• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Brawl Thread(HOBO 15=March 7th=bring full set-up(wii/tv/ssbb))

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
heh hylians sig is pretty cool.....

so i went ahead and payed 5$ for whobo but is that all i have to do? how are they gonna identify me i will be entering with ozz not my real name which is on paypal......*confused*

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
Question: Are the weeklies still going on at that one play n'trade every Saturday? I might be in the neighborhood this week, not sure yet.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
D angelo's weeklies? they are still going on, but not this sat cause usually hobo's are on the 4th saturday. But after the Hobo, it'll resume again.

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
so i went ahead and payed 5$ for whobo but is that all i have to do? how are they gonna identify me i will be entering with ozz not my real name which is on paypal......*confused*
Go here: http://houston-scene.com/tournamentregistration.htm
Scroll down to where it says "Special Pre-registering Instructions" (under the View Cart button) and you'll see the instructions. I sent you an email about it too. I've gone ahead and added your Smash name to the bracket, but please get that other info to me, groovy.

And thanks for the sig complement.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Today since I've gotten home has been so repetitive x.x Going through the replays Hylian sent me to finnish up his combo video by tomorrow hopefully. I've already gone through about 70 replay datas today x.x I can't wait til the combo video is done though.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
haven't you heard? he can shdl and challenges people to melee mm's in brawl threads

edit: hey daimonster i'll answer your question; hylian was talking about brawl at first then when cy called him out on it he pretended he was talking about melee the whole time har har har although it doesn't matter since hylian blows at melee but he knows cy doesn't play melee at all so maybe he can save some face (at least that's what hylian thinks, mouf, however, knows all)
Actually, I was just trolling, but you tend to take everything online really seriously for some reason.

Edit: Dugfinn is amazing ^_^. Thanks.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
why do you use samus as your sig? melee char?
I mained her in melee for quite some time. She is also my favorite smash character, and has always been in my sig.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
than you should use her in brawl!! and not g&w. haha
I do use her. Just not in tournament anymore. Look at the first Hobo's results. I got 5th going samus with a little bit of GW. I used to main her...but I just don't like her enough in brawl. If she had like..1 or 2 kill moves that killed around 100% then I would main her haha.

CY

Smash Ace
I do use her. Just not in tournament anymore. Look at the first Hobo's results. I got 5th going samus with a little bit of GW. I used to main her...but I just don't like her enough in brawl. If she had like..1 or 2 kill moves that killed around 100% then I would main her haha.
so were we going to do some brawl mm's or were you seriously talking about melee the whole time? :(

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
so were we going to do some brawl mm's or were you seriously talking about melee the whole time? :(
I'll MM you if you want. I was just ****ing with you though lol.

RCMM?

GW vs Falco?

MK vs Falco?

IC's vs Falco?

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Go here: http://houston-scene.com/tournamentregistration.htm
Scroll down to where it says "Special Pre-registering Instructions" (under the View Cart button) and you'll see the instructions. I sent you an email about it too. I've gone ahead and added your Smash name to the bracket, but please get that other info to me, groovy.

And thanks for the sig complement.
Well i already payed so i cant add that info to the paypal info thing now.

i went ahead and emailed u my info.

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
Hyyyylian it's Hiten from Gfaqs, when you comin over to the east coast? I'm going to Chu's bi-weekly, so I'm gonna play Azen as much as possible.....you should try to make the ECRC in november.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hyyyylian it's Hiten from Gfaqs, when you comin over to the east coast? I'm going to Chu's bi-weekly, so I'm gonna play Azen as much as possible.....you should try to make the ECRC in november.
Hey man. I will look into it...

I am already going to two OOS tournament in November though...I doubt I will go to three haha.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Are we still doing SSBM at HOBO 12 or have y'all decided against it?

If it will happen then can someone tell the Houston SSBM thread(s) about it please?

And didn't this thread used to be BARWL specific? lol Now it just says Houston Thread XD

Happy Halloween!

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
if you guys ever wanna play me again in hobo in the future then don't have dumb rules like these

of course, if you AT LEAST don't ban MK in teams, I will consider coming again, along with bringing Azen. I only really use DDD and MK, and DDD sucks in teams cuz he gets hit too much. GW and Snake are better in teams, but I have much more exp w/ MK.

but if i get gayed by falco or something, then I will realize I was right the first time about this game's counterpicking being too strong and limiting to what you can do. BTW, brinstar should never be allowed. I had 3 people pick that on me and I almost lost matches due to lava kills and falling through the stage. WTF @ port town being on. I really suggest a rule change as to legal tourney stages that are allowed. In my personal opinion, stages where the stage HURTS you or EASILY KILLS YOU or ENCOURAGES MASSIVE CAMPING shouldn't be allowed. It doesn't even make it a "fight" at that point, but rather "I'm winning in % and know more stage tricks for dodging stage hazards whoopie I have big unfair advantage instead of outfighting my opponent". Just a suggestion.

fear17

Smash Apprentice
Snake should have PK C4, where he shoots a homing missile at you and it explodes immediately whenever he wants it to.

I also think Metaknight's tornado should suck you up, just like a real tornado!
you want some of this to m2k was up im down to take on your metacrap

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
dunno if its my place to say this

if you guys ever wanna play me again in hobo in the future then don't have dumb rules like these

of course, if you AT LEAST don't ban MK in teams, I will consider coming again, along with bringing Azen. I only really use DDD and MK, and DDD sucks in teams cuz he gets hit too much. GW and Snake are better in teams, but I have much more exp w/ MK.

but if i get gayed by falco or something, then I will realize I was right the first time about this game's counterpicking being too strong and limiting to what you can do. BTW, brinstar should never be allowed. I had 3 people pick that on me and I almost lost matches due to lava kills and falling through the stage. WTF @ port town being on. I really suggest a rule change as to legal tourney stages that are allowed. In my personal opinion, stages where the stage HURTS you or EASILY KILLS YOU or ENCOURAGES MASSIVE CAMPING shouldn't be allowed. It doesn't even make it a "fight" at that point, but rather "I'm winning in % and know more stage tricks for dodging stage hazards whoopie I have big unfair advantage instead of outfighting my opponent". Just a suggestion.
I agree with the stage rules, but take away MK you have a more legit game, not counting the loads of other bull in the game... it is what it is.
Also, looking at old HOBO's, half the competition mains MK exclusively, this is a better way to even things out

heytallman

CTALL

Quit johning and ban Brinstar then :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::ouch:

You suk my ness and lucas will wrek the **** out of you was up greatness o and snake is crap yeah was up now do i smell "FEAR" in you huh
gnes will f you up son. He f's me up on a regular basis.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman

if we do all this can you agree not to steal drinks?

fear17

Smash Apprentice
Quit johning and ban Brinstar then :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::ouch:

gnes will f you up son. He f's me up on a regular basis.
You think he will i dont think so you know y poeple who talk **** lose and i can always prove that ask my homeboy shok192 and you will see ill *** gness up and he probaly fuked you up cus you dont play good

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
I'm coming to town today on business and the guy I was going to stay with had to back out.

Can anyone put me up for one night? Prefer central or west/sw, but beggars cant be choosers.

Dont post, I wont be here. Send a txt. Will be free after probably 9.

512-947-1337

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

I agree that MK shouldn't be banned in teams. Several characters are better then him imo and several are just as good. Also, match-ups don't really matter in teams unless you are both like..ness or something lol.

Top Bottom