• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

Noc

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone good showing up to this thing?

You say we get a free drink coupon if we bring a set up or some **** idk I wasn't really paying attention but does that count towards drinks containing alcohol? I figure if I actually do show up to this thing it would only be fair if I had a few beforehand to make things even.
You say you need alcohol to handicap yourself but I suspect you actually need it to make you feel like you're playing better than you really are and/or to mitigate the pain of being consistently *****.

haha jk you're probly still quite good

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Jake: How nice of you, but I'll pass. Did you win the last tourney?

So is anyone besides Jake showing up to this tourney thats any good?

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
SideEffect: The 1st 2 setups through the door gets there venue fee cut in half and they get a free drink meaning (soda only). Havent seen you in a min? Were u been?

Jake13: WHAHAH! thats funny. ill let you win if you buy me drinks. Can i get the same deal?

TYS Bar Fights Feb 12: We had our weekly there yesterday and had 40 people come out. Was crazy last night. 20 degree weather and people just kept coming. You all will have you own area as usual. We will shut down everything at 8pm because a party is coming in at 8:30. I ask everyone to be on time and show up early cause we will start the tournament "ON TIME". I want you all to get as many friendlies/money matches in as possible and please this time, bring extra money for 10$ entry. I want to make it worth you alls wild since you have dallas coming. 5$ is cool but 10$ at 25 people 250$ pot which is better. Just my opinion.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
Syba convinced me that falco is broken, for which I must apologise because I said you were wrong before when you mentioned him before. You showed me the light lolol :embarrass:

I guess no better way to get better than get ***** <33

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Also, I need the names and numbers of all our active smashers that would like to put their information up on the Opening Post. You can put your AIM, E-Mail, Address (or just general area), Phone Number etc.

Just look at the OP for more examples. Remember, this is for anyone that is willing to do so. We've gotten a few more players since I first put up that information.

Velox

Smash Ace
damn, sorry guys, me and Luciano were stuck at his house all day and couldn't make it to anything, ****ing cold

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I drove in the snow and ice at like 2 am to play smash. Not really play but I was heading back from it. But I did know that the conditions would be that way xD

Jake13

Smash Lord
yo i might not be able to make it to the tourney, i've got work from 10 to 4

i'll still show up for friendlies tho maybe

Sybawave

Smash Ace
That's so random xD and yes. I like that idea lol btw, do you need a ride Kailo lolololol assuming that I don't need to do anything out of the blue this weekend I should be able to go.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Yeah, Bear rage quit, Gabe moved, Sethlon moved to Dallas where he is currently not playing? I haven't seen him around. Is he still into Brawl? Anyone know?
A late response...better than never?

I'm done with brawl. Haven't touched a SHDL in about two months and I don't intend to again. I've been playing Melee some, went up to the OhSnap tourney a couple weeks back, and I'm planning on coming down to Whobo for Melee. After that I'll probably end up being swept up into MvC3.

Sybawave

Smash Ace

I'm done with brawl. Haven't touched a SHDL in about two months and I don't intend to again. I've been playing Melee some, went up to the OhSnap tourney a couple weeks back, and I'm planning on coming down to Whobo for Melee. After that I'll probably end up being swept up into MvC3.
YAY for a last run at melee ^_^ Honestly, I was thinking about doing that too lol I want to main Captain America so bad and it'll be a new game so there is going to be a lot of hype and stuff. Only problem is that I don't think that I'll be hardcore enough to buy my own system to play it on or buy those Arcade stick things that people use either. So it'll just be a pseudo competitive thing for me xD plus, by then I'lll probably just be too old to play games competitively like that anyway. Next year should be time consuming lol

You should come down this weekend though if DoH actually is going to come.

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
YAY for a last run at melee ^_^ Honestly, I was thinking about doing that too lol I want to main Captain America so bad and it'll be a new game so there is going to be a lot of hype and stuff. Only problem is that I don't think that I'll be hardcore enough to buy my own system to play it on or buy those Arcade stick things that people use either. So it'll just be a pseudo competitive thing for me xD plus, by then I'lll probably just be too old to play games competitively like that anyway. Next year should be time consuming lol

You should come down this weekend though if DoH actually is going to come.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace

Glad your coming over to marvel as we call it on srk crack 3:awesome: By your avatar, im judging you will be playing wesker?

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
You don't necessarily need to play stick, I'm a pad player myself =]
Captain America doesn't really look interesting IMO. And that VA...:c

I hadn't planned on coming down with DoH, a little short on cash atm. I'll give it some thought though.
Glad your coming over to marvel as we call it on srk crack 3:awesome: By your avatar, im judging you will be playing wesker?
Yessir, plan so far is Wesker on point with Trish (Low Voltage) and Dante (Jam Session) pulling up the rear. Was planning on running X23 (Ankle Slicer) instead of Trish for the unblockable shenanigans, but that team doesn't seem versatile enough (IE I'm afraid of what Chun Li legs will do to that poor X23 lol).

I've actually been playing some MvC2, mostly to train my eyes, and its been a load of fun. Kinda wish I'd been good enough at fighting games to have played Crack2 when it was in its prime.
I actually thought that his avatar was just a cartoon picture of Sethlon himself lololol
Baaaahahahaha

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Sethlon: That team you are playing sounds sick. Im going to play Thor/Amertarsu/Sent to start. Might change my mind. About to get rid of these avatars and get a custom mvc3 1 made. Welcome to crack 3-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyQf4Un9bKM

Ps: When u coming back to houston?

Broly: Nice team. Are you going to play on the mvc3 pad thats coming out? Im not really feeling the artwork...

I redesigned my tournaments section and now have my own forums so if anybody wants to learn about mvc3 or other fighting games, feel free to join the tys community. Click Here to register.

Top Bottom