• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Homebrew for Wii 4.0ers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Luckily for us, the new exploit uses Brawl.
Edit: And no, that's not true, comex is working on something else right now, but he hasn't said anything about canceling work the other exploit.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Luckily for us, the new exploit uses Brawl.
Edit: And no, that's not true, comex is working on something else right now, but he hasn't said anything about canceling work the other exploit.
Well it sounds real stupid to be canceling a project that you've been working on even back on March 31. Seriously, it has been proven that the BaNNeRBoMB exploit works with System Menu 4.0. So, instead of toying with us Comex, you should consider releasing the BaNNeRBoMB exploit as soon as possible.

Almas

Smash Lord
I think you should consider holding back on telling a talented programmer what to do with his unpaid spare time.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think you should consider holding back on telling a talented programmer what to do with his unpaid spare time.
wow he has a point there
You're probably right. Can't rush greatness after all. Plus, I was in a foul mood when I heard about this dilemma.

It's tough when you lost your HBC over 2 weeks ago, and the instant you hear about the exploit progress, it gets you all hyped up.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I checked back on some Youtube videos regarding the BaNNeRBoMB exploit. It seems like people are claiming that the exploit is fake, AGAIN.

Don't ask me why, but it seems that ever since Comex alternated to working on another exploit (Benzin is one known program that he's involved with), many people are bringing back the old "exploit is fake" routine.

shadowtroop

Smash Ace
Does this new exploit have a name/video?

I would like BaNNeR Bomb to be released, It seems easier and you don't need the homebrew channel!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Does this new exploit have a name/video?

I would like BaNNeR Bomb to be released, It seems easier and you don't need the homebrew channel!
The so called *Working Title* Exploit is none other than the BaNNeRBoMB. However, some people hate that exploit name (such as Youtube member, TheRealTracePillars).

Anyway, Comex is a real busy guy, and he has more to work on than just BaNNeRBoMB. The exploit's release is still unknown, but some people lost hope when they got word that Comex is working on another program. Some are even claiming that the BaNNeRBoMB exploit is fake when there are many video sources confirming that the exploit is real.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
TheRealTracePillars=IgglyBoo

To be honest, I think comex got bored. The only things I see that need fixing are the "Message 1", "Message 2" prompts. The people coming on IRC and bagering him about the release aren't helping either.

Also, comex doesn't have a wii. Thats right, he doesn't even have a wii to actually test on!

Just wait, he will eventually release it :p

operator11

Smash Cadet
Use it to run a downgrader

Can Bannerbomb be used to run a downgrader to 3.2, where you can do either the twilight hack, or a different version of Bannerbomb?

shumaru

Smash Rookie
i saw the video , an my wii is 4.0u , but is update by accident , before that update mi wii are 3.2, can i do someting

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
err... Can I put the Homebrew channel on my SD card and run it through my Wii, without actually putting it on my Wii?
Sadly no. The HBC has to be saved onto the Wii System Memory to work.

Wii System Menu 4.0 will NOT let you run the HBC through your SD card. Plus, although you can copy the HBC to your SD card, it doesn't let you copy the HBC from your SD card.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Can Bannerbomb be used to run a downgrader to 3.2, where you can do either the twilight hack, or a different version of Bannerbomb?
This will completly replace the twilight hack, even for versions <4.0. It is faster, doesn't require Zelda+Nunchuck+Copying a save. You can run a downgrader, but the downgrader may not work due to changes in 4.0. As far as I know, there is one version of BannerBomb, that works on at least 3.0u, 3.2u, and 4.0u.(I have personally tested those.)

err... Can I put the Homebrew channel on my SD card and run it through my Wii, without actually putting it on my Wii?
Technically, yes, you could, you would have to somehow get just the executable part of the hbc channel off the nand of a already softmodded wii :p I will have to try this. I don't think the HBC dol actually depends on being on the nand. But distributing it at all that way breaks the license, so thats not really a fix to commit to.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
The downgrader does work.
You ca use any region changer to bring your wii back to 3.2 U since the Wii keeps a back up of its firmware.
WTF are you talking about. Do you even know if ARC works on 4.0? The wii doesn't keep a backup of its firmware, you have misunderstood the IOS system. If the wii had a backup of systemmenu 3.2 on it, ARC wouldn't need to connect to the internet.

operator11

Smash Cadet
Question for Dantarion

Dantarion, you must know Comex right. So why hasn't it been released for 4.0, coz u said there were working versions for 3.2U, 3.4U and 4.0U

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Dantarion, you must know Comex right. So why hasn't it been released for 4.0, coz u said there were working versions for 3.2U, 3.4U and 4.0U
One thing that I seem to recall is that the message boxes had to be fixed up. Although, it shouldn't take THAT long to fix up that bug.

Also, don't forget that Comex is also working on a program called Benzin, which has absolutely nothing to do with the BaNNeRBoMB exploit.

We might've received this exploit much earlier if Comex actually had a Wii to test his exploit with. The wait is killing me, but I know that I have to stay patient.

By the way, Team Twiizers has made progress with BootMii. It could someday be the new solution for those who can't get the HBC if everything works as planned.

operator11

Smash Cadet
Questions for Dantarion

1.I heard that Comex is working on a new exploit, which may be better than Bannerbomb, but when will it be released?

2.Is there a fix for the HBC Installer?

3.The link which could be used to generate report.txt (http://qoid.us/aaa2.zip) WAS dead, how come it works now?

Cheers, u r a legend.

Wolf2222

Smash Rookie
Hi All

I am new to this and found out that I have a wii 4.0E. Do we know when the new version is expected to be out as i am kean to use it as i have heard a lot about it or is there a way to downgrade from 4.0 to 3.4 with out homebrew installed.

comboking

Smash Master
1.I heard that Comex is working on a new exploit, which may be better than Bannerbomb, but when will it be released?

2.Is there a fix for the HBC Installer?

3.The link which could be used to generate report.txt (http://qoid.us/aaa2.zip) WAS dead, how come it works now?

Cheers, u r a legend.
What does that link do? I mean what is the down load used for?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What does that link do? I mean what is the down load used for?
The link basically contains a channel that's to be used with the HBC, along with a Homebrew program. It's basically a program that checks to see if your Wii will work with Comex's BaNNeRBoMB exploit.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
so u need homebrew channel for the wii? to use it that is
Pretty much. No HBC, no way you could help Comex out. Hopefully, once BaNNeRBoMB is released to the public, we might not have to worry about installing the HBC if all we're using is Gecko OS.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Great to here, though I'm not a fan of Brawl+ but I do like the region free games that is coming out latter in the future that I want to play. =P

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
How come nobody has thought of the Homebrew Launcher?

Seriously, that could replace the Homebrew Channel and it's quickly launchable by Bannerbomb and can run any boot.dol that's stored in apps.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
How come nobody has thought of the Homebrew Launcher?

Seriously, that could replace the Homebrew Channel and it's quickly launchable by Bannerbomb and can run any boot.dol that's stored in apps.
I don't know how that'll work out. It'll obviously work differently than the HBC.

Normally, you can't run that program without the Twilight Hack or the HBC, and it's unknown if BaNNeRBoMB even works with it; there are no videos of the Homebrew Launcher being loaded by BaNNeRBoMB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom