• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Homebrew for Wii 4.0ers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

operator11

Smash Cadet
Pal

So has Comex made a bannerbomb version compatible with PAL, or is it still on development?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I don't know how that'll work out. It'll obviously work differently than the HBC.

Normally, you can't run that program without the Twilight Hack or the HBC, and it's unknown if BaNNeRBoMB even works with it; there are no videos of the Homebrew Launcher being loaded by BaNNeRBoMB.
No, but Bannerbomb runs any boot.dol, am I right? Using Bannerbomb to launch Homebrew Launcher each time might be a tiny hassle, but it'll serve as a replacement for HBC if Bannerbomb is released.

Edit: Do you have to have the homebrew channel for this the Homebrew Launcher?
Not really, though since I have a 4.0U Wii and a mistakenly-deleted homebrew channel, I can't tell for sure. Since Twilight Hack, Bannerbomb and HBC have the same purpose (launching boot.dol), why won't Homebrew Launcher work?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm really starting to lose faith on the BaNNeRBoMB exploit. We haven't gotten any new information about it since April 9, and that's causing people to doubt that it'll ever be released.

:confused: It's even more strange that even though the exploit is mentioned, there is no article about BaNNeRBoMB on Wiibrew.org.

:( Shame that I lost my HBC, because this is just plain ridiculous now, and I really want to host new texture hacks; I don't let people use my custom textures unless I've tested them out myself.

D

Deleted member

I'm really starting to lose faith on the BaNNeRBoMB exploit. We haven't gotten any new information about it since April 9, and that's causing people to doubt that it'll ever be released.

:confused: It's even more strange that even though the exploit is mentioned, there is no article about BaNNeRBoMB on Wiibrew.org.

:( Shame that I lost my HBC, because this is just plain ridiculous now, and I really want to host new texture hacks; I don't let people use my custom textures unless I've tested them out myself.
It's called Working Title Exploit, remember?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's called Working Title Exploit, remember?
I'm well aware of that. But remember, the exploit has been named BaNNeRBoMB even back when it was first introduced. Some people like Igglyboo just don't like the name that Comex named the exploit.

D

Deleted member

I'm well aware of that. But remember, the exploit has been named BaNNeRBoMB even back when it was first introduced. Some people like Igglyboo just don't like the name that Comex named the exploit.
IIRC comex said he didn't like the name, maybe I'll ask him.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Considering that all we've seen are videos, yeah. The devs are telling us it's just that they need to replace "Message 1" and "Message 2" with something else, but that's merely cosmetic and none of us really care.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/System_Menu_4.0#What_is_affected This is the only mention of Bannerbomb on Wiibrew thus far.

ChronoTrigga

Smash Apprentice
Question: Is there ever going to be a way w/o having to get HBC or Gecko's for people who are too lazy to hack their wii's to play Brawl+ by just stuffing something on their SD card?

operator11

Smash Cadet
One thing that I seem to recall is that the message boxes had to be fixed up. Although, it shouldn't take THAT long to fix up that bug.

Also, don't forget that Comex is also working on a program called Benzin, which has absolutely nothing to do with the BaNNeRBoMB exploit.

We might've received this exploit much earlier if Comex actually had a Wii to test his exploit with. The wait is killing me, but I know that I have to stay patient.

By the way, Team Twiizers has made progress with BootMii. It could someday be the new solution for those who can't get the HBC if everything works as planned.
Cheers, this is explains why it hasnt been released (sort of), but what is BENZIN coz I have googled heavily but cannot understand what it does, and when it will finish...?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Cheers, this is explains why it hasnt been released (sort of), but what is BENZIN coz I have googled heavily but cannot understand what it does, and when it will finish...?
Here's a URL to the article talking about the Benzin program.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Benzin

Keep note that this is a completely different program, and has absolutely nothing to do with the BaNNeRBoMB exploit in any way.

operator11

Smash Cadet
???

Here's a URL to the article talking about the Benzin program.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Benzin

Keep note that this is a completely different program, and has absolutely nothing to do with the BaNNeRBoMB exploit in any way.
Sorry, bit complicated for me, can you plz sum it up and tell me what it does and how it helps, coz I was aware of the link, but had no clue what it was saying. Cheers in advance.
PS: I knew it had nothing to do with BaNNeRBoMB, I was just curious of what it was.

