• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I'm annoyed at FS7's date anyway. Interferes with SMYM 10 which sounds like a nice alternative to Genesis, which is highly unlikely for me to attend.

Dunno if I'll change it or cancel it. I can't do much until after the Gamelot remodeling this Friday. And don't worry, the remodel is all good stuff.

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
i think jake is getting a little too big for his britches if ya ask me...looks like mouf is gonna have to shut em down

Jake13

Smash Lord
lol pop, drew has given me more infractions than i can count, just live and learn and find ways around them :)

also, i have a special key on my keyboard that spells out gullible just for moments like these

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I am also looking for a place to do this at. I think I may have found one around my area but Idk yet. Let's hope it works I will check them out tomorrow.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
yeah I know I just hate rules
This kids a rebel. I agree though, some rules are taken way too extremely. This isn't just a place to maintain a professional attitude and talk about melee, but it is also a social community and...as depressing as it sounds, a home to some of us.

I knew you were kidding, but infractions should really only be given to people who are intentionally hurting the community. As OCD as I can be, that one infraction you gave me about those posts I obviously didn't make nearly drove me insane, haha.

So in summary, here is my opinion:
Infractions are meant to be a form of discipline. Do not give them when they will not teach a lesson. For example, I learned nothing from my infraction because I did nothing wrong in the first place.

---------------------------------

In other news, Von, we should play smash soon. You are gonna get too rusty before that sick tournament coming up.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
So in summary, here is my opinion:
Infractions are meant to be a form of discipline. Do not give them when they will not teach a lesson. For example, I learned nothing from my infraction because I did nothing wrong in the first place.

You hopefully learned not to let other people use your account. :)

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
You hopefully learned not to let other people use your account. :)
I didn't let him. Allow me to explain...

It was a Saturday night....the air was cold and I could feel that mischief was afoot. I had fallen asleep on my couch enjoying my favorite tv shows when the unthinkable happened. I heard a loud noise and the door flung open to reveal a man dressed in black wielding a hunting knife. I tried to fight him off, but the next thing I knew I was tied up and forced to watch as this man spoiled my good name on smash boards. It was traumatizing.

Don't you think that's lesson enough?

Sybawave

Smash Ace
HEY! I was there at your house that night xD I remember this lol he went onto Paul's Laptop while it was in the back and then he made those posts lol

oscarmalherbe

Smash Cadet
anyone who wants to play one of the best smash players in houston set it up and call me or message me. i beat all my friends and would wreck ya'll. i can also 4 stock level nines.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
anyone who wants to play one of the best smash players in houston set it up and call me or message me. i beat all my friends and would wreck ya'll. i can also 4 stock level nines.
I bet this is one of those guys that pretends that he is bad by saying he can beat level 9's, and then turns out to be good because he's a lying sack of s***

haha

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Wow, did they really ban metaknight from Brawl?

Also, I like people talk as if I never beat anyone and how I had no skill. Nice.

So just checking in, anything new happening with melee? Have they any word on getting melee online lag free?

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Wow, did they really ban metaknight from Brawl?

Also, I like people talk as if I never beat anyone and how I had no skill. Nice.

So just checking in, anything new happening with melee? Have they any word on getting melee online lag free?
Just from HOBO, which is really the only big tournament series around here.

blackfox51

Smash Cadet

oscarmalherbe

Smash Cadet
Last time i remember Doc had no shine...
i love kids like this =D

Sweet, you beg and you plead, and it works!
how much melee?
wanna put ur mony where ur mouth is? i can make doc do magic!

ten buks if u wanna get shut down, 5 if ur too scared

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
((($_$) AirbrushKing Play N Trade Pre-Genesis Brawl/Melee Showdown ($_$)))

When: 6/27/09

Where: Play N’ Trade 9319 Hwy 6 South Space B Houston Texas, 77083

Venue/Entry Fees: 5$/Venue/10$/Entry

Times: Brawl/Melee/Reg at1:00/Starts at 2:00 so (((BE ON TIME))) 5$ Late Fee Will be enforced!

B.Y.O.C Bring Your Own Controllers/Arcade sticks/usb cables/consoles/full setups

For more info go to--> www.AirbrushKing.net/tournaments

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
Oscar i played you at the last playntrade right? You never played doc >_>

ronnie i still want fox dittos MM for a buck, lol

Jake13

Smash Lord
man, two tournies on the same day?

actually, im just gonna go to whichever one is an actual tourney if ronnie's is just a fest.

.... just kidding! ima soul skater. gonna go to ronnie's regardless if their is monies involved :)

BUT I EXPECT BEER! (paul im lookin for someone to split a twelve pack with ^.^)

edit!: i got a mad special flow for yall that are there

Top Bottom