• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

Nujabes

Smash Apprentice
we're going to be at max capacity, so if you were planning to have a bunch of other people come then we're going to be cutting it close

we have a one room garage apartment to use so it's going to be kind of cramped as it is

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
I got the message and just to kick your memory, you said before I go to TKD. I haven't gone to TKD yet and I still have an hour and ten minutes to follow through with your message's directions.

Are you serious? I invited 4 other people and 2 of them have friends coming too
wait for real?

Jake
Oscar
Chris
Luciano
Von
Mouf
Noc
Baka
+5 of us

that's at least 13 people in one room, how many people are actually going to be showing up :O

baka4moé

Smash Champion
ggs to everyone, good to see houston still has a community. since apparently theres gonna be a results thread, i'll post shoutouts later...

GRININ! my friend has misplaced his backpack and thinks he left it at your place. its a jansport bag, plad color, i think it's blue and purple? he thinks he left it in the corner of the room next to the bathroom; could you ask your friend to check there and let me know if he finds it please? if it is there, i'll let him know and he can pick it up sometime. thanks for this.

Nujabes

Smash Apprentice
ggs to everyone, good to see houston still has a community. since apparently theres gonna be a results thread, i'll post shoutouts later...

GRININ! my friend has misplaced his backpack and thinks he left it at your place. its a jansport bag, plad color, i think it's blue and purple? he thinks he left it in the corner of the room next to the bathroom; could you ask your friend to check there and let me know if he finds it please? if it is there, i'll let him know and he can pick it up sometime. thanks for this.
WE just look and we don't see any extra bags... well keep an eye open for it and tell ya if we find it.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
who won this?
Teams:
1. Slanty eyed kids (baka4moe+Sybawave)
2. Jake13+Oscar
3. TSC + Velox

Singles:
1. Oscar
2. Baka4moe
3. TSC

Good **** to everyone who showed up, and congrats to oscar for taking singles. I'll post full results tomorrow, and start uploading videos. See everyone next time at TYS 14 if not earlier...

Sybawave

Smash Ace
We got really bracket ****ed lol like hardcore. And he was hella tired </johns for Jake>

Baka is leeee mother effin git ^_^ slanty eyed kids ftwwwww sonnssssss that's how you play teams!

Also, I didn't mean to take someone's controller but it has an X carved into the back of a Silver Controller. I thought it was the one that Mouf was using at the time since it was next to my bag.

Lol....we just got done playing smash with Jake and Oscar xD Mouf and I are so dead tired T.T

Shout outs when I'm more awake xD

MT_

Smash Ace
LOL GO SLANTY EYED KIDSSsssSS!!!!!!!!!

LMFAO von wtf... beat Oscar and Jake when you team with some other slantyeyed kid and not with me........

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
wow when i got back home my eyes where so red.... funny how a smashfest with a 2-3day notice gets moire people than a tournament planned a month in advance.

Oscar: Daaaaaaaang soooon nice way to finish the tourney !:bee:

Sybawave: stop picking falcon, your marth probably would have recked me ( tooooooo gimpy), gj on teams.

jake: i saw ur baka matches... you were soooooo angry, next tiime bro =/

baka: omg your peach is sooo scary, one grab = death =(, glad to have played with you!! learned NEVER TO PICK FD AGAINST PEACH. maybe not even pick falcon lol. gg to ur friends as well, sorry had to play greg first =/, he recked me in brinstar!

velox: umadbro?

michaels team:::: me and chris's double jigs on temple wwas the funniest tourney match we have ever played, shoulda added items too.

Noc: didnt play you but as always saw ya recking soooon.

mouf: glad you are back, close matches, you peach dittos with baka were close, BAKA JUST TOO GOOD.

grinin: didnt play you much either, how did your matches go?????????

Pawls to the Wall

Smash Journeyman
Jake, If you woulda messaged back I might have tried to go for the late night friendlies! :( I figured since most people would have already gone it would be cool if I came. I'm having my own smashfest and NOBODY is invited. HAHAHA how do you like me now?

*cries in solitude*

In other news, I'm working on the vids now.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
wow when i got back home my eyes where so red.... funny how a smashfest with a 2-3day notice gets moire people than a tournament planned a month in advance.

