• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

Sybawave

Smash Ace
yeah late break sucks
I can't even go to "don't go down there jeff" because my break starts so late

and yeah i play jeremy a lot over here loll. I'd like to think he's improving quite a bit
xD finally he might be able to beat me ^_^ it's been years since that's happened lol Jeremy also taught me too well back then =P I really want to see some tournament matches of him lol has he been going to any or is school taking too much time up?

And Hbox is going to that tournament lol **** that. He's just going to do his thing and rest everyone to 1st unless M2k and/or Professor Urine attends <.<

Jeremy will be here for one of your tournaments though so hopefully he'll be able to attend that and get him some real Texan experience ^_^ won't be much because everyone here suckssss.

Okay guys lemme make a few things clear:

Syba: I don't even own brawl. I played it for a couple of weeks with my roommates then had to give it back. I've never entered a brawl tournament, I just played it for a little bit. I still wreck, ask Paul (although we don't usually get to play much when he comes down). Syba, I am going to **** you harder than its ever been thought possible for these brawl comments. I'm a busy man and don't get to play melee too often but I still and always will wreck.

Broly: I think you still wake up in the middle of the night in cold sweats, having nightmares about getting up thrown - fair'd by my awe inspiring DK. Enjoy your victories while they last sir.

I am accepting MM's from anyone in houston or RGV who think I've gotten rusty. Specifically Donkey Kong MM's. Maybe I'll just go all DK next tournament to show you dudes what's up.

(most definitely won't go all DK)
LOLOLOLOL you can't beat me. You taught me too well lol I'll run circles around you xD and are you sure that you don't want to use DK?? He's probably the best character you have now compared to that trashy Falco and Peach.

And since I KNOW that you've gotten rusty, $5 MM tournament settings. But if you really want to use DK against me go for it lol but you might as well put the $5 in my hands to speed up the process.

I will post the results thread with the full bracket shortly. Thanks to everyone who continues to support test your skills series. The next one is jan 8 so train up everybody...

Brolly: Good **** in ssf4 and melee. Nice seeing you clean some clocks =]. Will give my shoutouts in the results thread...
Awesome, I can't wait to post those up =P

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Awesome, I can't wait to post those up =P
Results thread is up-> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=293462. Im going to start promo early so we can get a good turnout so I will be creating tys 14 thread shortly. I want melee to break 30 players at this event. I also would like to see a main event go down. Anybody have any grudges or want to mm, let me know so we can hype this up. I would like to do some sidebets;)

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I don't think that we're going to have a particularly big turn out honestly since the OK tournament is right around the corner from that weekend. And 30+ at a monthly would be insane in any state. But let's see what we can do. We really need those trashy LA players to come around and see what's up.

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
I know I'll be there Jan 8. I doubt I'm going to OK, seeing as I don't really have time to drive up there and find a place to stay just to get last place, and on a school week no less. xD But hey, you never know, I'm not going to rule anything out.

In the mean time, finals this week, then winter break. Who wants to come smash at our place?

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
I don't think that we're going to have a particularly big turn out honestly since the OK tournament is right around the corner from that weekend. And 30+ at a monthly would be insane in any state. But let's see what we can do. We really need those trashy LA players to come around and see what's up.
Whens the OK tournament? wut tournaments yal plannin to go next? im bored this whole break and need something to look forward to lol. anyone wana do a smashfest this or next week?

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
I think you all can do it. Tournament attendance is driven by hype. Hobo 17/Ban Metaknight xyro had over 100+ registered players because of the hype that was built in the thread. It makes people wonder what is going to happen at that tournament and I would like to be apart of it. If you all can get some hype going, i wouldnt be surpirsed if you can break 30 people. When i create the tys 14 thread, hype the living **** out of it and see what happens. Trust me, it works.:cool:

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Oh well if there is a lot of hype for the HOBO itself then we can probably make a decent turn out but people will have to know about melee being a side event first. I wouldn't mind taking money form all of those kids =P

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
Whens the OK tournament? wut tournaments yal plannin to go next? im bored this whole break and need something to look forward to lol. anyone wana do a smashfest this or next week?
Luciano, come over this week, finals are this week but the weekend should be good.

Syba, we're in town right next to the Rice University campus not too far from UoH, it's not hard to find and if you want to come I can give you directions.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
I know I'll be there Jan 8. I doubt I'm going to OK, seeing as I don't really have time to drive up there and find a place to stay just to get last place, and on a school week no less. xD But hey, you never know, I'm not going to rule anything out.

In the mean time, finals this week, then winter break. Who wants to come smash at our place?
Hi, I'm in town visiting my family for the break, and I was wondering if I could attend your smashfest if/when you host one? I could probably bring a setup as well.. It'd be really nice to see both new and familiar faces.

Also mouf, if we ever cross paths again i'd like to mm your dk and falco! I think (hope) i've improved at least a little bit since I last went to a houston tourney, which was like 2 years ago lol. Actually, i'm up for mming anyone while i'm here, though only for like $1-2, so i can get more sets in before going broke haha.

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Hi, I'm in town visiting my family for the break, and I was wondering if I could attend your smashfest if/when you host one? I could probably bring a setup as well.. It'd be really nice to see both new and familiar faces.

Also mouf, if we ever cross paths again i'd like to mm your dk and falco! I think (hope) i've improved at least a little bit since I last went to a houston tourney, which was like 2 years ago lol. Actually, i'm up for mming anyone while i'm here, though only for like $1-2, so i can get more sets in before going broke haha.
bro hell yeah u can go, sweet, the more people the better :bee:

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
^that'd be cool, more set ups are always good for sure. I'm not sure what the plan is since it's not actually my house, but I'll post an update once I know what we're doing.

MT_

Smash Ace
I'm gonna be interested in attending these said smashfests, but not this week since I'll be snowboarding, hells yea!

Jbunk423

Smash Rookie
Syba: You got it, 5$ 3/5 MM. I'll use whoever I please.

Baka: Wassup dude, yeah we can do a 5$ MM as well

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Lmfao I remember Baka xD $2 Tournament set

Friday counts as the weekend...and last time I could've gone but someone decided to stop the smashfest at like 10 PM...seriously what the **** lol who does that? Smashfest to 4 AM pl0x

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
last few times we've played to around 3am or so, though I remember one week the guy whose house we use had to leave and so everyone got kicked out early. xD

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Oh, then it was that week lol but yeah I'll make that mess at like 8 PM or somewhere around there or it'll be like 10 if I take a shower xD in that case yeahhhhh this Friday let's dooo itttttt

Actually, I just remembered that this weekend may actually start Friday night <.< I'll have to make a few calls see what's going on lol but yeah you should have one regardless. Not like you needed me to tell you that but yeah anywayyyyyy

Smashfest Friday?

Have we ever even played?

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
nah I don't think we have, I was at TYS, but had to leave early because my ride had to leave otherwise we would have probably played some games

I definitely want to have a fest friday, I just need to get everything sorted out, I'll get back to you guys on that later this week.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I stopped posting in the other forums when I got this post count lol and you know that it doesn't count posts in social rooms anymore right? So all of the posts in here are like completely nothing otherwise my post count would literally be like over 9000 llololol

Broly

Smash Lord
i really doubt rgv can make it to TYS 14 since we kinda wanna go to the OK tourny. its one or the other and ill know more later this month.

mouf- ill mm your dk or falco for 10. 3/5

Sybawave

Smash Ace
If I remember correctly, Moof is the one who took out your Marth in tournament at one of the Hobos xDD this ought to be fun to see ^_^ then again Jthunk is all rusty and stuff. Probably be an easy lunch.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
so it turns out i leave the weekend before tys14 :( so if anyone wants to do mms itll have to be at a smashfest. hype i guess? syba sure name your character ill take you on. mouf, ive been doin well, hope you have too; i said $2 is the limit though, so we could do two $2 mms if you want. anyone else? i wanna play serious against the houston community and see how things are nowadays ;)

anway ya friday afternoonish would be great let me know when you sort things out.

Jake13

Smash Lord
i'll take you for $2 v my falco and falcon and $1 v my fox :)

also, if you're just getting up this early, props.

if you're just going to bed, shame.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Shut the **** up Jake...I was busy doing that P90X thing T.T my arms burn like a ***** lol I feel sooo swoll thoughhhh

Tournament style MM. You know how that works. I love how everyone just jumped on his money lol

baka4moé

Smash Champion
syba, if you're so confident about taking my money, name a character. thats normally how mms work, at least from what i've seen. doing a full tournament set can only hurt me....

mt and thesipis(jake?) sure, though thespis, if i get owned hard the first match i'll probably not want to do the other two lol. the reason i'm willing to put money on the line is cause i'm curious how the houston community's gotten, hope to see if they still ****, and friendlies probably won't cut it. so, if i get destroyed mm1, i'll probably stop. if it's pretty close though, i'm up for the other two :)

Sybawave

Smash Ace
syba, if you're so confident about taking my money, name a character. thats normally how mms work, at least from what i've seen. doing a full tournament set can only hurt me....

mt and thesipis(jake?) sure, though thespis, if i get owned hard the first match i'll probably not want to do the other two lol. the reason i'm willing to put money on the line is cause i'm curious how the houston community's gotten, hope to see if they still ****, and friendlies probably won't cut it. so, if i get destroyed mm1, i'll probably stop. if it's pretty close though, i'm up for the other two :)
I'm pretty confident but doing a MM that way was always just dumb in my opinion. And no one's ever declined a tournament set MM from me before. A tournament match is just another MM. Money is on the line for both players if they win/lose, so why should a MM be any different from a tournament match?

tarzan come play with me
Tarzan never has a ride anywhereeeee. Just tell me how far you can travel though and I can let you in on when we play in this area.

Lol that's straight. Yeah its jake, have we met? Your name is throwing me for a loop
You've played him an incredibly long time ago before. Before I was even on the scene lol It was at Bebobli's first tournament of Cavemen sinking on a ship. You might've even played him at that other tournament at that Play N Trade up north. It was like A-F or something. I remember a bunch of slanty eyed kids being at that tournament.

Jbunk423

Smash Rookie
i really doubt rgv can make it to TYS 14 since we kinda wanna go to the OK tourny. its one or the other and ill know more later this month.

mouf- ill mm your dk or falco for 10. 3/5
How about we just do a 3/5 whatever characters for 10$? Cause I need counterpicks if I do DK, unless you wanna do straight up marth vs DK in which case GET ***** SON

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
Smashfest on Friday is confirmed. Bring set ups if you can, especially TVs if we plan on having more than 6 people show up. Let's hype up these mms, maybe you guys can do it this Friday and we'll record them.

So yeah, let me know if you're coming on here and text me at 713-628-5453 for the directions/address

Top Bottom