• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Homebrew for Wii 4.0ers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
BaNNeR BoMB is not ready yet, it may have some bugs. And in case BaNNeR BoMB can't work in the future for any reason, comex will have an ssbb exploit ready to pull out instead of have people like you bug him to death about it. Team Twizzers has also found many holes in the system menu. But if the released them all in one day, Nintendo would have an update for them sooner or later. But releasing them one by one makes Nintendo not know what to expect so homebrew can keep going and the scene lives on.

noobpsreply: a dump of random code on your screen for debugging by the creator.
I wonder why Comex would want to make a Brawl exploit. You can't move nor copy the game data without Homebrew after all.

Also, hopefully once BootMii is released to the public, people can use Homebrew programs (including Gecko OS) without having to fear about having a fully bricked Wii; if the Wii is bricked, people can use BootMii to load AnyRegion Changer and install System Menu 3.2.

operator11

Smash Cadet
I wonder why Comex would want to make a Brawl exploit. You can't move nor copy the game data without Homebrew after all.

Also, hopefully once BootMii is released to the public, people can use Homebrew programs (including Gecko OS) without having to fear about having a fully bricked Wii; if the Wii is bricked, people can use BootMii to load AnyRegion Changer and install System Menu 3.2.
Maybe in the exploit Comex is working on in SSBB, it does not require the transfer of save files, but simply loads boot.dol after reaching a certain point in the game (I dont know if this is possible).
Can't wait for Bootmii, I read an article saying that they were going to release it in a couple of weeks, and a couple of weeks have past since the article was posted, so I expect it will come any time now. I hope it isnt postponed, as Team Twiizers origionally claimed a release date around the end of 2008.
When bootmii comes out, would it be possible to totally brick the wii (eg. corrupting setting.txt) without any hope of cure, assuming that I have the old boot1?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Can't wait for Bootmii, I read an article saying that they were going to release it in a couple of weeks, and a couple of weeks have past since the article was posted, so I expect it will come any time now. I hope it isnt postponed, as Team Twiizers origionally claimed a release date around the end of 2008.
When bootmii comes out, would it be possible to totally brick the wii (eg. corrupting setting.txt) without any hope of cure, assuming that I have the old boot1?
BootMii includes a Recovery Mode, which can make your Wii practically unbrickable. And if your Wii ever does get bricked, you can use BootMii to run Homebrew programs to fix the bricks.

Think of BootMii as a superior version of Preloader, and once it's released, Preloader will become obsolete.

Hopefully, Comex's exploit will work with the BootMii installer.

For anyone wondering about BootMii, here are some links to look at.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/BootMii
http://hackmii.com/2009/04/updates/

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Gah, so much bad information in this thread.

Bannerbomb works on 4.0. The HBC installer doesn't. Comex can't fix that.

That WiiSceneWatch site is just spreading fake bs to get people to spread bs.

Comex is looking for an exploit in Brawl.
AFAIK, Even once that is found, it will have the SAME PROBLEM.

Lack of fakesign bug = no way to install HBC AFAIK.

Also, last time I tried to run GeckoOS on 4.0 using bannerbomb, I got a code dump :p
WiiSceneWatch, if you read all of it, is just a joke site in the Wii scene, though I don't see why it should even exist in the internet.

Dang! So all it could run was the HBC installer? And Gecko OS really doesn't work with 4.0? There goes my last hope of getting into Brawl+ and texture hacks again.

Maybe in the exploit Comex is working on in SSBB, it does not require the transfer of save files, but simply loads boot.dol after reaching a certain point in the game (I dont know if this is possible).
Or abuses the album/replay/stage files to cause an overload thereby launching boot.dol.

operator11

Smash Cadet
BootMii includes a Recovery Mode, which can make your Wii practically unbrickable. And if your Wii ever does get bricked, you can use BootMii to run Homebrew programs to fix the bricks.

Think of BootMii as a superior version of Preloader, and once it's released, Preloader will become obsolete.

Hopefully, Comex's exploit will work with the BootMii installer.

