• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
He did??? Hes moving back to the 818 like he was before? 818 Right here!!! Timerbomb???; hi Timerbomb =)

yeah hes good, did you play him before?
not sure about where he is moving back but i can ask him later

yeah i've played him before

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Guys, i am including MELEE at my next event(low hobo) on june 6th. Go to the REAL houston thread for details. I guess i will use the rules you guys use. BRING A FULL set-up!!!!!

Sybawave

Smash Ace
There is no way he is better than you out of practice lol

O well I said the same thing about Ronnie <_< but still...he has been playing Brawl whereas Ronnie wasn't corrupting his skill but just letting it sit.

Damit Allan wtf lol come on now that is the Darkrain tournament

Xyro77

do what you gotta do. go to DALLAS or go right down the street and WIN money.

Popertop

Smash Champion
There is no way he is better than you out of practice lol

O well I said the same thing about Ronnie <_< but still...he has been playing Brawl whereas Ronnie wasn't corrupting his skill but just letting it sit.

Damit Allan wtf lol come on now that is the Darkrain tournament
you are an idiot

there are some people/players that are just a level beyond anything you could ever achieve.

I guarantee that I could probably beat you, but there isn't any chance for me to beat Roy (at least not now)

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Wtf! Lol that is just as bad as Timerbomb's tournament if not worse >_<

And "there are some people/players that are just a level beyond anything you could ever achieve." is complete bull**** lol

Go be a n00b elsewhere pl0x

kthxbai

Jake13

Smash Lord
Popertop: no smack talk, you both lose to me, end of story ;)

And yeah, Roy ***** either way.

Allan: you're not gonna get any good smashers lol

And I get better at melée when I play brawl, I just wanna be super technical and mindgames are still there regardless of what game you play on the side

Xyro77

Popertop: no smack talk, you both lose to me, end of story ;)

And yeah, Roy ***** either way.

Allan: you're not gonna get any good smashers lol

And I get better at melée when I play brawl, I just wanna be super technical and mindgames are still there regardless of what game you play on the side
im not tryin to get good melee smashers. they all went to brawl.

Bacn

Smash Rookie
Wtf! Lol that is just as bad as Timerbomb's tournament if not worse >_<

And "there are some people/players that are just a level beyond anything you could ever achieve." is complete bull**** lol

Go be a n00b elsewhere pl0x

kthxbai
i dont get it...how come the entry fee at timerbombs tourny too much?

lets see here 7.50 entry fee and a 5 dollar tourny fee so like 12.50?

at regular houston tournys its about 10 dollars for tourny fee....so a 2.50 dollar differential

o_0

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
popertop you still owe me my $5 MM jiggs/fox

and not to be on anyone's side but Royr is really good, i played him a ton over last summer so i'm not just judging by vids

edit: pichu vs yoshi $1 is still on!

i'm also accepting bottom tier MM's from anyone $1

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
im not tryin to get good melee smashers. they all went to brawl.
I would say that these "good" ones are actually just the ones who want to win some cash by playing high tiers and taking money from kids. I could pick metaknight and place in a tournament easily after a bit of practice, but I would make more money by getting a job.

I enjoy melee much more, but I still want to play a lil brawl every now and then.

Xyro77

I would say that these "good" ones are actually just the ones who want to win some cash by playing high tiers and taking money from kids. I could pick metaknight and place in a tournament easily after a bit of practice, but I would make more money by getting a job.

I enjoy melee much more, but I still want to play a lil brawl every now and then.
you can blame it on that. But we know the truth.

Jake13

Smash Lord
Actually allan ima go to your tourney, my ma is getting out of the hospital that day, so that puts Dallas out of the question.

What time is the melée event? If it's not early then I prolly can't even make it to that :( this sucks

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Actually I just found out that my cousin is graduating on that day too >_<

What time is that tournament? If it is early then I can go xD

And no, I haven't played him yet lol

G@BE

Smash Lord
hey guys

Stop complaining ang go to it

there are rarely any melee tournaments anyways. Allan is atleast taking away from his "I hate melee" streak to give us a turn.

so just go.
im gonna go

bluezaft

The True Zaft
hey guys

Stop complaining ang go to it

there are rarely any melee tournaments anyways. Allan is atleast taking away from his "I hate melee" streak to give us a turn.

so just go.
im gonna go
Or instead, go to the Dallas tournament the same day that has Darkrain, Kansas City, San Antonio, no entry fee, and teams.

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
Sybawave...i hate to put it like this but i have no choice due to the way you're talking, but there's no doubt in my mind roy would beat you. he was beating ronnie consistently at one point, beat caveman in tourney, he's just too good and playing brawl for awhile just doesn't take all that away. he would embarrassingly beat you the same way you might of thoght you would beat ronnie after he came back from the army. if you've never played somebody before, it's usually best not to talk smack, remember when you watched a vid of my falco vs sethlon and said it was "too basic"? what happened when we played?

Xyro77

syba is not good. why bother arguing with him?

go to low hobo for melee june 6th

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Owned you Allan =P and at least I didn't ignore the MM we were supposed to have.

And pick up your phone James >_<

And we'll see if someone manages to get Roy_R to a smashfest or something lol

Xyro77

Owned you Allan =P and at least I didn't ignore the MM we were supposed to have.

And pick up your phone James >_<

And we'll see if someone manages to get Roy_R to a smashfest or something lol
you owned some one when they dont play/own melee. good job. i did the same back int he day. lol

the MM still stands, if i decide to pick up melee. its been over a year now.

Xyro77

Well then why did you say that you could beat me regardless of whether or not you played still?
I dont remember sayin that but if i did it was trash talk. The MM was and still is the determining factor, well assuming i pick up melee again. Most likly wont though, melee is dead. lol

Sybawave

Smash Ace
>_< lol O and I always talk trash xD it makes the game fun. And it makes it seem more fun when you haven't played lol you are either right or you get horribly embarrassed. Either way it is a good feeling lol Unless you are actually like 100% serious about it though <_< then it just sucks

Top Bottom