• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

Nujabes

Smash Apprentice
:(...... soooooo who are all the people going to philips (grinin)?

syba
noc
tsc
velox
baka
jake?
nujabes?
?
?

hey baka bring ur friends!!!!!!

chris wana call philip? maybe schiling as well ;)

Luciano, don't invite anymore people, my mom doesn't even know all these people are coming yet...

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Y'all would get ***** by him lol and I know xD took him out of tournament twice before <.< he was one of the first people I played lol it was at Bebobli's second Sinkning man tournament which was my first tournament ever =P

baka4moé

Smash Champion
oi oi i'm not promising anything about the results of the mms, don't wanna disappoint anyone, but thanks for the compliment velox :).

ah broly you intrigue me too, i've heard about you and hope to play you someday.

tsc, cool story bro LOL

lol syba i hope you're not pulling that out of your butt since i don't ever remember playing you in tourney ever. i do remember playing you in some friendlies at timerbomb's birthday thing though. i just might have terrible memory, but i also only remember only going to bebo's first sinking man tourney, didnt even know he had a second...

Sybawave

Smash Ace
That's the second tournament I took you out of. Last fight was on Corneria. I actually can't remember if it was A-F or that sinking tournament xD it was one of those. I know we've fought twice. Or maybe it was some other slanty eyed kid who played Peach as well <.< But none really come to mind lol

Timerbomb had Fox/Falco
Bacon had Jiggs/Ganon/ and I actually think that he might've been the other Peach that I played <.< y'all look really alike too lol so it may have been him at the 2nd Sinking man tournament.

Ok, great lol I know we fought at Tbs Bday party. That's a for sure. That place was hella cold <.< I did not like it lol

Jake13

Smash Lord
aight yo if its too many ppl at the fest tmrw i'll sit out. which means oscar will sit out too

no biggie

edit: SHIIIIIT we got a lot of ppl viewing the thread.

i see you tarzan, noc and syba!

tarzan: buy your ticket for Pound, i wanna get the room soon.

noc: sorry that we left funplex before we gave you directions to caine's! they kicked us out into the cold anyway.

von: your still smelly, and quite possibly even more azn than ever

baka4moé

Smash Champion
wait how many setups are there gonna be? if there's like 3 thats enough for at least 7-8 people right? thespis i want to play you tomorrow XD get our mms over with, i enjoy playing ppl who are better than me :)

grinin don't worry i'm not bringing any of my friends, they all have plans for friday already. it'll just be me.

syba so i remember now, i really didnt play you in tourney. bebo's second tourney i lost to mouf and forkgirl. and i didn't go to A-F. so yeah, maybe you played void or bacn or something..

EDIT: velox lol it never ends!

Sybawave

Smash Ace
lmao best slanty eyed kid in town.

Wow...Noc you should've called one of us lol

Why don't we just not invite the n00bs. Grinin, you're no longer allowed to come <3 same to you TSC

Yeah, it was definitely a slanty eyed kid that so Bacon most likely. But we did definitely play in tournament at Tbs Bday party. Fought TSC, his friend, some random white kid that showed up, lost to Mouf, fought you, lost to Tarzan for some reason. How that ever happened I will never know.

If someone comes over to my houseeee I can bring another TV <.< I really don't want to lug that thing into the car on my own.

Nujabes

Smash Apprentice
Here is our head count atm:

Noc
Jake
Oscar
Velox
TSC
Syba
Baka
Phil (?)
Me
Grinin
Then our friends....

Any others?????????

And jake you're good we were planning on yall to come, just tell me if any more people are being invited....

Sybawave

Smash Ace
That's already 10 people...we just ****ing blew half the Hobos we've ever had away with a smashfest in turnout xDDDD

Why don't we have a small little tournament at this smashfest? I'd be up for that. $2 entry fee? 2-3 get money back 1 take the rest?

Jbunk423

Smash Rookie
lmao best slanty eyed kid in town.

Wow...Noc you should've called one of us lol

Why don't we just not invite the n00bs. Grinin, you're no longer allowed to come <3 same to you TSC

Yeah, it was definitely a slanty eyed kid that so Bacon most likely. But we did definitely play in tournament at Tbs Bday party. Fought TSC, his friend, some random white kid that showed up, lost to Mouf, fought you, lost to Tarzan for some reason. How that ever happened I will never know.