For anyone wondering about BootMii, here are some links to look at.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/BootMii
http://hackmii.com/2009/04/updates/
Thanks for these links, but I was just wondering if the picture in the second link (http://hackmii.com/2009/04/updates/) will replace the health screen when the wii is turned on. Also, does the wii boot into the display shown in the picture in (http://hackmii.com/2009/04/updates/) even if bricked. Please can I have some more info on this recovery mode, and some more hints to how close we are to seeing bootmii_core.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
man all i hear is "comex is doing this or that" i wish he'd give us a few words so we wouldnt feel so dam lost lol.

trickmaster

Smash Rookie
Can't wait for this to be released, keep up the good work!
I wish I could learn how to hack a wii somehow...

comboking

Smash Master
BootMii - let’s call it the BootMii platform - is about changing that. Instead of being users of the system, doomed to hacking our ways from the inside, we’re going to turn the tables around. Now we’ll have control and Nintendo’s software will have to go through us to do anything.http://hackmii.com/2008/10/bootmii-the-beginning/

Basically this is what BootMii does.

operator11

Smash Cadet
BootMii - let’s call it the BootMii platform - is about changing that. Instead of being users of the system, doomed to hacking our ways from the inside, we’re going to turn the tables around. Now we’ll have control and Nintendo’s software will have to go through us to do anything.http://hackmii.com/2008/10/bootmii-the-beginning/

Basically this is what BootMii does.
Thats a swell article, but how will the recovery mode work, please can you provide me with some more info on that. Cheers in advance.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Any estimate when it will be avaiable to use?
What, Bootmii or BaNNeRBoMB?
Comex's exploit was rumored to be out by April 28, but that never happened. Even now, there's no info about when the exploit will be released.

BootMii has no release date. DO NOT ask why the installer isn't out yet. BootMii will be released when Team Twiizers is ready to release it.

Rain the Link Main

Smash Cadet
Ok guys Swordplay just sent me all his stuff you need to run homebrew.... AND I GOT IT!!!!

But when I tryed to run it.... "this channel cannot be run from the Wii Console" i was like wtf yo

Ok then I tryed to copy it to the Wii. " this channel cannot be copied to the wii console." WTF

So yeah all can do is wait.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ok guys Swordplay just sent me all his stuff you need to run homebrew.... AND I GOT IT!!!!

But when I tryed to run it.... "this channel cannot be run from the Wii Console" i was like wtf yo

Ok then I tryed to copy it to the Wii. " this channel cannot be copied to the wii console." WTF

So yeah all can do is wait.
Yeah the HBC only works if it's saved onto your Wii System Memory, and since 4.0 prevents you from moving or copying the HBC from an SD card, you're screwed. I learned that the hard way when I was testing out the SD Card Menu. Now I'm like you, waiting for this exploit that's taking over a month to finish up.

Smash Journeyman
Yay. As soon as I read the title I thought there was an easier way to get HBC on 4.0 so I went and downloaded 4.0 on my Wii. Now I come back and actually read the topic and see there is nothing that's released nor will it be released soon. FML.

operator11

Smash Cadet
How will Comex's brawl explot work? Does anyone have a clue, or is he still yet to announce that.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
i think comex has competition , check this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOCVOVQSwh4
The spoof only works for specific Wiis, and requires a certain Homebrew program. It's 100% useless if you don't already have the HBC.

If you have 4.0 but no HBC, your only option is wait until Comex releases his exploit and Team Twiizers releases BootMii or a new version of the HBC installer.

The method for downgrading from 4.0 to 3.2 does have a step that checks your SD channels to see if any were pirated. And since Comex's exploit is a channel, it'll likely be recognized as a pirated channel.

shumaru

Smash Rookie
The spoof only works for specific Wiis, and requires a certain Homebrew program. It's 100% useless if you don't already have the HBC.

If you have 4.0 but no HBC, your only option is wait until Comex releases his exploit and Team Twiizers releases BootMii or a new version of the HBC installer.

