• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread (Go to the Other One!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
DV8 is a cool guy. Sadly I don't have enough room for a smashfest anymore. Would if I could. Definitely will attend if someone hosts one though!

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Yo clueless, Iv never played you bbefore, we should get together and play.
Les do it. I need all the falco I can get, I need work in that matchup. Wanna come to my place? I just bought a nice 36" crt.

So let's have a fest Saturday night, that'd be best. If nobody else can host, I'll gladly do it. However, the reason why it would be limited is cuz my daughter will be sleeping upstairs and I know how noisy smashers can be. Who knows, maybe I can get her and her mom to stay at a friend's house...doubtful.

QraQ

Smash Ace
so im doing this from my phone right now cause i haven't found the time to get to wifi or a friend's comp for a while.
i would appreciate a smashfest while im back in town, preferably saturday night. id rather melee more than brawl but im down for some brawl too.
if yall figure something out tell mouf or text me at 9402320542.
thanks guys

-DV8

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Bear was beating people in the Brawl tournament with Game and Watch........ and these are people that play the game alot.

Brawl has no learning curve lol.

QraQ

Smash Ace
Where were you before when we had our tournament? And where does he live?
i live in alief.
11610 stroud dr
did we figure what time it would be?
well whoever can give me a ride text me at 9402320542 with the specifics.
peace

Esca

Smash Champion
Bear was beating people in the Brawl tournament with Game and Watch........ and these are people that play the game alot.

Brawl has no learning curve lol.
You are completely right, sir.

But I have a question... If the game is so simple to pick up and win with, then why are you not winning Brawl tournaments..? Just wondering. Also, considering your a Tournament Operator, the fact that your bashing the very game you host and support, well, that's just sad.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531

But I have a question... If the game is so simple to pick up and win with, then why are you not winning Brawl tournaments..? Just wondering. Also, considering your a Tournament Operator, the fact that your bashing the very game you host and support, well, that's just sad.
I'm not the only TO that hosts tournaments for games he doesn't himself play.

However, because I don't play every single game, I confer with the most informed people (like Hylian or Sethlon) when it comes to makes rules and building support.

I myself don't care for the game, yes. Why am I not winning Brawl tournaments? That's silly. It's because I don't enjoy the game and rarely ever enter. I don't care whether I'm good at it or not.... I don't enjoy it. That's all that needs to said. I'm not going to waste my time playing a game I hate even if I'm good at it.

I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon either like some people.

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
i think we all realize by now that brawl is terrible, let's stop talking about it. what we do need to be talking about, is the deetz (details) on this smashfest saturday...paul what time can we come over??? we should also hit up some brewskies

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
i live in alief.
11610 stroud dr
did we figure what time it would be?
well whoever can give me a ride text me at 9402320542 with the specifics.
peace
West Houston.

Why don't you pick him up on your way Mouf or Sybawave?

Jake13

Smash Lord

But I have a question... If the game is so simple to pick up and win with, then why are you not winning Brawl tournaments..?
lol me n defy played teams in one of the hobos and got fourth... after staying up all the night before playing melee edit: and defy was freakin jiggz
/****

so when/where's the smashfest tomorrow?

(sorry, too tired to read all the posts)

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Ok, I'll host the fest tomorrow, but lets compromise on the time. I'd rather it start relatively early and end at a decent hour to keep my gf happy. What do you guys think? I say people should get here around 6pm and probably stay till midnight. But we can do whatever is best for you guys I suppose. I have one setup on a 36" tv and I have another 14" tv with a gamecube but no melee for it, so I suggest you guys bring some setups and a copy of melee.

My address:
7201 Spencer Highway apt. 461, Pasadena, TX 77505

Sybawave

Smash Ace
<_< Unless DV8's house is on the way lol I don't feel like making a triangular trip again...I already did that from Memorial to the Woodlands....twice T_T

Btw, DV8 said he can host at his house. James will get on later today with more details.

EDIT: Omg his house is far >_<

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
EDIT: Omg his house is far >_<
I already said I'm having it here ;_; everthing checked out and it's all good. Bring the fest to me, I don't wanna go anywhere :p

Noise isn't an issue anymore, I'm willing to be flexible with how late it runs, and we can probably order pizza. Got that? Pizza.

Bam, stamp of approval. This thing's official.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
DAAYYYYYYUM lol get'em Paul lol sorry but he is closer lol I think we need to go over there...come on we always go North guys lol take turns or something...

O and bring Allan

G@BE

Smash Lord
soooo...

Which house are we gonna go to...

I need to know pretty soon
If someone can find out please give me a call so I know what is going on a head of time.

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
soooo...

Which house are we gonna go to...

I need to know pretty soon
If someone can find out please give me a call so I know what is going on a head of time.
Paul is going through a heap of trouble to do this for us so obviously his place.

G@BE

Smash Lord
well OBVIOUSLY there are other people wanting to do things to

2 different locations from what i know.
Pasedena is a little far for me to drive to play at 6... If it was early i would be down.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Aaah, I suppose it's off then if it's too far. I'm just gonna stay out here in Highlands and drink with some buddies then. NOBODY COME TO MY HOUSE, I won't be there.

Shök

Smash Champion
Well Clueless's event is out.

And welcome to melee, Popertop.

Who do you main?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom