• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Brawl Thread(HOBO 15=March 7th=bring full set-up(wii/tv/ssbb))

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

Sand-Trap

Smash Journeyman
Why not have the crew battles be 4v4? I wouldn't want a city winning only because they depended on borrowing the skills of outside players such as Stiltz and DMG, no?

And having just talked to everyone, yeah, we're doing 4v4, no hiring people to help you ;P. How much money did you want to put up, btw?

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
Why not have the crew battles be 4v4? I wouldn't want a city winning only because they depended on borrowing the skills of outside players such as Stiltz and DMG, no?

And having just talked to everyone, yeah, we're doing 4v4, no hiring people to help you ;P. How much money did you want to put up, btw?
OMG SO ARROGANT!!!!

jk lol ily sandtrap <3 :p

Sand-Trap

Smash Journeyman
5 bucks a head... so 20 each crew. Everyone already has so many MMs plus tourney fees and traveling, 10 each in crew battle would be a little much.
Who exactly does each of your members have money matches with? Because it sounds like a poor excuse, imo... $5 is nothing, $10 makes each player at least want to earn it. All of our crew members agree.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
pro ban? lol is meta gone nao?
The debate held no relation to the overall SBR view of the MK situation. It was just a debate about 4 SBR's members personal opinion and had no effect on the SBR's opinion.

Currently, the SBR wants people to hold both MK banned, and non-Banned tournaments so that we can analyze the results to draw more accurate conclusions about the things we are debating.

Kira.

Smash Rookie

I have apparently been kicked out of my crew without anyone letting me know about it. But alas, it is the fate of all Kira's to be betrayed by those he works with

*takes a bullet from badnewsbear and then runs away to die on some steps from my shinigami writing my name in his death note* =P

But on a more serious note i never get to MM anyone at Hobos so if anyone wants to MM me just let me know and i will most likely accept

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
The debate held no relation to the overall SBR view of the MK situation. It was just a debate about 4 SBR's members personal opinion and had no effect on the SBR's opinion.

Currently, the SBR wants people to hold both MK banned, and non-Banned tournaments so that we can analyze the results to draw more accurate conclusions about the things we are debating.
lol is this guy serious? what is there to analyze? i hope you made all that up

Sand-Trap

Smash Journeyman
I have apparently been kicked out of my crew without anyone letting me know about it. But alas, it is the fate of all Kira's to be betrayed by those he works with
No no no, don't be silly, Jacob. Out of the five of us, the four that were at my house tonight agreed (SOMEONE didn't come *points at you*) that they shouldn't just pick up extra people because it doesn't make sense. We'll figure out who exactly is going to play the night before, I assume. Or we could do a 5v4 where each team puts up $50, and we get less stock per person than they do. Shrug?

Who would represent Houston, btw? Roy R, Stiltz, Sethlon, T-Rex and Mr. 3000?

Van Jones

Smash Lord

*takes a bullet from badnewsbear and then runs away to die on some steps from my shinigami writing my name in his death note* =P

But on a more serious note i never get to MM anyone at Hobos so if anyone wants to MM me just let me know and i will most likely accept
Kira, you're silly. I want you to be in on the crew battle. Just so you know, I still hate you for making me cough up all that Coke a Cola through my nose. :)

Esca

Smash Champion
No no no, don't be silly, Jacob. Out of the five of us, the four that were at my house tonight agreed (SOMEONE didn't come *points at you*) that they shouldn't just pick up extra people because it doesn't make sense. We'll figure out who exactly is going to play the night before, I assume. Or we could do a 5v4 where each team puts up $50, and we get less stock per person than they do. Shrug?

Who would represent Houston, btw? Roy R, Stiltz, Sethlon, T-Rex and Mr. 3000?

I have a cinnamon match, for one.

And we're from Beaumont, Sand Trap, we're poor here. Not really, lol, but still.

On to the 5th member discussion, crews battles are with 5 members, stiltz was born and raised in Beaumont, rightfully making him an heir to the Beaumont crew battle.

Plus, it's not like you guys have a chance.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
I'll give you an accurate conclusion about the main change from mk won tournaments and mk banned tournaments.

