• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

baka4moé

Smash Champion
ggs to everyone that showed up.

vic we barely got to play :( i wanted to play you more..so i could show you how much better i got ;) lol jk jk. have fun at purdue man.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
DoH missed the memo about the vids not being available anymore lolololol

But yeah they are gone now <.< at least that's what I heard. Or were you just being sarcastic Velox?

MT_

Smash Ace
This vids thing is becoming a real issue. It's very irresponsible for a TO to record videos and not upload them after two months. There is really no excuse. If you don't want to upload videos, then don't record them; recording them comes with the unspoken promise that the matches will be uploaded, ESPECIALLY when players (like DoH) have volunteered their help to make sure that matches are recorded.

Dilling, if you're too lazy to upload videos then so be it, but next tournament don't promise us videos and not upload them until 2+ months later.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Yeah, I mean school has long since been out for you now. So there should have at least been some action concerning the videos by this time. You could have given the videos to someone else and let them upload it for you too.

Broly

Smash Lord
i be mad. wheres my crew battle video. /tear.

Yo guys, alotta people here are a little sketchy on going to Oh Snap and would rather go to tys 14. it still is an option to go to oklahoma if the majority of people wants to go. its up to you guys.

Broly

Smash Lord
alright. who of houston will ride with me in my van to oklahoma? as of now, i think me, fro, herby and cloud are willing to travel that far. if we can get up to 10 peeps in van, we'll make the trip w/ $30 each for gas. it should make it with 300 for gas in total. i wanna go, but i need ppl to confirm goin with us.

Jake13

Smash Lord
who's driving? are there seats in the van? can we smoke on the way? are we only going for the day? do we have housing? can i bring board games and hot coco?

^ these are all things i need to know before i commit

edit: good **** to everyone at the smashfest yesterday! tbomb we didn't play much but i can tell you got better. baka staying legit. tirno you've gotten a lottttt better. aznz who's house it was at: thanks guys!

purp

Broly

Smash Lord
ill work on the housing starting tomorrow. if cloud goes, no smoking, sorry. maybe you can duuring stops. we got herby, fro and if mikey goes, to drive. i cant guurantee you'll get a seat, but ill try to get ppl to rotate. im pretty sure we going for the day only. monoply bro.

Jake13

Smash Lord
if you'll make smoking stops on the way then I'm down, if think it'd be better if we stayed the night of the tourney or got there a day early (a rested smasher is a better smasher... and driver too lol) but yeah. I'm down.

As far as monopoly, you and I both know the banker always cheats!

Tirno

Smash Journeyman
So I was thinking of driving to OK with MT and Jake, but if they're cool with it, I'm interested in the van thing. Will I have to be in Houston or Austin, or does it not matter?

Broly

Smash Lord
id like to have everyone meet somewhere in h-town. also guys, just remember 10 is the limit. i already got 5 including myself from rgv going. jake, mouf, and now tirno makes it 8. those who are interested after the 10 have been confirmed still have a chance because vash/cloud are maybes.

Anyways, Merry Xmas fools

MT_

Smash Ace
I'm confirmed for Dallas; Baka, get ready to team with me!

Anyone gonna be not hungover enough to play tomorrow?? I haven't played in a while and I need to warmup for Dallas lol

baka4moé

Smash Champion
ggs pawl, you got a sick ganon dude. hope you're a bit more comfortable with the peach matchup now.

who is going to dallas tomorrow?

Jbunk423

Smash Rookie
Okay it's confirmed, I got saturday and sunday off. I am for sure going to this Oklahoma tournament and it's gonna be the bomb diggity **** stain. Houston peeps, join me.

Broly

Smash Lord
all right guys, i got us housing. it might be a tight squeeze, but bring pillows and blankets, cos theres no beds. this trip will happen. =]

MT_

Smash Ace
I think I'm probably gonna go but not ride with you guys. I have to be in Austin afterwards and I'm assuming you guys are just going to stop through Houston. Austin is out of the way.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
I think Texas should have its own melee power rankings. lol it would promote competition too, now that the melee scene is starting to get back together, at least compared to like a year ago.

Top Bottom