Oscar: Daaaaaaaang soooon nice way to finish the tourney !:bee:

Sybawave: stop picking falcon, your marth probably would have recked me ( tooooooo gimpy), gj on teams.

jake: i saw ur baka matches... you were soooooo angry, next tiime bro =/

baka: omg your peach is sooo scary, one grab = death =(, glad to have played with you!! learned NEVER TO PICK FD AGAINST PEACH. maybe not even pick falcon lol. gg to ur friends as well, sorry had to play greg first =/, he recked me in brinstar!

velox: umadbro?

michaels team:::: me and chris's double jigs on temple wwas the funniest tourney match we have ever played, shoulda added items too.

Noc: didnt play you but as always saw ya recking soooon.

mouf: glad you are back, close matches, you peach dittos with baka were close, BAKA JUST TOO GOOD.

grinin: didnt play you much either, how did your matches go?????????
cool story bro

you played me and noc in teams thank you very much xD rainbow cruise too good. I played mouf first round winners, did better than I expected but w/e, then got matched up with velox AGAIN later in losers... we'll play more next time we have a fest or at TYS in january if we don't have one by then...

Going to post results thread now it should be up soon

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
cool story bro

you played me and noc in teams thank you very much xD rainbow cruise too good. I played mouf first round winners, did better than I expected but w/e, then got matched up with velox AGAIN later in losers... we'll play more next time we have a fest or at TYS in january if we don't have one by then...

Going to post results thread now it should be up soon
Hey if people dont know, they post videos here
http://www.youtube.com/user/Meleekids
tell michael to put the rest up.

DAMN RAINBOW CRUISE, THAT WAS SOO SMART XD

Sybawave

Smash Ace
That was a great smashfest guys lol we should definitely do that again some time ^_^

Thanks for hosting it too =p that's the biggest problem we've had lol no one can host a 10+ person smashfest at any of their houses.

I don't remember who all I played.

TSC - I don't care lol I need t get my Falcon ready for tournament anyway lol GG on wrecking me that last match though

Jake - Those matches were hella gay lol we should try next time xD and stop getting so depressed when you lose sonnnnn. It's not fun beating up a demoralized JakeXIII. Great matches in teams xD

MT_ - You weren't even at this why are you getting a spot in my shout outs? OH YEAH! Because this time I beat Jake and Oscar in teams with another slanty eyed kid! One that doesn't kill me at one of the most crucial moments in the battle with an Upsmash from behind while I'm holding onto a Captain Falcon...

Noc - lol....those jokes are always sooo funny. Oh and nice Gabeland > Knee kill on Velox lol that was hella tight.

Mouf - We didn't play at all

Baka3moe - lol hella good **** ^_^ we took teams!!!! xDDDD Peach is something bro lol good to see how much better you've gotten lol taking out Mouf and Jake =P I might switch to Peach to take Jake out next time. We should definitely smash more this break and the next few times you come down. SoCal training did you well lol although I'm not going to lie, just playing more in general does you well. I remember you saying that this last year was your first time in SoCal for college so all I have to say is, where the **** were you prior to that? In Houston? If so, why didn't you ever show up at any of the tournaments or something lol you would've gotten better regardless lol

SoCal still sucks. They ain't got nothing on anyone.

Velox - Did we even play? A few matches in the beginning lol I remember now xD we need to get more matches in next time =P

<.< I'm bad at learning names lol

I can't remember who all else I played right now lol

Good job to whoever it was that was using Dr. Mario on me ^_^ good matches lol remember to not waste your midair jump or else you'll get combo'd and/or gimped just like how I was doing with Jigglypuff. Oh and nice Flatzone matches lolololol Jiggs Bthrow > DrM Bthrow.

I can't remember who it was that I was playing with on the small TV for a really long time xD but good matches to you too!

Chris T - I didn't really get to play with you that much before my tournament matches started lol but good Link ^_^ you should post more often and get into the scene.

Other Slanty Eyed Kids who are related to one of the other Slanty Eyed Kids - Good matches lol Whoever was using sexy Peach aka Daisy, was doing well ^_^ learning that Falco match up more lol try to Smash DI the shines when you get by them so you go far left/right so I can't hit you with an easy dair and continue to combo you. There is also a certain place that Peach can Float that Falcon can't reach her with his lasers and he also has a hard time keeping her away from him when she approaches like that. Find out what that Height is and you'll be fine ^_^

I need to play with you yungin's more next time lol don't be afraid to ask me for a match. I noticed y'all didn't really talk to us while we were in our own little corner <.< next time just drop by and ask one of us for a match lol worst that can happen is we're going to say no but there are like 4 more of us that you can ask to play with lol and we want y'all better =P

All in all, awesome smashfest ^_^ we should get it to last longer next time though <.< would venue fee do it? xD

Velox

Smash Ace
Noc - lol....those jokes are always sooo funny. Oh and nice Gabeland > Knee kill on Velox lol that was hella tight.
You should have seen my friendlies with Noc. They were some of the most epic matches I've ever been a part of :D

Also this is Baka's second year in socal, he didn't play much when he was there his first year he told me.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Oh ok xD well it's a good thing that he's playing more often now lol keep it up

P.S. Zhu sucks and no one knows who MacD is therefore he also sucks...a lot

SoCal sucks

When were y'alll playing friendlies? Why don't we ever play lol

baka4moé

Smash Champion
All right shoutouts:

Oscar: ggs dude, my only john is that my face was itchy the entire gf, it was so distracting XD. 69% ftw. do you have a main?

TSC: umad bro. ya i think your falcon has what it takes, it just lacks exp in the match-up. lol falcon's supposed to **** peach w/ his combos. fyi, i've been told battlefield is a great cp since the platforms are at perfect height for combos. since you live in sugarland, hit me up when you wanna smash.

Mouf: ggs man, our matches were hella close. good to see you're coming back to the scene. lol didn't expect you to wanna do the dittos tho. we still need to do those mms!

Velox: nice seeing you/talking to you again. i watched some of your matches and was rooting for you :), even though i wasn't very vocal about it lol. when did you say you were leaving?

Jake13: ggs man, you're a really chill guy to hang around. i was sooo nervous during that last game in our set, geez i got lucky..but honestly dude you ****, hope to play you again in the future. gl at pound, tell me stories when you get back! :)

Noc: ggs dude, your falcon's pretty good

Siba: nice job in teams man, you were a great teammate! its good to see you're nicer irl than online :p. As for getting better, i definitely think i got way better from socal training than all of the time i spent playing in houston. Sure there's ppl here that are better than me, but just playing them isn't enough. In socal I really got some quality peach-specific training (match-ups, stages, etc.) that i honestly think i couldn't get in houston. I still got a loong way to go though. If you remember Chris T, i often play at his house; that's how i played velox and tsc in friendlies earlier. Ya im up for smash sometime before i leave, we'll see how things go. And lol, never heard of macd but you capitalized the correct letters XD

Grinin & Crew: thanks so much for hosting, i'm sure everyone had an awesome time! Please please please keep playing melee, houston needs some new recruits to keep the game alive in this city. yall will get better with practice :) OH and nujabes (michael?) i recall seeing a backpack to the right of the recording tv, next to the bathroom. Are you sure that wasn't the one i'm looking for? :(

MT: dude you're getting a second shoutout for a tourney you didn't attend! lol hope to play you before i leave, we gotta do our money match ;)

Maybe we could do something similar within the next couple weeks?

Velox

Smash Ace
Velox: nice seeing you/talking to you again. i watched some of your matches and was rooting for you :), even though i wasn't very vocal about it lol. when did you say you were leaving?
heh, I hope you were watching the right ones :D I had some epic fail matches mixed in with some hilarious/epic matches, it's all I can ask for. Thank's for the support though :D I'm leaving essentially immediately after christmas, but if I end up at Luciano's this week (it's very possible) we'll definitely have to play again!

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I've been busy uploading lots of videos. I thinks] there's around 10 or 11 up already, I'm hoping to finish uploading singles and MMs tonight, and I'll get around to doing doubles tomorrow.

All the videos will be uploaded to this channel. I'm slowly compiling them in order into a playlist. I should have everything finished by tomorrow.

Just a bit faster than Derek, huh? xD Then again, I guess I'm a lot less busy, but hey, no johns.

EDIT: If you see any discrepancies in any of the matches/titles/etc please let me know so I can fix it. Also Jake and or Mouf, you guys had a MM and a tourney set recorded and I'm not positive which is which, so if you can look over them and see if you can tell which is which that would be great.

