• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
go to low hobo

be there at 12 noon for sign ups and practice. melee starts at about 2

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Pfft you guys should go to Dallas, it'll have more people.

SOS said he wants to play you Jake.

Me, SOS, AustinRC, JF and Kal are going to PBT Melee.

G@BE

Smash Lord
I would go to Dallas... considering in the end i kinda organized that tournament like two months ago xD

but!

I have a lot of stuff to get done before my trip to leave the country. So i have meetings on friday and saturday with some people. Ill be going to the houston tournament to meet up with a bunch of old friends i have not really seen sense feb haha

I have not played melee in so long so i doubt i will do well at all

but!

Does not mean i will just lay down and die

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I no longer know about the Dallas tournament, it seems like it's too uncertain and there isn't enough hype. Allan's a good TO, so I'm sure this will be pretty good.

Also, if I go, Syba, Ronnie, and James will all be bumped down a place.

Xyro77

I would go to Dallas... considering in the end i kinda organized that tournament like two months ago xD

but!

I have a lot of stuff to get done before my trip to leave the country. So i have meetings on friday and saturday with some people. Ill be going to the houston tournament to meet up with a bunch of old friends i have not really seen sense feb haha

I have not played melee in so long so i doubt i will do well at all

but!

Does not mean i will just lay down and die
me and ronnie are going to try and show up so that puts you 2 more places down mr. wave
I no longer know about the Dallas tournament, it seems like it's too uncertain and there isn't enough hype. Allan's a good TO, so I'm sure this will be pretty good.

if enough people go to this, i might consider it for EVERY hobo. we will see.

Jake13

Smash Lord

That's my boy clue!

bluezaft

The True Zaft

Uncertain? It's noon this saturday. What's uncertain?

Kansas City, San Antonio, Austin, possibly Oklahoma, as well as the whole Dallas scene will be there. What on earth more do you need? Melee tournaments like this don't happen every week, you know.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Uncertain? It's noon this saturday. What's uncertain?

Kansas City, San Antonio, Austin, possibly Oklahoma, as well as the whole Dallas scene will be there. What on earth more do you need? Melee tournaments like this don't happen every week, you know.
Last time I was in that thread, nobody knew what time it would be or even who was going to run it. But more importantly, my car broke a few days ago and I couldn't drive all the way to Dallas in my spare hoopdee.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
jigglypuff is soooo broken
LOL this kid's a scar lover guys.

Really though, jiggz is. Using Ganon starts to get stressful after playing for a while cuz I have to concentrate so hard, so I'll switch to jiggz who I don't even use that much and play with ease most of the time. She just has SO many options.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
<_< Marth or Puff lol make up your mind!

Since when was scarjumping hard? Doing the scarjump to knee thing is difficult though lol I mean to find the right moment for that?

Did anyone see that video of Gabe and his edgeguarding thing?

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
<_< Marth or Puff lol make up your mind!

Since when was scarjumping hard? Doing the scarjump to knee thing is difficult though lol I mean to find the right moment for that?

Did anyone see that video of Gabe and his edgeguarding thing?
They are both pretty broken in my opinion. However, puff has a more flexible recovery and a 1 frame KO attack.

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
I'm not a scar fan clue, i was saying that kind of in response to jake's comment

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I'm not a scar fan clue, i was saying that kind of in response to jake's comment
I know, I don't think you quite got it though. Jake was referring to the fact that he doesn't like that the scarjump is named after scar. You then proceeded to recite Scar's identifying john. So in effect, you seemed to be trying to act like a scar lover. Therefore, I called you a scar lover.

Sincerely,
Paul Davis

G@BE

Smash Lord
yea me and alex will be showing up for sure.

I get out of a meeting at 12. So ill swing by your place then we will go to the tourny al

everyone who plays melee please show up... I have not played in forever.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
yea me and alex will be showing up for sure.

I get out of a meeting at 12. So ill swing by your place then we will go to the tourny al

everyone who plays melee please show up... I have not played in forever.
See ya thar buddy. Are you some sorta super suave smash business man?

Jake13

Smash Lord
had lots of fun!

shoutsies:

alex: see you in the next finals of whatever tourney is next! lol your cf is so beastly

gabe: nice tan.

von: rainbow cruise :/

clue: you're my boy! 3rd place ganon styleeeee

8 man bracket: lawl

i so hope we can get more of these going.

TY allan and airbrush king!

Sybawave

Smash Ace
YEAH!

Thanks Allan that was a lot of fun...and your brawl people suck at brawl xD I can at least beat some of them lol

What about Rainbow Cruise?

I'll do better next time =P I decided it would be nice to boost your confidence levels for now....

Gabe:....you're too F***ing homo GTFO! lol man....those matches were depressing =/

It was fun...having the best people in town at one tournament lol minus Oscar and James and Ronnie (who both said that they would be there >=()

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Wasn't a bad tournament, but it should have been round robin considering that there were only 8 people. James, Ronnie....I'm disappointed :p

Jake: Too **** good at this game. I'll be in finals with you one day.

alex: I'll get ya next time. I will have a much better counterpick for you then >:D

gabe: Had a lot of fun playin' you! You play so weird, I had a hard time predicting anything!

von: You didn't give me a shoutout =( haha

Also, this:
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for the entirety of the set

Sybawave

Smash Ace
XD well we didn't play at all lol but god job getting to third place =) just keep hoping that I don't run into you in future tournaments lolz

That is what I thought lol because I remember M2k banning Yoshi's Story or it was someone that was playing against M2k I just remember that he couldn't fight there...I think it may have been that set against Shiz Fast1 tournament or something.

Xyro77

Yoshi Story isnt THAT good for marth
its one of his best stages.......

RESULTS OF YESTERDAY!!!!!!

1: Jake13 ($56.00)
2: Alex ($16.00)
3: Clue ($8.00)
4: Gabe
5: Noc
5: SYbawave
7: H2jo
7: Nore

i will make a deal with you guys. 8 entrants has granted you ONE more melee event at my next hobo. If number do not improve then i will drop melee. However, if they keep improving, i will continue to host this game at every hobo

It was really good seeing all you melee kids again.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Meleeee

Gabe: Sucks that we had to play, but i guess its kinda hard to avoid in a 8 person bracket lol. We'll practice up, I'm sure you'll do better next time =]

Jake: Sorry I was lame after grands. When you called falcon dittos in friendlies, I thought it would just be messing around time, if I had known you would've used fox against me in tourny I probly wouldn't have played then. But I'm sure it didn't change anything, so *shrug*.
I'm so banning Kongo against you next time, that stage is lame >.<

Clueless: Your wavelands are seeeeeex. Floats gayed you super hard =/

Sybawave: Dtilt right in the faaace

TGM: You should join in next time :)

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Clueless: Your wavelands are seeeeeex. Floats gayed you super hard =/
Thank you kindly sir. Unfortunately, the cam got bumped during our set and it missed about a fourth of the screen, but it's still ok. I need a better tripod. I got a bit discouraged after "getting gayed," but I'll work on my consistency. I'm just not used to keeping my cool ;_;, I'm used to meaningless friendlies. But it didn't turn out too bad.

I learned your weakness >:D I will magnify it by next tourney.

Top Bottom