people again like it use to so I can talk to them about giving melee maybe 100$ + pot for sept 4/cali vs texas 2. Here is the info/flyer...

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
All right I updated the OP. What time is Melee going to start this time? And we should really start enforcing the start time.
Thanks syba for updating it. Melee will start at 2pm but everyone gets there at 3pm. I can start charging that 5$ late fee to ensure that players wont be late if you want? Its up 2 you...

Sybawave

Smash Ace
$1 late fee. Lol $5 is a bit excessive since it's like double the original xD we will start off with $1 and if people still continue to show up late we can just slowly increase that until they all finally decide to show up on time.

Ok, I updated the OP with the information about being late, the registration times, and the when the tournament should start. Hopefully we can get it to go according to plan.

dilling

Smash Apprentice
Wait, what's the difference between the entrance fee and the venue fee? Does that mean we have to pay $7 to get into the room and another $5 to register for the tournament and then another $10 for each event?

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
Dayum, you down the street from me meaning walking distance. When do you be playing?
Sorry for a late response lol
I usually don't have anyone to play with since I got back home for the summer (I go to UT). I have to go all the way to Missouri City just to face a good Peach player haha. Maybe if someone else lived in Alief, then I could get more practice (especially against spacies)

Noc

Smash Journeyman
I want to go to this July 3rd HOBO 26 Melee tourney but it needs some HYPE. A list of people that plan to go would help. It could be good training for IT. ;)

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I want to go to this July 3rd HOBO 26 Melee tourney but it needs some HYPE. A list of people that plan to go would help. It could be good training for IT. ;)
It's going to be good training for it....lmao

Anyway yeah they both need a lot of hype. Y'all should give it some hype.

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
No one really lol Blitz is the best that we have but he's more UoH than Friendswood. So who's the peach?
He used to play all the time before Brawl came out. I believe he splits his time between the two now. His name is Greg, I doubt he'll go to Insane Triumph though.
If it helps, he used to play against some of the better Houston Melee players, like RoyR, at Gamestop tourneys.

I should just stop speaking on his behalf lol

Frame Perfect

Smash Journeyman
Naa its not at devry, its at funplex and they will be there from the times of 4-6pm. I hope melee gets like 20+ people again like it use to so I can talk to them about giving melee maybe 100$ + pot for sept 4/cali vs texas 2. Here is the info/flyer...

does the winner of melee get 2 gcn controllers from devry as well like brawl, if not, you should give one for brawl and one for melee.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
What? We don't get controllers lol we get cash based on how many people entered. But if we're getting 2 controllers then hell I'm going to that mess xD

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
You can get official platinum GCN controllers at the reasonable price of $25 here.
Well devry has a contract with bestbuy corporate from what they told me so the controllers will be purchased through best buy corporate offices. Melee will not receive any sponsorship for this tournament. Since melee attendance has been in the numbers of 10-20 people i couldnt get it. Reason why I want everyone to show up is so that I can try to get melee sponsorship for the next tournament BUT that is depending on attendance, So if melee gets 20-40 players, i can talk to devry and say hey melee got 30 people last time. What can you sponsor for them. And thats when the negotiations start just as I did for this tournament. So I ask all melee houston, all over texas players to show up so I can use those attendance numbers to get sponsorships...

dilling

Smash Apprentice
Haven't quite decided, but I'm seriously considering going to HOBO. I do need the practice because I'm definitely going to IT.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Why wouldn't you go to this?

There is no reason that the Houston City players should not go to this. I can obviously see why OOS/C players would not attend as IT is the following weekend but if anyone from not in the area does want to come then I'd be happy.

Top Bottom