• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Homebrew for Wii 4.0ers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Question: Do you still need Zelda to get homebrew?
*facepalms*

I honestly hope you're kidding.

The Twilight Hack has been negated in the 4.0U patch. Bannerbomb will be/is the only way to hack your Wii, unless you're running an earlier system menu version.

RedyBz

Smash Cadet
*facepalms*

I honestly hope you're kidding.
Sadly i'm not sorry if i didn't follow the news.

The Twilight Hack has been negated in the 4.0U patch. Bannerbomb will be/is the only way to hack your Wii, unless you're running an earlier system menu version.

thank you to answer.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I found a way to get the Homebrew Channel on a 4.0 Wii with this, but I can't post about it, and it only works with Wiis whose barcodes don't begin with LU64. Anyone with AIM or Windows Live/MSN, add me and I'll tell you.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Which version works with 4.0? (PS: thanks Comex)

Will this work on LU64 Wiis?
Comex's exploit works on any System Menu ranging from 3.2 to 4.0. While it can be used to install the HBC, you need to follow some extra steps for the 4.0 System Menus.

If your Wii's barcode starts with LU64 or higher, you can't use the 4.0 downgrader guide at all to get the HBC.

If you can get the HBC onto 4.0, you can stick with that System Menu for good since future System Menu updates could mean trouble for the HBC in the future.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
For anyone that needs help... due to the Mother's Day stuff I won't be available to help.

But contact me on AIM (realweatherowner) after 6pm EST today and I will tell you how to set this up.

operator11

Smash Cadet
Comex's exploit works on any System Menu ranging from 3.2 to 4.0. While it can be used to install the HBC, you need to follow some extra steps for the 4.0 System Menus.

If your Wii's barcode starts with LU64 or higher, you can't use the 4.0 downgrader guide at all to get the HBC.

If you can get the HBC onto 4.0, you can stick with that System Menu for good since future System Menu updates could mean trouble for the HBC in the future.
Which extra steps would be required to install the HBC on LU64 on 4.0? As far as I know, there is no current fix, is there progress being made on fixing the installer?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Which extra steps would be required to install the HBC on LU64 on 4.0? As far as I know, there is no current fix, is there progress being made on fixing the installer?
Yep. For now use the Homebrew Launcher.

Kaitou Ace

Smash Apprentice
Using the bannerbomb method, I'm happy to report that I have the homebrew channel on my Wii now :D Luckily my Wii was LU60. Not to be a noob or anything and maybe I should read some guides but out of my excitement and restlessness, HOW DO I GET B+ NOW?! D:

Arkaether

Smash Ace
Go to the nightly build page, download gecko 1.9. Unzip it and navigate to the "HBC" folder, then go to your SD card, make a folder called "apps", and place the gecko folder into "apps". Download the gameconfig.txt file from http://tinyurl.com/brawlplus and the REBE01.gct from the PUT IN /CODES folder. Place the gameconfig.txt into the root directory of your SD card. Make a folder called "codes" and place the RSBE01.gct into it. Put the SD card in your wii, run the HBC, run Gecko, and there you go.

rinoH

Smash Lord
wait so after i install it can i update my wii back to 4.0 so i can play my other games or do i have to keep it like this to play brawl+ ? also do those codes let you play online with them

Almas

Smash Lord
Right. The method is out. You can find it if you try hard enough. We're all happy to see it.

If you use it successfully, we'll tell you how to set up everything to play Brawl with codes.

Do not post any requests for advice on how to get this method working on your Wii, nor links to places where it can be found.

Thank you.

storm92

Smash Ace
For everyone who needs help (not with 4.0), I have written up a short guide that includes two files (one for the installation of Homebrew and the other for Brawl+ ready to go) both uploaded to MegaUpload.
If you want it easy and explained out step-by-step for you, PM me/AIM me and I'll link you!

comboking

Smash Master
downgrading the wii is really risky.
But if you do will the SD menu still stay on the wii?
Also when nintendo wants us to update we shouldn't right but then how will we get the updates.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
downgrading the wii is really risky.
But if you do will the SD menu still stay on the wii?
Also when nintendo wants us to update we shouldn't right but then how will we get the updates.
Yeah, downgrading can be risky, but you don't have to downgrade the System Menu to install the HBC. I was able to install the HBC by following the 4.0 downgrader guide, but the final step involved the HBC installer instead of the System Menu downgrader.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It isn't that risky, I've done it many times...
Well I never attempted to downgrade anything until yesterday. It's a good thing that I have the HBC again since Comex's exploit seems to only work with installers and downgraders (it doesn't work very well with System Menu downgraders though).

At least the one thing that's good about Comex's exploit is that it can actually install the HBC onto System Menu 4.0 if you use the correct downgrading tools. Too bad the tools are useless with the LU64+ Wiis.

rinoH

Smash Lord
yeah ive been playing B+ and its realy fun i want to use texture hacks but it seems really hard to use them

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Google is your friend. Youtube can help too. STOP ASKING HOW TO GET HOMEBREW/ OTHER EXPLOITS TO WORK HERE!

This isn't directed at anyone except anyone who considers, or has, asked for help.

comboking

Smash Master
I am using LoadMii and when I get to the Gecko menu it says it is applying the codes. But then all I get is a code dump what am I doing wrong?
I load LoadMii with bannerbomb btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom