• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Homebrew for Wii 4.0ers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
I am using LoadMii and when I get to the Gecko menu it says it is applying the codes. But then all I get is a code dump what am I doing wrong?
I load LoadMii with bannerbomb btw.
Gecko OS does not work with bannerbomb. You must install the HBC first with bannerbomb.

comboking

Smash Master
It did not work. Here is some of the code dump info.

Exception (DSI) occured!
GPR06 FFFFF61C GPR08 CD0000004 GPR16 80EA0000 GPR24 80EA0000 (FIRSTLINE)

Stack Dump!
80e 09a34 --> 80030000 81240000 7F804800 --> 409E0014 (THE ARROWS MIGHT BE IN THE WRONG PLACE) If no one can awnser tell me who to contact.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I am using LoadMii and when I get to the Gecko menu it says it is applying the codes. But then all I get is a code dump what am I doing wrong?
I load LoadMii with bannerbomb btw.
Gecko OS does not work with bannerbomb. You must install the HBC first with bannerbomb.
Thats why I use WiiLoad.
It did not work. Here is some of the code dump info.

Exception (DSI) occured!
GPR06 FFFFF61C GPR08 CD0000004 GPR16 80EA0000 GPR24 80EA0000 (FIRSTLINE)

Stack Dump!
80e 09a34 --> 80030000 81240000 7F804800 --> 409E0014 (THE ARROWS MIGHT BE IN THE WRONG PLACE) If no one can awnser tell me who to contact.
You need to install the HBC to run Gecko OS, but since you can't normally install it onto System Menu 4.0, you need to run some downgraders. Sadly, I can't tell you how to do it on these forums.

USrob

Smash Cadet
Quick ? I am not sure that you can answer it but a buddy of mine was supposed to help me out with the HBC for months now I am just going to try myself but anyways, If I reformat my system that should fix back to 3.4 correct ??

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Quick ? I am not sure that you can answer it but a buddy of mine was supposed to help me out with the HBC for months now I am just going to try myself but anyways, If I reformat my system that should fix back to 3.4 correct ??
No. Reformatting your system will do nothing. All it will do is cause you to lose all data you already have while retaining your current firmware.

ChronoTrigga

Smash Apprentice
Too bad there's no easy install for HBC. =/ Like just copying something to an SD card and not requiring twilight hack. =( I really wanna play brawl + but i already accidently 4.0'd my self before I knew about that. :( :(

USrob

Smash Cadet
No. Reformatting your system will do nothing. All it will do is cause you to lose all data you already have while retaining your current firmware.
Ty leaf green . I am guessing I have no choice but to get a mod chip correct ? If so what one you recommend ?

Revven

FrankerZ
Too bad there's no easy install for HBC. =/ Like just copying something to an SD card and not requiring twilight hack. =( I really wanna play brawl + but i already accidently 4.0'd my self before I knew about that. :( :(
You don't need the Twilight Hack for bannerbomb... what you just said is essentially what bannerbomb does...

operator11

Smash Cadet
rofl i got like half a homebrew channel. just a black channel that says homebrew launcher lol.
Is there any way of reducing the way of having to go to the channels menu and then launch the HB launcher. Its pissing me off a bit (im on LU64)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
LU64?? I wanna learn more, I am getting much better at learning all the different things.
An LU64+ Wii is a Wii that has a barcode starting with LU64 or higher. These Wiis have a new boot1 (which prevents BootMii from working as a boot2 hack), and does not have the old IOSes.

These Wiis can't be downgraded, and a great deal of Homebrew applications are rendered useless since they either require an old IOS or the IOS Downgrader to work. Any attempts to downgrade those Wiis will cause them to become bricked.

In other words, Homebrew is currently out of reach for the LU64+ Wiis, but the older Wiis (Wiis with a barcode lower than LU64) are still safe.

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
So let me get this: You install this program on your SD card, check out your SD card's memory, the Message comes up, you get the HB Channel, and that's that? How would I get B+ then?

Almas

Smash Lord
Right. Excitement is good, but as stated before, we're not allowed to discuss installing homebrew, which is all this method does at this point in time. I'm closing this thread before more serious methods will be necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom