• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Brawl Thread(HOBO 15=March 7th=bring full set-up(wii/tv/ssbb))

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

CY

Smash Ace
Guys, please pray for galveston. The storm is over 200miles away and water is already OVER the sea wall/covering 80% of the island. Just think what will happen once the strom is here?

Some say the 1900 storm has returned. Just remember, during that time, there was NO sea wall and people did not evac so once the storm was over the damage was catastrophic. There will be huge amounts of damage but will the island be erased from the map like it was in 1900? I hope not.
dear god.

10allans

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Guys, please pray for galveston. The storm is over 200miles away and water is already OVER the sea wall/covering 80% of the island. Just think what will happen once the strom is here?

Some say the 1900 storm has returned. Just remember, during that time, there was NO sea wall and people did not evac so once the storm was over the damage was catastrophic. There will be huge amounts of damage but will the island be erased from the map like it was in 1900? I hope not.
stop being so apocalyptic. seriously your last couple posts have been OMFG THIS HURRICANE IS GONNA KILL US ALL PLZ BE SAFE GUYS. seriously, we're all doing everything we can to be safe. we need some love up in here.

in other news: http://www.serebii.net/platinum/
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
stop being so apocalyptic. seriously your last couple posts have been OMFG THIS HURRICANE IS GONNA KILL US ALL PLZ BE SAFE GUYS. seriously, we're all doing everything we can to be safe. we need some love up in here.
i never said we were goig to die, you assumed and made that up. Unlike you, i value life and take HURRICANES serious. im reminding everybody because some people scheck SWF 100 times more than the news.

Xyro77

it look slike i will have to evac in 20min. the storm surge will reach 25 feet. combine that with rain+high tide=death. ill be on some time in the future if i can. bye bye

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Look, I'm tired of hearing this sissy crap about a hurricane. One time a tornado was heading towards my house and I drop kicked it to death. The only important thing here is to attend my 2 v 2 tourney alive.
...and that's why we <3 LeeHarris.

EDIT: I just thought of this, but if there are any displaced Houstonians who will be in Dallas on Sat. due to Ike, feel free to hit up our bi-weekly; we'd love for you guys to come join us. If you need details, check out the Dallas thread OP.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Hey all you hurricane victims, do you need something to take your minds off the millions of gallons of water in your city? Come to the doubles tourney at the D-Pad on October 18th! The date has been changed. 2 v 2 Swiss system with money match stations set up. Come make Smash history as we push 2 v 2 into the limelight and try out the sexy Swiss system (DE is dumb). All of TX's best will be there.

We've already got two big MMs going. Me vs Hylian for $100 and me vs Fogo for $100. Come attend and add your featured MM to the list and get it put on a Youtube channel with thousands of subscribers.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=192677

CY

Smash Ace
**** i can't believe the hurricane is about to hit in a couple hours.. hope everyone is safe. looks like galveston might take some very very bad damage.

Gea

Smash Master
we didnt plan on leaving but dad change dhis mind at the last min.
Really more should have evacuated. You know Southeast Houston is looking at no power for probably around three weeks. Three weeks with no AC. For you it'd probably have been worse.

Xyro77

Really more should have evacuated. You know Southeast Houston is looking at no power for probably around three weeks. Three weeks with no AC. For you it'd probably have been worse.
im in corpus christi now, no traffic(lol) and no problems(lol)

@ gea: yea thats what me and dad were talkin about. good news is, we live in an important area in pasadena so our area will have priority....but still, just a single week of no power is horrible. Its even worse if the storm surge reaches 25 feet and gets in or house. Im MAINLY scared for my other home in santa fe....its super close to galveston.......

The thing about this storm is that its officiall a lvl 2 but the surge is from a lvl 3-4, and people only look at the actualy storm lvl.....not good.

Xyro77

i dont thik my dad wants me going places. i apologize. maybe tomorrow during the day would be cool.

Esca

Smash Champion
shut up colin. your so ****ing negative, honestly. you don't bring your **** anywhere for recording, so until you do, shut your mouth?

Xyro77

Galveston

its offical, the ocean is FLOWING over the 17ft seawall. there have been 3 fires destroying MANY MANY homes. Theres so much wind its spreading the fire and not allowing the rain to put it out.

If anybody has TARZAN's(old melee player) phone number, plz contact him. he LIVES on galveston and i dont know if he did an evac

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Over here in Sugar Land, there's been quite a few rolling blackouts every so often. It's better than having the power down permanently, but it sure gets annoying after the fifth one. <_<

Top Bottom