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
heh, there is absolutely no reason

heh, I hope you were watching the right ones :D I had some epic fail matches mixed in with some hilarious/epic matches, it's all I can ask for. Thank's for the support though :D I'm leaving essentially immediately after christmas, but if I end up at Luciano's this week (it's very possible) we'll definitely have to play again!
Il be in venezuela from the 21 to like maybe the 3,4,5 of january, il let u know when i come back.

Jake13

Smash Lord
Grinin: me n mouf had a tourney match pach/falco

Then me and baka had a mm and tourney set peach/falco

And they play the same color! The set wi/mouf was 2-0 him, the mm w/ baka was 2-0 me, and the tourney set w baka was 2-1 baka

Shoutz later

baka4moé

Smash Champion
naw dude, i use green, i think mouf uses default...eww i would never use any other color lol :)

hey syba are you going to the dallas tourney next week? theres a decent chance im going, and if so, wanna team again? :D

also tsc, i leave on the 1st :( haha that means if you wanna play we gotta play today or tomorrow <.<

Velox

Smash Ace
TSC said:
Il be in venezuela from the 21 to like maybe the 3,4,5 of january, il let u know when i come back.
Dude, Venezuela?, you'll never make it back!

Just remember, if they interrogate you everything's a cool story.

Jbunk423

Smash Rookie
The matches recorded between me and Jake were tournament matches, not for money. Shoutouts later, I gotta go to work :( Fun fest guys, Baka I would like to play you again before you go back to socal.

Edit: And I use default peach. Occasionally white peach.

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Dude, Venezuela?, you'll never make it back!

Just remember, if they interrogate you everything's a cool story.
bro i know i have to wear red and keep telling them how much i love chavez and that america is a bunch of imperialistic *******s. Thats how i survive the trip =/

naw dude, i use green, i think mouf uses default...eww i would never use any other color lol :)

hey syba are you going to the dallas tourney next week? theres a decent chance im going, and if so, wanna team again? :D

also tsc, i leave on the 1st :( haha that means if you wanna play we gotta play today or tomorrow <.<
yeah actually im not even sure i will be able to play before then, maybe on monday but it will have to be early like from like 12-5, but il let you know il text you baka =D.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
Grinin: me n mouf had a tourney match pach/falco

Then me and baka had a mm and tourney set peach/falco

And they play the same color! The set wi/mouf was 2-0 him, the mm w/ baka was 2-0 me, and the tourney set w baka was 2-1 baka

Shoutz later
I know which one is mouf, however you have two sets recorded with baka with the same tags and colors but different stages and I can't tell which is the mm and which is the tourney set.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
grinin all the matches on your channel are accurate so far except mouf/jake's tourney match isnt a mm, thats it. for me/jake, the one with cruise is the tourney match, the other is the mm.

tsc actually 12-5 tomorrow would be great lol, i have to be somewhere at 5:30 so that's good. we could either play at my house or chris t's house (link player), cause he said if we meet up he wants in too. my house is preferred tho since i don't have a car, unless you don't might picking me up and then driving to chris t's house afterward lol.

jake i'll pm you my number, make sure to respond with yours too. i can't drive anywhere tho, so you'd have to come to my house, which might be kinda far, as i live in richmond/rosenburg...if i end up doing something with tsc/chris t tomorrow, you could join that, or you could come over sometime after 8pm today...when you decide on something let me know, i'll pm you whichever address it's at.

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
grinin all the matches on your channel are accurate so far except mouf/jake's tourney match isnt a mm, thats it. for me/jake, the one with cruise is the tourney match, the other is the mm.

tsc actually 12-5 tomorrow would be great lol, i have to be somewhere at 5:30 so that's good. we could either play at my house or chris t's house (link player), cause he said if we meet up he wants in too. my house is preferred tho since i don't have a car, unless you don't might picking me up and then driving to chris t's house afterward lol.

jake i'll pm you my number, make sure to respond with yours too. i can't drive anywhere tho, so you'd have to come to my house, which might be kinda far, as i live in richmond/rosenburg...if i end up doing something with tsc/chris t tomorrow, you could join that, or you could come over sometime after 8pm today...when you decide on something let me know, i'll pm you whichever address it's at.
kk il let u know if il go, pm me ur address.

Top Bottom