Almas

Smash Lord
I'd like to remind y'all that while it's fine to be enthusiastic about this, for the time being, anyone who provides a link to information pertaining acquiring or using this method will be shot and then tortured.

I'm sure it will be released soon enough, they have some final issues to work over dealing with newer Wiis, and they aren't intending to release an incomplete thing.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Well, I don't know whats going on, but the exploit already works on 3.0u, 3.2u, and 4.0u....There is no way to install HBC with it, but it can run geckoos, and therefore, brawl+ already.

shumaru

Smash Rookie
Well, I don't know whats going on, but the exploit already works on 3.0u, 3.2u, and 4.0u....There is no way to install HBC with it, but it can run geckoos, and therefore, brawl+ already.
really , but how ? and were is the link

Arkaether

Smash Ace
I seem to remember bannerbomb needing a specific key unique to each Wii in order to run, which you could only get with the HBC, therefore rendering it useless. It could have just been a rumor you needed HBC to run his report thing, so I'm not too sure.

Just throwing that out there.

operator11

Smash Cadet
Problem

Guys, is there any way of curing a semi-brick on 3.4E chipped wii without updating, and without having homebrew installed.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Guys, is there any way of curing a semi-brick on 3.4E chipped wii without updating, and without having homebrew installed.
You'll probably need to seek a forum with people who know more about Wii homebrew, like GBA temp...or something like that. There's probably a way.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I seem to remember bannerbomb needing a specific key unique to each Wii in order to run, which you could only get with the HBC, therefore rendering it useless. It could have just been a rumor you needed HBC to run his report thing, so I'm not too sure.
No. A guy made a youtube video called "Working Title Exploit" exactly like IgglyBoo's(TheRealTracePillars). That guy was using a resigned super mario bros nes VC channel that had the hbc installer injected into it.

To do that, you need to have run homebrew on that wii already. People confused this guys video with bannerbomb, even though he was just an idiot.

operator11

Smash Cadet
Doubts

It must be said, i'm having some serious doubts about BaNNeRBoMB being true. Its been ages since it was supposedly created, and the status about BaNNeRBoMB being the workarounds for HBC Installer and twilight hack has been REMOVED from Wiibrew, as pointed out by someone on this thread. Is BaNNeRBoMB going to ACTUALLY come within the next week or two, or is there another known exploit for 4.0???

PS: Anybody got a clue on how to cure a semi brick on a chipped 3.4 wii without updating through an update disk?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It must be said, i'm having some serious doubts about BaNNeRBoMB being true. Its been ages since it was supposedly created, and the status about BaNNeRBoMB being the workarounds for HBC Installer and twilight hack has been REMOVED from Wiibrew, as pointed out by someone on this thread. Is BaNNeRBoMB going to ACTUALLY come within the next week or two, or is there another known exploit for 4.0???

PS: Anybody got a clue on how to cure a semi brick on a chipped 3.4 wii without updating through an update disk?
With all of this hype going around, I think it's best that we don't complain about why the exploit isn't out.

It may have been one month since I updated to 4.0 and accidentally deleting my HBC, but I know that complaining isn't gonna solve anything.

All we can do is wait, and it's probably a better idea if we don't talk about the exploit for awhile.

shumaru

Smash Rookie
i wanna thank to all people are working in new exploit for 4.0u , and well i be waiting
Shumaru

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Wow, 4.0 is still not out?!? This must be hard to hack pass the Wii while it's on 4.0 without violating the warranty huh?

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Wow, 4.0 is still not out?!? This must be hard to hack pass the Wii while it's on 4.0 without violating the warranty huh?
Apparently.

There were rumors it was going to be released today, but they were completely unfounded and as such dismissed. Comex released something a few weeks ago that he said he aims to get it out before his birthday (which would be tomorrow).

The only problem is we've seen beta testers use this to run homebrew, why not release a public beta like BootMii is doing? It's been shown to run boot.dol already, and I know comex has a life and is working on another project, but this project has no status or annnouncements so right now even I'm doubting this'll be ever released.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I had a feeling that this so called rumor would be a bust. Shame too, since this is the only way that System Menu 4.0 users can execute Homebrew programs if they have no HBC installed.

Sooner or later it should be released, but again we'll never know when.

operator11

Smash Cadet

So he's not going to release it before his birthday? or will he release it tomorrow (or not at all).

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
There's also no way to download a cIOS on wii 4.0 is there? (If you haven't already) Even if you already have the HBC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom