• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

Shök

Smash Champion
It seems so, Timerbomb.

Samus and Falcon are hip and funky fresh. ;)

Sybawave

Smash Ace
GUESS WHO IS BACK!!!!! ^_^

Give you a hint...

IT'S ME!!!!

And I'm hella rusty soo if someone would be ever so kind to get me back into shape that'd be great =) thanks

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Uh...I'm sorry, I don't play washed up old veterans

(When/Where?)

You should come down here with Jake or something some time and play with James and me.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
So does anyone want to play some time soon? I'm thinking about trying to get my crew to play with some of y'all

Jake, Oscar, Dawn, James, Gabe??? Anyone up for that? I'll have to ask them when they are available also and see if I can come up with something.

Oh and sorry for the Double Post

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
lol i thought shok was jake as well

ok so beside fox and falco, i'm going to pick up: falcon, ganondorf, samus, pichu, jiggs, marth, peach

let's do it

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Samus is a good character, but like Falcon doesn't really have any strong matchups in her favor. She's easy to counterpick against too. But personally I think a good Samus can **** Fox, because she's so hard to combo, and she has the best crouch cancel in the game.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Wow I didn't notice that James said that....

Dude do I really have to knock some sense into your ***??? Samus sucks ***

Worst character in the game. No Samus player will ever beat me. She's too easy to ****.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Happy New Years my fellow smash brothas. The flyer has been made. Its about to go down like a fat man at a cicis pizza buffet!!!!!

MASTER_VOID

Smash Journeyman
hmmm i feel the urge to play some matches.........shock when can you come over,also bring your jabbawockeez/slipknot mask and lets play lolz XD?

ABDK how much is this MVC2 money match anyways?

Velox

Smash Ace
Any fests going down in the next two weeks? Wouldn't mind catching an STD, nah, actually I don't smash random people all night anymore.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Marth is slow everywhere....

Slow Dash

Laggy moves on the ground

His aerials are the best thing he has.

He really needs a projectile to counter freaking Falco. It's so broken that much up. And Fox is just too hard for him.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Not at all. Falco and Fox run circles around him and Falcon does too actually. You just have to plan ahead. As long as you can do that Marth will appear fast.

But in the end he sucks against those three

Velox

Smash Ace
Syba, he's really fast dude, like, you're probably saying that because no Marth player that is really good these days chooses to play him in a fast fashion, but he can be played like that trust me, as far as movement goes he has all the tools to move quick, and the frame data for him is also pretty good (though he doesn't have a move that's shorter than 4 frame startup I think, not the biggest of deals though). I don't really know what I'm arguing about though, cause I think any character in the game can be made to blaze pretty much..

Also, Marth is an excellent choice against fast fallers, his combos are better there than against floaties, and he has an easy time getting hits in relatively compared to much of the other cast.

I really don't know why you're so anti-Marth, you play him as one of your main characters.

Also, honestly, like nobody pivots at all, I live in a world where nobody wavedashes but me, it totally changes which characters are fast an how each one moves. With Marth, being able to pivot into attacks provides interesting ground movement that Fox/Falcon/Falco can't really duplicate because they don't have much to effectively pivot into.

Also, watching my Fox/Falcon/Marth, they all appear to be about the same speed at a glance, really the only one that appears slower is Falco, I think you're just used to the impression of Marth as a slow character, but he should be much slower if they wanted to balance him whatsoever...

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Heads up, next time I say something stupid like that I'm probably trolling xD

Only true statements I said...

Marth is slower than those three.

And have you seen my Marth? Don't blink *****

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
So i heard Houston was gonna **** out again and not travel to San Antonio this weekend.

Confirm/Deny?

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Oh sh** I completely forgot that was even happening. Who's gonna be driving? I know Jake can't go cuz he has to work. Soo...that means he can't drive anybody.

Who's left with transportation? Just Gabe and he doesn't play actively so he's less likely to go. Not much hope, all of Houston is broke without rides.

Top Bottom