• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Brawl Thread(HOBO 15=March 7th=bring full set-up(wii/tv/ssbb))

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Brawl runs longer than Melee, and you're hitting bigger numbers than Final Smash 2.

You really ought to make the next one two days Alan.

If you do pools though I recommend the 2 stocks/5 minutes plan like Lee Harris keeps saying. It sounds like a perfectly reasonable idea to me. As silly as it sounds, SRK was right about this one part of the rules they were advocating, because it's closer to other fighting games (best 2/3 rounds = 2 stocks).

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
GOD D A M N lolz and if i go (which i am) i will take up alot of room....

AXXO are you going to the hobo if so i wanna carpool i'll pas you some gas money as well or anyone that wants to take me.

Dojo

Smash Champion
i request to not be pool leader LOL

4 people making it out of pools seems more fair than 3

edit - SOMEONE PLAY ME AND AZEN ALL NIGHT

i get to austin at about midnight, then to hylians house, so i will probably stay up all night playing brawl w/ whoever wants to
DRIVE TO BEARS XD
25 man tourney and smashfest Friday night dude. :)

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
I vote for m2k, azen, royr, dojo, stiltz, sethlon, and hylian to be in a pool together. All in favor say "aye." ;)

Brawl runs longer than Melee, and you're hitting bigger numbers than Final Smash 2.

You really ought to make the next one two days Alan.

If you do pools though I recommend the 2 stocks/5 minutes plan like Lee Harris keeps saying. It sounds like a perfectly reasonable idea to me. As silly as it sounds, SRK was right about this one part of the rules they were advocating, because it's closer to other fighting games (best 2/3 rounds = 2 stocks).
It probably won't be too bad because there are more pools than there were at FS2, so that means less matches. I think there were around 12 pools for FS2, right?

I still think 2 stock is the best format for pools since you are getting to play so many more rounds. Even in the people in the SBR who disagree with the 2 stock format agree that it is good for pools. But I'm not really trying to convince anyone at this point; I'm just throwing out the option!

no 2 stocks, it must be 3, start the tourney early if you have to, 2 is stupid
Good reasoning ;)

DRIVE TO BEARS XD
25 man tourney and smashfest Friday night dude. :)
**** that, man. I don't want to drive us 3 hours at midnight D:

Gnes

Smash Master
Smash and waffles? That's not a very good combination...

Smash and handjobs, however, would be fantastic. Someone needs to host a revolutionary Smashfest that will bring together the greatness of Brawl and getting your carrot waxed.
*silently bows in admiration* I must meet u at Hobo 11...this is just too good...

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Well, I would be down with that, but I don't think Xyro's mom would be down with servicing that many guys at one time.

Lol. I'm surprised Xyro hasn't tried to kill me yet.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ok so ive decided:

if there is 20ish tvs and 140ish people i will do 20 pools of 7 people. top 3 advance. 3 stock 5min.

this is final.

thank you. because of you im doing pools.

PLZ BRING FULL SET-UPS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
ballinnnnnnnn.

No but serisouly, ***.

=)
keke.
I'm just warning you guys that I normally 2-stock players anyway. Getting a performance-enhancing hand-job during sets would only ensure that I **** you guys so hard, you will all wind up being eliminated from the next seven HOBOs.

I recommend everyone duct-tape their buttholes shut if you don't want your dreams to be shattered.

heytallman

CTALL
Trust me, in order for my dreams to be fulfilled my butthole has to be wide open
Lee Harris, you are truly a god among men. I will be honored to Ganon ditto you on Saturday.

Also huzzah for pools being finalized. Let's just hope I don't get an exceedingly gay pool.

MM's so far:
$5 vs Esca's Diddy
$1 Lucas ditto with DMG
$1 Ganon ditto with LEEHARRIS
$1 random char match with KRD

Anyone else wanna do random char matches??????? I do.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Tallman, you're going down. Can I just beat you with my controller instead of taking a dollar? ;)

Gea

Smash Master
So its official. Lee knows how to run pools, rofl.

I do ask Allan that you allow pool leaders to be able to DQ people from their pools if they need to. Having to come up front and leave all your pools players to try and get you to call someone's name just disrupts things. Once you find your pool, you should stay there. If you have an issue, you confer to your pool leader. If you don't that's your OWN ISSUE.

3 to advance is great out of 7.

Also Tallman. I'll RC MM you for 3 bucks >.> <.<

And I wanna redo that set we were starting. I'm bringing full setup today. Will show you my Wario when its not in lag. You will be scared.

heytallman

CTALL
OK that's fine. And I want to play your Wario with my Lucas as well, because I wouldn't go ROB against a Wario in a tournament. And for the sexy counterpick :bee:

BNB, RCMM? $1?
RT, I accept.
Gea, why does it have to be so high? I accept nonetheless.

Dojo

Smash Champion
I'm just warning you guys that I normally 2-stock players anyway. Getting a performance-enhancing hand-job during sets would only ensure that I **** you guys so hard, you will all wind up being eliminated from the next seven HOBOs.

I recommend everyone duct-tape their buttholes shut if you don't want your dreams to be shattered.
3-stock everybody in tourney, then we'll talk. ;)

Trust me, in order for my dreams to be fulfilled my butthole has to be wide open
LMFAO!
Too ****ing funny.

EDIT:
Holy ****. We're less than 48 hours from tourney time! :D

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
BRING RECORDING EQUIPMENT PLEASE!!!

This is our chance to show how Texas stacks up against OOS. We should record our best players sets :).

Can several people bring recording equipment?

Dojo

Smash Champion
I'm buying a new capture card (or stick?)

No laptop or anything required. Stick it into the TV for 2 hours of memory. Transfer it over to the computer. And go again. (Something like this. I'm gonna go check it out in a few.)

Gnes

Smash Master
So its official. Lee knows how to run pools, rofl.

I do ask Allan that you allow pool leaders to be able to DQ people from their pools if they need to. Having to come up front and leave all your pools players to try and get you to call someone's name just disrupts things. Once you find your pool, you should stay there. If you have an issue, you confer to your pool leader. If you don't that's your OWN ISSUE.

3 to advance is great out of 7.

Also Tallman. I'll RC MM you for 3 bucks >.> <.<

And I wanna redo that set we were starting. I'm bringing full setup today. Will show you my Wario when its not in lag. You will be scared.

Ill kill u all...Ill kill u all...ILL KILL U ALL!!!

:3 This tourney will be the pinnacle of epicness

Top Bottom