• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Brawl Thread(HOBO 15=March 7th=bring full set-up(wii/tv/ssbb))

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

Sand-Trap

Smash Journeyman
Great tournament, especially with no MetaKnights in the picture. I've never watched such an exciting finals, so intense! I'll post more later, fsho. But I wish there were more no-MK tournaments, and I'm sure other players that came to the tournament would agree.

Btw, I just wanted to get a clear understanding of the drama that happened in teams and hear both sides before basing a solid opinion on a certain person. In teams, D4BA (Damien) and Melee1 were playing against Wotts and DPhat. Whoever won the game would advance. Melee1 was out of stocks, and it was Wotts and DPhat at very high % against D4BA in a 2v1. They had the grab lock going, where there was no way D4BA could escape, and the game was essentially over. D4BA apparently "accidentally" hits start and pauses the game while mashing buttons (albeit the buttons are no where near the start button for the thumb to reach). DPhat and Wotts are like, wtf? Then D4Ba unpauses the game and Utilts DPhat with Snake for the kill.

DPhat complains to DougPhinn, she tells them to restart the match, and Melee1 and D4BA get 4-stocked, lol. Now, here's my impression. It sounds to me like D4BA tried to cheat when he knew he was going to lose by purposely pausing the game and try to take advantage of it.

So, there are two things I want to know:

1.) Did D4BA purposely hit pause? (he says he did not, but I personally find that hard to believe)

2.) Did D4BA ask if everyone was ready before unpausing the game? Because it seems like he unpaused it quickly before the other players were ready in order to cheat and win.

I'd like an answer to the second question more importantly, because if D4BA didn't ask if everyone was ready, you know he is just a pathetic cheater for sure, regardless of whether or not pause was hit on purpose or not. If everyone was ready, then perhaps he's a cheater, perhaps he's not. So, D4BA, did you ask if everyone was ready? I'll ask my roommate Wotts when he wakes up, but DPhat, did he ask if everyone was ready?

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
there was more than one instance of "shiftyness" in doubles, like when dphat took the win over dmg and phantom.

here's what happened: Allan(xyro) came over after DMG and phantom had won round 1, so this was during round 2 where dphat and wotts counterpicked luigi's mansion.

Now, the point of a counterpick is to give yourself and edge and therefore win the round, but the catch is that if you win, the opponent gets a counterpick and can therefore still win. You all know this.

Back to the situation--- So allan comes over and informs the teams that due to time they have to play a best of 1 set, instead of best of 3. Dphat and wotts of course win the round on their counterpick, but instead of going to round 3, since it started as a best of 3 and DMG+phantom won round 1, Dphat took the win.

IF it was truly a best of 1, then DMG+phantom should have automatically won and round 2 on luigi's mansion would have never even finished.

i suppose without meta, there had to be some extra gayness to make up for it.

Sand-Trap

Smash Journeyman
Dallas already had a talk between their players, they came to a peaceful conclusion, that is in the past.
That's fine that Dallas made-up and all that, but I don't like people cheating my friends out of wins, so I just wanted to make sure on the story is all. Wotts and DPhat wrecked them anyways, but still, it's good to know someone's true character, you know? Btw your Wario is still too good, I hope to get more friendlies in with you next time :).

Take: I have to agree, that doesn't sound right at all...sounds like DMG and Phantom got shafted hardcore. At the least, I think the set should have been finished, best of 3, to determine the winner.

fear17

Smash Apprentice
No ride johns, you were just scared that I was gonna **** you too hard. For shame.

I shall post shout outs in the results thread, once one is made.
Yeah i guess tallman hey you want to play online right now go and add my freind he added you as a freind so we can play a bit and anyone else want to play online lets do it

Kira.

Smash Rookie
These were the top 3 for doubles.

1. Kira and Light
2. Dphat and Wotts
3. Melle1 and D4ba

The top two split the pot so the grand finals were never played but (kira and light) won winners finals and (Dphat and Wotts) won losers finals.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Not going to lie DMG and Phantom GOT SHAFTED HARDCORE, but all i did was follow Xyro order. He said, and I quote, "The winner of this game wins" directly at us so... I did shaft them and I did apologize to DMG and Phantom X. Seriously me and DMG = cool so I felt kinda bad but.. I don't think what I did was against the rules and me and Wotts just lucked out. And I think damien asked if we were ready but I was talking to him and looking at him and the next thing I know i turn my head to the screen and BAM up-tilt. BUT it's all good, the time restriction really shafted alot of teams, and THANK you Dugfinn for allowing us to rematch it.

