• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

Jake13

Smash Lord
yo homos

apparently ronnie doesn't have money for the tournament. (pawl needs 20 bucks in gas to break even driving his far away living *** over here)

why don't we player fund this lazy kid and get him down to a tourney?

if everyone throws down 2 bucks we have that and then some. but knowing that yall are like me and are liek "wtf y cant dis n00b get moniez"... well some people just aren't as lucky or pretty as the rest of us ;)

i don't expect everyone to even consider throwing down lol

i'll start off by throwing down five for this

also, ronnie i see you trolling right now

EDIT: chris i lost to that

Sybawave

Smash Ace
yo homos

apparently ronnie doesn't have money for the tournament. (pawl needs 20 bucks in gas to break even driving his far away living *** over here)

why don't we player fund this lazy kid and get him down to a tourney?

if everyone throws down 2 bucks we have that and then some. but knowing that yall are like me and are liek "wtf y cant dis n00b get moniez"... well some people just aren't as lucky or pretty as the rest of us ;)

i don't expect everyone to even consider throwing down lol

i'll start off by throwing down five for this

also, ronnie i see you trolling right now

EDIT: chris i lost to that
**** y'all lol how many times have I asked for this and no one agreed to it lol and I only asked for $6 in tollway money...

Pawls to the Wall

Smash Journeyman
I'm willing to contribute a to get him there as well, but he already owes me $75 for something else soooo somebody please help with the bulk of the cost.

Did someone say DoH and Wobbles are going? I don't see any reason why I can't get Rayzorium to go also.

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
I'm willing to contribute a to get him there as well, but he already owes me $75 for something else soooo somebody please help with the bulk of the cost.

Did someone say DoH and Wobbles are going? I don't see any reason why I can't get Rayzorium to go also.
It's $55.

And it's cool guys, I'm not going but thanks anyways.

I'll be at WHOBO for sure though.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I saw him post lol

Damit Ronnie, if you had came I would've MM'd youuuuuu. As opposed to just donating the money. Since that's what y'all had me do..****sssss

Paul, why isn't there ever a reason for Ray not to come? lol you should ask him to come each time >_<

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Test Your Skills Bar Fights 1 doors will open at 2:30. I want to tell everyone to be there on time cause im starting on time. We have to be out the venue by 8pm cause a party is coming in at 8:30. 1 main event is also confirmed in mvc2, Eric Vs Superduperkidd for 200$ Ft10. Spoke to the owner yesterday and he said just for the tournament 2:30-8 the kitchen will serve 50cent wings/21-up 2$ well drink draft beers. Bring setups so the tournaments can move fast. Mvc3 will be playable so if you want to test the game out before it comes out, you can 2morrow. Any question text/call me at 281-690-0315. See everyone 2morrow.

Jake13

Smash Lord
ok so ronnie is definitely coming with the help of the player fund.

he has 20 of the 38 dollars he needs. that means we need to raise 18 dollars.

im throwing down seven. five + the 2 dollars left over from my venue fee (out of a ten)
that only leaves 11 more dollars to get him into the tournament.

it's that easy folks, those paying venue fee with a ten please donate your extra 2 dollars to the ronnie fund. we only need 5 1/2 people!

... maybe the first five to donate don't have to play sideeffect first round in bracket... then again maybe not =P

Sybawave

Smash Ace
In that case I don't want to donate since I want to knock him out in R1.

If you're scared to play someone good at all then why even enter the tournament.

Also, $6 to me for toll road fee pl0x.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Lmfao yeah, so you told me the night before that you weren't going Kalo. I had a ride waiting for you and everything and if they couldn't I was going to pick you up xD

Y'all should contact people before the day of the tournament to get a ride otherwise it could be too late. It doesn't really matter that you've posted before the tournament the day off because most of us don't look at this thread. For example, Jake has to work until the tournament so he has no time to look at this. I'm out doing things with my friends most of the time on Saturday mornings or just sleeping until the day of the tournament. Only chance y'all have is to call us or tell us before hand.

I'm sorry Tree =/ had I known I would've most definitely came to get you. Really small not very organized tournament I think this time around lol we had like 8-10 people or something. Check in the results thread xD Thank you DoH

Shout outs.

Kevin you're getting a lot better lol it's good to see that you're harnessing the powah of the Falco. AKA most broken character in this game

Mike Did we even play?

Who was that other white guy? John who forgot his phone at Oscar's house lolololol Good games lol crazy good Luigi you have there considering how long you've been playing this game xD I'm surprised you can't take out Tarzan like that...or can you?

Who was the CHINese slanty eyed kid? Definitely don't remember his name fo sho. But keep learning that Samus *****aa lol I don't really have any more tricks to tell you about him =/ Remember this one for sure though, AirDodge Grapple. Here are a some really good Samus' to watch in tournament though, Wes, Hugs, IHaveSpaceBalls, anddd no one else comes to mind atm lol but those three are hella good with Samus.

Hate you Jake

Hate you Oscar

Hate you Paul

I got amazingly ***** by Wobbles xD I really wish I hadn't of SD'd my last stock lololol I got so scared you had no idea lolol the best part was that you weren't even near me >_< Ggs though lol those friendlies were fun. Nice lil Mario you have going there too lol

DoH T.T we didn't get to play lol we should most definitely do that next time we're in the same spot. Playing with people in general really wasn't crossing my mind at the time lol I just wanted to sleep but when I saw you and Paul playing, I really wanted to jump in to but then we had a tournament match =/ Congrats on winning the tournament big boi ;D

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO REMIND EVERYONE IN THE HOUSTON (ISH) AREA THAT IF YOU WANT TO FIND PEOPLE TO PLAY THEN PERHAPS YOU SHOULD THINK ABOUT POSTING YOUR INFORMATION UP SO THAT I CAN PUT IT IN THE OPENING POST WHERE SOME OF THE MORE ACTIVE HOUSTON PLAYERS INFORMATION ARE AT. JUST SAYIN'

COUGH TREE, WEMP, KEVIN, MIKE, SLANTY EYED KID, AND JOHN COUGH

And in other news, I'm going up to UT Austin this Thursday to Monday/Sunday. Would anyone like to come with me? You'd have to find your own housing somewhere though lol

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't directing that post at anyone here, mostly just fuming at my lame *** friend who said he had my ride covered weeks in advance and then due to some lame set of unexpected circumstances had to bail on me.

For anyone who doesn't have it, my cell number 7136285453, just text me and say who it is if you don't have it. Man I really wanted to go, I feel like I've gotten so much better in the last month and wanted to see how I stack up.

I think we're going to have a smashfest/Pound 5 stream watching party Friday/Saturday if anyone want to hit me up and come down to play. Not too many people like last time's 20 or so, but a few people should be fine. I think most people have the address, text me if you don't. We have three setups plus a monitor to watch the stream/record.

It'd also be cool if I could/meet play some of the people who I haven't gotten a chance to play yet.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Posted your info and I know it wasn't lol it's just that three of y'all had plans to come and didn't and I could've picked up 2 of them had they told me before hand xD although one of them did but they said no a few days before lol

But either way, people still love to tell people to pick them up the day of and that's just a little bit annoying.

I won't be here for that weekend T.T

Noc

Smash Journeyman
I think we're going to have a smashfest/Pound 5 stream watching party Friday/Saturday if anyone want to hit me up and come down to play. Not too many people like last time's 20 or so, but a few people should be fine. I think most people have the address, text me if you don't. We have three setups plus a monitor to watch the stream/record.
I'm interested. I think I'd mainly want to play since the livestream probly doesn't get really interesting until Sunday/Monday.

where's that ***** dilling with the videos!?!?!?!?
srsly can someone else get the recordings from him and upload?

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I thought that they said the videos are no longer existent now. Like something happened to them so they're just gone lol

Thanks Tree xD Jake and Oscar, go play with him. He's not that far away.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
lolwut.... I still have my hopes on vgbootcamp pooling through some how. The brawl TO said he would set up a stream using internet tethered from his 3G phone, maybe they can do something similar. Ah, but w/e melee all weekend is good enough.

Velox

Smash Ace
Tree, I assume you live in Cypress?

I live in downtown Houston but I frequent 290 in the weekends, I wouldn't mind playing you again sometime, just PM me, I could probably stop by and play for a few hours sometime.

(lol I know WEMP I was supposed to play you in similar fashion but never got around to it <<)

god I can't stop listening to "Gonna Fly Now"...

Velox

Smash Ace
Yeah yeah, I should be able to play this weekend. Our weekends have been distracted by weather and a halo tournament me and Luciano entered but I should be down for Friday.

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
So hows everyone doing here in houston? getting ***** as usual i suppose.... Ug this week going to be busy, Test on friday, and monday, smash on friday, and halo war on sunday!!! wooooooot

Velox

Smash Ace
So hows everyone doing here in houston? getting ***** as usual i suppose.... Ug this week going to be busy, Test on friday, and monday, smash on friday, and halo war on sunday!!! wooooooot
noob, I'm getting ***** by relativistic electrodynamics, I have a test on Wednesday and I'm going to get completely ****ed up. Four stocked.... four stocked.........

Get out of electric-anything while you still can.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Lol someone should clarify that again though for me <.< everyone else seemed to just ignore what I said. Especially the two who are usually with him cough Velox TSC cough.

Where has he even been anyway? I haven't heard form him in quite some time.

Top Bottom