• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I may try and go to the tourney on the 12th for some pound practice, idk.

Is this one at a bar?

Also, I think TGM said that there's a one day pass you can get for WHOBO that's like $15 or something, so it might not be that bad.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord

Is this one at a bar?

Also, I think TGM said that there's a one day pass you can get for WHOBO that's like $15 or something, so it might not be that bad.
hi.

about the pass

you could absolutely be right

but

allan could be misinformed like he was last year which probably isnt his fault

also the animecon people want their money bad

plus allan likes to say things to advertise altho he could be misinformed

all i know is the website says if u want the basics the price is at its highest and wont go up its like 45-55 dollars, and its like 55-70 at the door.

needs to be looked into because allan isnt hosting the venue just all the smash events.

if its anything like last year then eek

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
If I go on the 12th I'll have a setup.

Also, venue fee for whobo is something around $25 at the door on sunday, at least according to xyro... idk still pricey but way better than $55. >.>

Also people should come over for a fest next weekend. Smash, Mario Party 3, and buffalo wild wings at 1 am like last time. xD And Chris, we definitely need to watch hot fuzz.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
galactus looks so mean in mvc3... hmmmm

oh well

edit: passes at the door will be 55 dollars for a weekend pass ,period

and they may have different entry fee sunday.

theres honestly no information anywhere online except that the venue fee will be 55 dollars at the door

25 still too much >_> but do-able

EDIT: i have emailed the person running the event. whatever they say is going to be the correct answer

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
don't dis mario party, the most random, epic **** goes down playing that game. xD I kinda doubt we'd take the initiative to setup the N64 to play it, but if we do it would be on a separate tv in the corner. We didn't get to play last time cause we couldn't find the n64 controllers lol

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
hi.

about the pass

you could absolutely be right

but

allan could be misinformed like he was last year which probably isnt his fault

also the animecon people want their money bad

plus allan likes to say things to advertise altho he could be misinformed

all i know is the website says if u want the basics the price is at its highest and wont go up its like 45-55 dollars, and its like 55-70 at the door.

needs to be looked into because allan isnt hosting the venue just all the smash events.

if its anything like last year then eek

i was not misinformed. its my event so i know what im talking about.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Also, I think TGM said that there's a one day pass you can get for WHOBO that's like $15 or something
I
Also, venue fee for whobo is something around $25 at the door on sunday, at least according to xyro...
all i did is post complete facts about whobo and the event and last year there was alot of confusion also BECAUSE I WAS ADVERTISING TO HELP YOU and i was supplied with incorrect information because i had no solid proof

but if u have solid proof on how much whobo is going to cost that would be nice and end all the confusion

and i meant you arent running anime matsuri,and they are the ones who supply badges/entry

i dont even want to argue i just want proof because i ended up paying 70 dollars last year when i thought i was going to pay 50 (for entry to singles and venue fee)

P.S. still no reply from anime matsuri website

Velox

Smash Ace
And Chris, we definitely need to watch hot fuzz.
**** yes.

Also, Von, ur a clown, the trip from tomball to sugarland is pretty killer for WEMP, Friendswood is not that bad of a location. I've traveled both routes many times and Tomball to Sugarland is MUCH worse.

Kailo has knowledge beyond his years. Brawl sucks.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
YEAH! :088:

But seriously, it's all good. I want to play melee too much to let a once a week drive hold me back :: pumps fist against chest, which is being puffed out to look tough::

Nujabes

Smash Apprentice

Also, venue fee for whobo is something around $25 at the door on sunday, at least according to xyro... idk still pricey but way better than $55. >.>

Also people should come over for a fest next weekend. Smash, Mario Party 3, and buffalo wild wings at 1 am like last time. xD And Chris, we definitely need to watch hot fuzz.
was this before or after i told you there cant be a fest?

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
Before bro... and might I add, LAME. But I getcha, we need to plan out our **** and get that club house rented out, it would be soooo legit.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
all i did is post complete facts about whobo and the event and last year there was alot of confusion also BECAUSE I WAS ADVERTISING TO HELP YOU and i was supplied with incorrect information because i had no solid proof

but if u have solid proof on how much whobo is going to cost that would be nice and end all the confusion

and i meant you arent running anime matsuri,and they are the ones who supply badges/entry

i dont even want to argue i just want proof because i ended up paying 70 dollars last year when i thought i was going to pay 50 (for entry to singles and venue fee)

P.S. still no reply from anime matsuri website
go read whobo1 and 2 thread. it says u gotta buy a badge and buy events. its always been there. whobo 3 is diff.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
So looks like no smashfest this weekend, at least at our place... Unless we play saturday or sunday afternoon or something. I really want to play this week, especially since I may not be able to go to TYS on the 12th.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace

Is this one at a bar?

Yea its at the bar. Super nice venue plus you all have your own section. Will post a video tour shortly.

yo doh you can always come practice at mine or oscar's casa too since you'll be here ya digg
Are you bringing your setup?

Sounds good. Wobbles just posted and said he is interested so hope you can make it. Last time had 25 people dayumm. Bringing it back to the OG TYS days were we use to get 20+ every tournament. I wish marvel 2 can get those numbers :glare: Guess ill have to wait for mvc3...

Sybawave

Smash Ace
"So looks like no smashfest this weekend, at least at our place... Unless we play saturday or sunday afternoon or something."

Pretty hard to misread that...

You didn't say anything about any uncertainty in being able to play those days lol you said we can't play unless we play on those two days.

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone good showing up to this thing?

You say we get a free drink coupon if we bring a set up or some **** idk I wasn't really paying attention but does that count towards drinks containing alcohol? I figure if I actually do show up to this thing it would only be fair if I had a few beforehand to make things even.

Top Bottom