If someone comes over to my houseeee I can bring another TV <.< I really don't want to lug that thing into the car on my own.
Lol.

So I requested the 8th off. I'm definitely going to this next tournament so I expect to see some of yall there for this *** beatin.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I thought that that was going to be a RickRoll...it was kind of llol but I actually like this one <.< what a failed attempt at geeks trying to be cool lmfao

Anyway Mouf, do you want to come to this thing tomorrow? If so then meet me by over my house and I shall take you there.

WTF are you still doing posting in this thread? NO BRAWL KIDS ALLOWED! GTFO JDUNK

Jbunk423

Smash Rookie
Sorry Von, I work tomorrow plus I got girls to bang and smack to shoot up and brawl to play so my schedule is gonna be pretty packed.

Edit: Also I do remember playing Baka. He's a good peach..........he ain't no mouf tho

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
I thought that that was going to be a RickRoll...it was kind of llol but I actually like this one <.< what a failed attempt at geeks trying to be cool lmfao

Anyway Mouf, do you want to come to this thing tomorrow? If so then meet me by over my house and I shall take you there.

WTF are you still doing posting in this thread? NO BRAWL KIDS ALLOWED! GTFO JDUNK
umad?

Nujabes

Smash Apprentice
That's already 10 people...we just ****ing blew half the Hobos we've ever had away with a smashfest in turnout xDDDD

Why don't we have a small little tournament at this smashfest? I'd be up for that. $2 entry fee? 2-3 get money back 1 take the rest?
this could be arranged...

$1 venue fee to bribe my mom with to let us have more stuff like this in the future xD

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Damit lol I don't want to go aloneeeeee

Actually I might be able to bring one of my friends <.< I didn't think about that.

Lmao we all know good and well that that venue money is not going to your mother xD biggest bull**** I've ever seen in my life.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
Sorry Von, I work tomorrow plus I got girls to bang and smack to shoot up and brawl to play so my schedule is gonna be pretty packed.

Edit: Also I do remember playing Baka. He's a good peach..........he ain't no mouf tho
LOL i really like this response, brawl ftw?. But hey mouf don't count me out just yet. Though I can't say how i am relative to others in houston, i'd like to think i've improved at least a little bit since 2 years ago, i've been getting some advice from some good players recently.

aight syba i'll take your word for it, i guess it's like a whole new thing though since a lot can change in a couple years, you and me both. if we mm though i still want you to stick with one character, cause im using peach all the way, and agreeing to a tourney match can only hurt me. if you want we can do 2 $1 mms. woo artificial hype.

oh man mini tourney would be really cool! lol one giant round robin, then 4 man bracket? XD

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Why would it be a 4 man bracket? We have 12 players lol it'd be a 12 man bracket.

Bigger than a considerable number of tournaments that we've had. This would be just a normal tournament xD just a really short notice one.

Yeah, 2 years can change a lot <.< and it depends if I lose the first one xD I really don't like the idea of being stuck to one character the entire time. Why would it hurt you though?

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
Hey what's the plan for set ups?

There are 2 there (1 cap card)
I can bring 1 system hopefully a tv as well
Jake can bring 1 cube(?)
Noc 1 system+tv

who else??

baka4moé

Smash Champion
oh, i figured we could do a giant pool first, then top 4 get out, so everyone gets a play a lot. although, if we had the time for it, we could do 2 pools of six (or 3 of 4), just to seed the brackets, then have a 12 man bracket. it would hurt me since i'm sticking to one character, so during counterpicks you get to pick a stage thats bad for me and good for your alt, while if i pick a stage you could switch to an alt that isnt disadvantaged for my cp. either way for cps i'd be at a bigger disadvantage than you.

lol grinin no kidding we do need tvs :/

Sybawave

Smash Ace
You don't have to stay one character lol

I can bring a cube and if god willing maybe a TV but it'll be a big one <.< and I'm asian sized so it'll be difficult for me to carry it.

Jake13

Smash Lord
Lol if we have a giant wound robin there would be no need for a bracket, unless y'all just want mad hype

I'm pretty stoked, what time is everyone showing up?

I get off werk at 2 so I can be there whenever

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I'm going to show up at around 10 PM or 8 PM depending on if I take a shower or not. It depends on how hyped I get for this ****tt llol right now if the fest had been today I'd be there at 8 xD

**** this weekend is going to be so funnnnnn

I think we should just do a normal Double Bracket. We've done smaller double brackets before.

Teams should be round robin though. Too bad I don't have a viable team pardner T.T

Baka and I could team for second or maybe even first by taking out Jake and Oscar lol and that was my way of asking if you'd like to team Baka xD if we have teams that is.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
lol sure if there's teams i'll team with you, tho i think you should come as early as possible so we could practice, melee > being smelly lol. wouldn't bringing an extra set of clothes suffice? XD also, i have to leave at like around midnight, so again 8 wud be better so i can be at the whole tourney..also yeah even if i dont have to, i'm staying one character, and since my money's on the line, i'd like to defer the mm to convention.
i hope to be there between 5 to 6, have a doctors appointment at 330, don't know how long that'll take..
EDIT: if we just do a bracket, i'd like it seeded..don't wanna go 0-2 for silly reasons.

EDIT again: syba, as a disclaimer, i'm not as good in doubles as i am in singles though..

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Well compared to everyone who is going to be there you're the next best choice xD there's a dynamic gap between Jake Oscar and me. And since you were able to beat TSC who was probably the next best person that was going to be there then yeah...not really a choice ^_^ or a better one than you unless Oscar wants to finally win something and decides to team with me rather than Jake.

Jake13

Smash Lord
Lol if I get luciano you can take oscar =P

The tourney is pretty even between old n new players. I could make a bracket right now with the expected list lol the seeding function with .tio isn't really necessary :)

But yeah, I'm hyped

Nujabes

Smash Apprentice
Lol if I get luciano you can take oscar =P

The tourney is pretty even between old n new players. I could make a bracket right now with the expected list lol the seeding function with .tio isn't really necessary :)

But yeah, I'm hyped
There are 6 new players,

Lol is this a fest or a tourni? a cant tell anymore

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
Okay we need to figure out a schedule, when will everyone be there? It would be best if everyone could get there by 6:00, but that doesn't seem all that realistic? It'd be something like this:

3:00 PM - We get there, open up the venue start setting up our stuff
3:00-10:00 PM - This is a huge gap, but I'm pretty sure everyone will be here by this time

Registration would have to wait 'til everyone gets there, so syba may end up holding up everything for the rest of us xD

I'd say 8:00-9:00 we take a break to go out to get something to eat, there's a bunch of places near by in the village area.

we can figure it out as we go but I just want a general idea.

People who are bringing set ups so far:
2 set ups at the venue
Noc - TV + System
Jake - System
Me - TV + cube + wii
Syba - cube maybe tv

anyone else?

Jake13

Smash Lord
lol my bad, i'm just thinkin since there are so many players everyone will want an impromptu tourney. and then me mentioning it makes it super un-impromptu? haha so f**** it iono what im talkin about anymore

i'm hella happy for just a fest

editttt:

good plan on going out to eat :) i know ima need a bbreak for sure

and von you hold up everything. you're worse than tarzan. scrub.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Play all the matches before I get there that you possibly can xD seriously though, I might just skip what I have to do and just go to the smashfest. Ughh...I wish they didn't move the time back. It's from 5:45 to 7 and I don't know how long it'll take me to get over there so <.< it could be earlier than 8 lol by like 30 minutes.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
^okay

and Jake, there's a ton of places to eat near by, there's a Buffalo Wild wings in like 5 min walking distance.

My one rule is ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL AT THE HOUSE, I'd prefer if there was no drinking to begin with tbh, but I'm not going to stop you if you want to, as long as you don't take it back, if you do and mike's mom finds out say goodbye to any future fests, period. That's directed at everyone btw.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
yeah, that's cool, I pretty much knew that already, I just wanna set it straight before we have any mishaps and get smashers banned forever. xD

Top Bottom