OH YEAH DMG don't forget man "BCMM" at hobo 13 man YOU'RE going down MAN!!!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
We got shafted pretty nasty, but what can we do about it? Next time hopefully time will be kind to us and we'll be able to do better. We'll have to rematch you guys, Pop and Esca, preferably a round where I don't kill DMG twice and he doesn't stand there like an oaf while eating fsmashes XD

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
guys. do not make a results page untill the full list is out. oh and the HOST of the event makes the thread.....stiltz or me.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
We got shafted pretty nasty, but what can we do about it? Next time hopefully time will be kind to us and we'll be able to do better. We'll have to rematch you guys, Pop and Esca, preferably a round where I don't kill DMG twice and he doesn't stand there like an oaf while eating fsmashes XD
lol...esca doin good in teams...or poper pretty much draggin dead wait

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
i saved a replay (captain falcon vs. jigglypuff on battlefield).. if it was your wii please tell me so u can send me it

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Everybody listen up for a sec.

1. The FULL results of HOBO12 will be put in a REAL results thread soon.

2. Im creating a Houston Player Tier List. I need EACH of you(unless ive text u already) to please PM(do not post) me a list(in order from 1-5) of the best players in HOUSTON. do not include austin or dallas or any other city in the list. Remember, PM it to me. do not post it.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
lol...esca doin good in teams...or poper pretty much draggin dead wait
Esca was doing fine with Pit in the doubles. We just didn't play as well as we should have. Fortunately we picked it up after that round (probably due to the rawsomeness that was the singles Grand Finals), unfortunately the rules became lame after that. It's ok that we got shafted though, winning matches decided on one round just isn't worth it. It's lamer than 2 stock maches.

Esca

Smash Champion
Phantom, I don't remember you killing DMG once, i remember you accidentally grabbing him then Popertop fsmashing him. Have you ever thought that 2 defensive/campy warios MAY NOT do good in teams?

Also, Onii, I did very good in teams. We even took Gnes/Razer to round 3.

Now for shoutouts:

Pipes- do I really have to say anything about your tie? Lol

Kalo- I'm disappointed we didn't get to play, maybe next time honey.

Ozz- Sexiest Falco i've ever seen.

KRD- I WANNA REMATCH!!! Grr.

jS- I was actually surprised with your Ness. Good **** man, I look forward to playing you in the future.

D4ba- I thought you were a really big douche until we actually talked, i cannot lie.

Kown- My most favorite Houston smasher for sure. I love playing your Pit. You got alot better man.

Bwett- I really do think we have the most intense matches ever.

Bear- You really surprised me bro, I really really got caught offguard by that Wolf.

Santi- I'm really happy I got to play you, I did alot better than I thought, providing your rep.

Dojo- I'll get you next time.

Razer- Good ****.

Sudai- Your ROB is amazing, really good. You can count on Beaumont being at LaST2, definately.

Cyphus- Awesome DK man. When I come to Louisiana I'll teach you guys how to play Diddy so you will prepare yourself next time. I had alot of fun playing you.

Lee- Butthole good.

Piere- ******* bad.

Popertop- Your mom is a man, rofl.

Mocha- I LOVE YOUR ZELDA. She was so beast, and not spammy.

Ran Iji- You do have the edge on me, for the moment. Me and you will talk at LaST.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Phantom, I don't remember you killing DMG once, i remember you accidentally grabbing him then Popertop fsmashing him. Have you ever thought that 2 defensive/campy warios MAY NOT do good in teams?

Also, Onii, I did very good in teams. We even took Gnes/Razer to round 3.

Now for shoutouts:

Pipes- do I really have to say anything about your tie? Lol

Kalo- I'm disappointed we didn't get to play, maybe next time honey.

Ozz- Sexiest Falco i've ever seen.

KRD- I WANNA REMATCH!!! Grr.

jS- I was actually surprised with your Ness. Good **** man, I look forward to playing you in the future.

D4ba- I thought you were a really big douche until we actually talked, i cannot lie.

Kown- My most favorite Houston smasher for sure. I love playing your Pit. You got alot better man.

Bwett- I really do think we have the most intense matches ever.

Bear- You really surprised me bro, I really really got caught offguard by that Wolf.

Santi- I'm really happy I got to play you, I did alot better than I thought, providing your rep.

Dojo- I'll get you next time.

Razer- Good ****.

Sudai- Your ROB is amazing, really good. You can count on Beaumont being at LaST2, definately.

Cyphus- Awesome DK man. When I come to Louisiana I'll teach you guys how to play Diddy so you will prepare yourself next time. I had alot of fun playing you.

Lee- Butthole good.

Piere- ******* bad.