Counterpick stages play a more realistic factor in character choice. Many more characters are tournament viable. Just a couple points off the top of my head.

CY

Smash Ace
mouf's posts crack me up for some reason.

anyway college station sucks, can't win without mk! RAH RAH RAH

beaumont will destroy you ****s.

Sand-Trap

Smash Journeyman
I have a cinnamon match, for one.

And we're from Beaumont, Sand Trap, we're poor here. Not really, lol, but still.

On to the 5th member discussion, crews battles are with 5 members, stiltz was born and raised in Beaumont, rightfully making him an heir to the Beaumont crew battle.

Plus, it's not like you guys have a chance.
A cinnamon match doesn't cost you money, just shame and humiliation. Using that as an excuse about being poor doesn't make much sense to me :(. Since we have no chance, I don't see what the big deal about throwing down an extra $5 is, since it's just more money for you guys.

Crew battles are not just "officially" 5 members, lol. That's like saying, if your group of friends want to play in a crew battle, you better make 5 friends or you're not really a crew! Did you ever watch EC vs WC vs Midwest back in Melee? Definitely more than 5 members per crew. Stiltz plays for Houston, not for Beaumont, and everyone knows that.

You've got your four, and we've got our five. You're not borrowing players; or hell, let's just not do it at all, especially for only $5 and especially with Beaumont being misrepresented. It'd be one thing if the person you're trying to add on wouldn't be your best member, but Stiltz would easily be your best member, by far. Sounds kinda lame to me.

Please let us know if you'll be backing out or not.

Sand-Trap

Smash Journeyman
How about Dallas vs College Station? A crew battle of some kind should occur at HOBO, might as well be either Dallas vs Houston or Dallas vs College Station.
Aren't you guys staying with us Friday night before the tournament? If we did do a crew battle, we could do it there! *happy panda face* Who's your line-up?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Aren't you guys staying with us Friday night before the tournament? If we did do a crew battle, we could do it there! *happy panda face* Who's your line-up?
Yeah I'm pretty sure Dallas would stay at Bear's on Friday.

Also, I think 3 players are confirmed for Dallas in the crew battle: DMG, D4ba, and Dallas Phat. The other 2 we are still deciding on I believe.

Sand-Trap

Smash Journeyman
But without MK, no Infinity, huh? How weird XD

Hehe, well that sounds like a pretty good line-up. We'll talk it over and let you know what's up. Beaumont, still waiting on if you're backing down or not ;P.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You should allow Meta for the crew match. There won't be any johns about losing. Although, it would be terrible if the crews were all Meta vs Meta. :)

Popertop

Smash Champion
We're not backing down.
NO META FOR CREWS JEEZ

I'm excited. Now I get to focus on my classes and smash.

Anywyas, I want just 4v4 for the crew.

Kira, I'll MM you.

Fogo, I want to record our set finally.
And we can make it a MM.

BEAUMONT IS AMAZING AHAHAHAHA

Van Jones

Smash Lord
We can play with or without MK. I really don't care either way.

Dallas and San Angelo always stay at my place the night before the tourney. I think I have space for a few more if some people need housing. We always have lots of fun. Remember, WAFFLES IN THE MORNING!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If I don't get some waffles this time, then I will be super pissed. Seriously. :)

Kira.

Smash Rookie
We're not backing down.
NO META FOR CREWS JEEZ

I'm excited. Now I get to focus on my classes and smash.

Anywyas, I want just 4v4 for the crew.

Kira, I'll MM you.

Fogo, I want to record our set finally.
And we can make it a MM.

BEAUMONT IS AMAZING AHAHAHAHA
Finally a MM, YAY. Any match in particular or just a best 2 out of 3 my main vs yours?

Also, College Station is gonna Kira Stab Beaumont

Sand-Trap

Smash Journeyman
Beaumont, $10/head, 4v4 then?

For any crew battle related to this tournament, I don't think MK should be used. I don't want to hear the sound of MK's...well, anything the whole weekend.

Dallas, we're talking about it and we'll give ya a heads-up by Friday. Not sure when the group can meet up yet.

Top Bottom