• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

heytallman

CTALL
Hey, if any of you are planning to come to HOBO for Melee, I will be running a Pokemon side tournament if any of you are interested. Entry is five dollars, and I'll have a printout of the rules at the event. Just throwing this out there.

G@BE

Smash Lord
anyways... someone please call me tonight or nowww if they want to go to Final Smash... please call me

832-515-6618

garrR

Smash Apprentice
hey guys, i entered the melee event at hobo 17 after being away from melee for awhile and am pretty convinced that i want to quit brawl and pick up melee again =) i got to play with a few of you guys, but i'm not quite who anyone was, haha. i was a sheik main using the tag "Gar". let me know if i played with you so i can put faces to names, haha.

i'm really interested in getting back into melee... i would love to come out and play with some of you guys whenever events are going on.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Lee Martin 1st place

Sybawave 2nd place

Dojo 3rd place

Tsc I think came in at like 5th or 4th? He lost to Dojo and then Dojo played me. So whatever place that is lol I think it is 4th though.

Gar I played you...I was the one using Low tiers in friendlies all the time.

O and both of the Lee's were at Hobo but I meant Lee Martin when I posted that last message xD

garrR

Smash Apprentice
Really just whenever you want to. Can you drive? I'm always up to play.
yeah, i can drive. i won't have free time til next week though. got one last week of work before i have a little break before school starts. i'm moving into my apartment in 2 weeks so i'll be able to have some people over to play sometime later.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Thank you to everybody that attended Hobo 17 and Tys 3. We made history and made it EPIC. I put alot of hard work into getting funplex as the future venue for all Hobo's and Tys's. Next Hobo/Tys will feature bigger and better events. Hope all the international players had fun and come back soon. :]

(((Test Your Skills 3 Melee Champions 1st/Lee Martin/2nd/Sybawave/3rd/Dojo)))​

Sybawave

Smash Ace
O snap hey look it's me lol ^_^

Can't believe I lost...o well more training for me...who wants to help me with this? And where is your apartment at? If it's still in Alief....good luck getting us to drive there >_<

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
lol i dont know any of those ppl besides syba

edit: gj syba, but i thought you looked different for some reason

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Well I chances are that each time you saw me I had a different hair style xD I get a lot of hairs cuts...I mean the first time any of y'all saw me I had super long hair and it gradually got shorter lolol

Dude, where have you been? I was expecting you to be there since it was semi close to Sugar Land.

And yeah I didn't know any of them either lol the brawl kids had to fill me in on who could possibly beat me out of first =/

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Which characters did you say he beat you with? I'll go ahead and take your lunch money with fox. Is that the expression? Probably not, but I think you get it.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
He took me out with Fox =/ Those videos made me lawl though xD except for the Grand Finals <_< which sucked lol I wish y'all where there to tell me what to do >_< I just got *****.

And Fox dittos $20 mm? xD lol jk

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
ya i remember you only with long hair

the guy that got 1st is a brawl guy? that's....i dont get it

i havent been goin to tournies mainly cause i have lots of SAT classes and doin stuff with family and friends, i dont even know when the tournies happen anymore lol

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
ya i remember you only with long hair

the guy that got 1st is a brawl guy? that's....i dont get it

i havent been goin to tournies mainly cause i have lots of SAT classes and doin stuff with family and friends, i dont even know when the tournies happen anymore lol
Well I heard he was really good at melee before brawl....so another Sethlon running around apparently lol kind of like M2k
Lee is pretty old school, and well known throughout the south as a top player in Melee and Brawl.

Fun fact: He won the gamestop brawl tournament.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
What is that? Aren't there a lot of those kinds of tournaments?

Or is this one a particularly amazing one?

And yeah a lot of the old melee players there were telling me to watch our for him during the ttournament

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
What is that? Aren't there a lot of those kinds of tournaments?

Or is this one a particularly amazing one?

And yeah a lot of the old melee players there were telling me to watch our for him during the ttournament
The big one that they had for the Brawl launch. It was lame as hell, timed matches and wii motes only.

All gamestop tournaments fail pretty hard. At least the finals were legit for Street Fighter IV.

garrR

Smash Apprentice
O snap hey look it's me lol ^_^

Can't believe I lost...o well more training for me...who wants to help me with this? And where is your apartment at? If it's still in Alief....good luck getting us to drive there >_<
haha, my apartment is near the medical center/reliant stadium, so kind of in the middle of houston.

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
haha, my apartment is near the medical center/reliant stadium, so kind of in the middle of houston.
I had a temporary summer job at MDAnderson earlier this summer so i was there everyday lol...shoulda told me before

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Yo. Its been brought to my attention that some of the melee players had a problem at test your skills with the tv situation. Imma take a moment to clear the air. 1st and for most. I have 6 guarenteed tvs for test your skills. 2 for melee. 2 for marvel. 1 for soul calibur. 1 for Street fighter 4. When the marvel players came in they had 1 tv that someone brought. It wasnt 1 of my tvs. At the beginning of the event I already said that the tv to the left hand side will be marvel once all the players get there. Anybody who is on that tv. Must give it up so that the marvel players can get friendlies before they play in the tournament. Melee already had 4 setups while marvel had 1. Xyro told me a few of the melee players was upset and I wanted to apologize for the miscommunication. You all didnt know what went on behind the scenes so now you know. Anybody is welcome to bringing extra tvs and setups if you would like at test your skills. Thank you :)

Sybawave

Smash Ace
September some time lol and maybe a smashfest at Ronnie's and like I said before if enough people do show to a random smashfest then let's Round Robin it.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
september 5th at Planet zero=hobo 18. melee will be there like normal

Sybawave

Smash Ace
If it is conflicting with something then you should still be there...it's maylay son xD nothing more important than that. And plus I need to **** you and Jake =)

Nike.

Smash Hero
I wanna play you again soooo bad Syba. Your fox was complete ****.

And Im uploading Losers Final/Grand Finals right now.

Melee Results from what I remember:

1. Lee Martin (fox/marth)
2. Sybawave (fox/marth/falcon)
3. Dojo (falco)
4. UTD Zac (peach/LUIGIIII)
5. Nike (marth)
5. Cloud (falco/sheik/ice climbers)
7. tsc (falcon)

I lost to Sybawave 1st round and then I get effing Hylian in the first round of Losers D:

Top Bottom