Popertop- Your mom is a man, rofl.

Mocha- I LOVE YOUR ZELDA. She was so beast, and not spammy.

Ran Iji- You do have the edge on me, for the moment. Me and you will talk at LaST.
Didnt you just read? Post this in the results thread plz.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Esca... I ftilted him into your back air (last stock) and I wafted him (2nd stock)... that's killing him twice. You're making it very hard for me to be nice to you, seriously. We made it to the Grand Finals at Centex, after fighting through many/most of the best teams in Texas, so we know double Wario is AMAZING (except against MK/Marth team of D4BA and Dphat), and that was at MK legal tournament.

Not to mention we won two more sets (2-0) after yours (including Bwett/Flip), and were tied w/ Dphat/Wotts (who split for first) until we got rule-gayed.

Santi

Smash Lord
Esca... I ftilted him into your back air (last stock) and I wafted him (2nd stock)... that's killing him twice. You're making it very hard for me to be nice to you, seriously. We made it to the Grand Finals at Centex, after fighting through many/most of the best teams in Texas, so we know double Wario is AMAZING (except against MK/Marth team of D4BA and Dphat), and that was at MK legal tournament.

Not to mention we won two more sets (2-0) after yours (including Bwett/Flip), and were tied w/ Dphat/Wotts (who split for first) until we got rule-gayed.
Who would win between yall and anther....?
BEAH BEAH BEAH BEAH BEAH BEAH BEAH BEAH =)
No. You played me ;)
I pray that they were recorded.
Xyro? :/

Esca

Smash Champion
I played Esca?
Lol Yeah. You just got done playing Flips wolf, then you played me. I didn't put on my tag, that's why. I got you to last stock 0%, but regardless, it was hard.

You were outplayed Phantom. Don't make any mistakes and you can't ****ing john. Accpet a loss for once and stop being an *** about it. We actually did good, get a grip man.

Flip doesn't use Diddy in teams, that's why you beat their team.

Dun worry Phantom, its all gon b k.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I loled... I guess I have someone to add to my ****** list. I even said you played well, but you made it seem like you destroyed/outplayed us, when the truth is we beat ourselves w/ bad psynergy and mistakes. I can't believe I even defended you when Poper was the one meleeing/tanking/beasting both of us, lol. I know you may need the victory to enhance your e-*****, but geez.

Condolences to Popertop, he's still cool, and three Warios was too good <3 We should get more friendlies in next time.

And BEAH always wins, Anther never stood a chance.

Santi

Smash Lord
Lol Yeah. You just got done playing Flips wolf, then you played me. I didn't put on my tag, that's why. I got you to last stock 0%, but regardless, it was hard.
Oh I remember. I wish I would of known that was you before hand...
I pray they wern't. I did kinda bad in our set <___<. No johns though lol. Amazing TL ;)
I wouldn't upload them or anything if you don't want to.
I don't want to post any more video of mt TL anyways for right now.

I just want to watch them here and learn some stuff on the matchup.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Oh I remember. I wish I would of known that was you before hand...

I wouldn't upload them or anything if you don't want to.
I don't want to post any more video of mt TL anyways for right now.

I just want to watch them here and learn some stuff on the matchup.
Sounds logical. Same. I need to learn TL lol. Don't tell me you lost the legendary pink play boy goggles....D:

CY

Smash Ace

You were outplayed Phantom. Don't make any mistakes and you can't ****ing john. Accpet a loss for once and stop being an *** about it. We actually did good, get a grip man.

Flip doesn't use Diddy in teams, that's why you beat their team.

Dun worry Phantom, its all gon b k.
you and pop are milking that win for all it's worth, eh? :p

Santi

Smash Lord
Sounds logical. Same. I need to learn TL lol. Don't tell me you lost the legendary pink play boy goggles....D:
:/

Right now... the goggles are in another state. They will travel along the east coast and Sudai's and Santi's story of epic battles will go with them. The legend will spread.

They're in better hands now.

CY

Smash Ace

Right now... the goggles are in another state. They will travel along the east coast and Sudai's and Santi's story of epic battles will go with them. The legend will spread.

lol that's ****ing amazing. ;o if goggle matches continue to happen, it will be cool to see where they will end up in a year or so. maybe somewhere in africa.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer

Santi, we always talk and goof around together... but will we ever actually play any friendlies or matches whatsoever? Haha.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'm not going to Oh Snap, Med School interview. Next time we meet for sure, though. Hopefully Hylian will host something soon, too, then I can fool around w/ you guys and pwn with my Mario who I'm gonna pick up for ****s and giggles (I blame that combo video).

Top Bottom