The method for downgrading from 4.0 to 3.2 does have a step that checks your SD channels to see if any were pirated. And since Comex's exploit is a channel, it'll likely be recognized as a pirated channel.
so comex exploit is better , oh that cool , when this release can some one put the link and the tutorial here plz

operator11

Smash Cadet
I wouldnt get too sure that the Mario Spoof thing is useless. Maybe we buy the channel, copy it to the sd card modify it with a pc tool, and then copy it back so it can run boot.dol. Any ideas on if this could work ...

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I really wish Comex would hurry up and post his exploit. I want the unlimited-length replay hack soooooo badly...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I wouldnt get too sure that the Mario Spoof thing is useless. Maybe we buy the channel, copy it to the sd card modify it with a pc tool, and then copy it back so it can run boot.dol. Any ideas on if this could work ...
From what I've heard, it's a VERY tedious task, and requires the use of a Homebrew program. Just look in the article on the link below.

http://teamnewcode.blogspot.com/2009/04/super-mario-spoof-v001a-proof-of.html

If you don't want to struggle with all this, just stick with Comex's exploit. And once BootMii is out, stick to that for running Homebrew (and of course downgrade if you plan on reinstalling the HBC with the Twilight Hack).

I really wish Comex would hurry up and post his exploit. I want the unlimited-length replay hack soooooo badly...
I can feel your pain. I accidentally deleted my HBC after updating, and I haven't been able to test out any of my custom textures ever since.

Complaining isn't gonna solve anything though.

apostilleus

Smash Rookie
» Homebrew for Wii 4.0ers!

Someone important did read the forums and replied to my comments. I stand by my statement though. I no longer stand by my statement.I think Team Twiizers will come up with an exploit for the System Menu 4.0 before Comex releases a working version of BannerBomb that can be installed on System Menu 4.0. I hope Comex comes up with something, but I'm not sure BannerBomb, or whatever it's called now, will work on a virgin System Menu 4.0. Hopefully fixing this is causing the delay. I agree with you that Team Twiizers is working on BootMii, but Comex is also working on other programs, he's made that quite clear in IRC. Hey, I'm correct about this.

shumaru

Smash Rookie
that code is already out...
but for this code i need HBC an my wii no have that channel , when comex release his exploit the first i have to do is say Thanks to all people work in this exploit and the next i do is instal to my wii an i will be happy

metaXzero

Smash Champion
After I got Brawl+ (and DVD play), many of my friends wanted to learn how too. Unfortunantely, they've updated to 4.0... They now ask when the workaround is out.

Should be happy that someone makes a workaround (especially with 4.0 apparently being a doozy).

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
but for this code i need HBC an my wii no have that channel , when comex release his exploit the first i have to do is say Thanks to all people work in this exploit and the next i do is instal to my wii an i will be happy
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i get it. NVM, but do u have update 4.0? if so, i feel ur pain... not that i updated :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

fools....mwahaHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I Haz News

Mods, if you don't think this should be allowed to be discussed on Smashboards, then by all means edit out my post.

But I think I have news for those with 4.0 wii's without homebrew: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=153378

Simply put, BootMii, Bannerbomb and DVDX is all coming out in one package, and it's going to be released in the next few weeks. Although, I dunno when the exact release date is, and I would NOT ask him either.

I think the code for Bannerbomb is already done, just not released, and bushing just gave us a reason why.

Almas

Smash Lord
It's certainly good news. Right now I'm not too fussed about this knowledge being here - especially considering things like BootMii are actively anti-piracy which is one of the issues with homebrew being discussed here.

I'll be talking with important people to ensure it's acceptable for this information to be posted here. Until then, enjoy reading about it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If you plan on installing BootMii, you need to understand how it'll work.

The first public beta is designed to work on all Wiis bought before late 2008. To know if your Wii is compatible with BootMii, check the barcode on your Wii.

From what I hear, if your Wii's barcode starts with LU64 or higher, BootMii can't be installed onto your Wii; it'll have a brand new boot1, which disables BootMii as a boot2 hack.

If you've bought your Wii before late 2008, the first BootMii installer should work on your Wii, even if the System Menu is 4.0, and was updated through Nintendo.

For anyone that has a Wii with the barcode, LU64 or higher, you're out of luck.

D

Deleted member

^that pretty much, though I thought it was more like early 2009 (feb/mar)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom