• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 35(mk banned): Project WHOBO 4 (phase 1)! FULL RESULTS ARE UP!!!!!!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Okay, so do you agree that Gnes+Razer deserved first seed, regardless if they go TL+Diddy or whatever they choose?

:phone:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Find me one REPUTABLE TO that agrees with you and I promise I won't mention this ever again.
whether TOs of high/low quality agree with me or not means NOTHING to me. I dont care if u mention this today/tomorrow or forever. i will do what i want.

It doesn't matter what I or you or Denti or ALAM thnks...if the first seeded team, which earned their seed from winning past tourneys, decide to go random+random, that is their choice.
nice. and if its known they will go ganon or w/e 99% of the tournament, i will reseed them accordingly.

Gea told me there was a tourney back in Melee where Isai went all Yoshi in pools? Does this mean he didn't deserve first seed in that pool when it was assigned?
dude nice. comparing apples(pools) to oranges(teams).

No Xyro, a bad TO does things that aren't well-established, like allowing items or banned stages. So I guess all those tourneys with all stages and items have good TOs because they chose not to "go by the book" and used their uninformed common sense?
yet again you are comparing apples(difference in TOing) to oranges(BANNED stages/items). good job.

PS: "well established" doesnt mean its the ONLY/CORRECT way to go. Again, u aint a TO so u dont know jack. you do know that there is NOT an official standard when it comes to TOing right. MANY MANY TOs do things differently than onther TOs. Im no different.

You're free to do what you want provided there is a good explanation, not "just because I said so." Imagine if cops gave tickets "just because." Imagine You would contest that ticket in a heartbeat.
1. i dont need to give you ANY kind of explanation. you are lucky i even bother responding to you.

2. and if i give you a "just because" explaination, DEAL WITH IT.

3. cops give tickets ALL THE TIME for no reason(or a made up reason) or by mistake.

At this point, the only lesson here is to NOT do what you did.
in your opinion, sure. not that yours matter.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Okay, so do you agree that Gnes+Razer deserved first seed, regardless if they go TL+Diddy or whatever they choose?

absolutely. they are one of the best teams in the world. i believe that in a standard 1v1 tournament they should always be one of the highest seeds, and in a tx only tourney, always top seed.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Sorry Jnig, I just have to call out ******** **** when I see it. If Smash ever wants to be taken seriously, dumb decisions and lack of good reasoning will not help.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Whatever Xyro. Enjoy being wrong, as usual.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
@ RT, do you think razer and gnes shouldve been seeded lower? i am lost in this convo
No, they deserve first seed. They have proven themselves at enough tournaments, including several nationals. They are the best team in Texas. They earned their seeding. Seeding is based on skill, generally wins over loses. All competitions, video games, sports, etc. use this basis. This cannot be argued.

Now, if they want to "waste" their seeding by not going their mains, that is their choice. There isn't a rule "locking" their character choice. Some fighting games have that rule, but Smash currently does not. In fact, a certain someone always preached that Smash has been a game about CPing. So maybe Gnes and Razer wanted to practice secondaries (which they obviously know how to play because they won, derp) now that MK is gone and they want to CP? And why not? That is their choice, their right. Is it fair to punish their seeding because they decide to use other characters? Is there any justification other than "I do what I want?" I can't think of any.

If they lose first round, okay, they can keep using secondaries, risk losing, and not place into money. That is their punishment for not using mains, no johns, they got what they deserved. But given the fact that managed to advanced all the way to GF using secondaries and only using their mains in GF is a testament of how good they are and further supports why they deserve top seed. And yes, I've heard back-talking that they're only good because of their characters. Guess what? The results speak for themselves, and you can't argue the results. This...is common sense.

Xyro77

No, they deserve first seed. They have proven themselves at enough tournaments, including several nationals. They are the best team in Texas. They earned their seeding. Seeding is based on skill, generally wins over loses. All competitions, video games, sports, etc. use this basis. This cannot be argued.

Now, if they want to "waste" their seeding by not going their mains, that is their choice. There isn't a rule "locking" their character choice. Some fighting games have that rule, but Smash currently does not. In fact, a certain someone always preached that Smash has been a game about CPing. So maybe Gnes and Razer wanted to practice secondaries (which they obviously know how to play because they won, derp) now that MK is gone and they want to CP? And why not? That is their choice, their right. Is it fair to punish their seeding because they decide to use other characters? Is there any justification other than "I do what I want?" I can't think of any.

If they lose first round, okay, they can keep using secondaries, risk losing, and not place into money. That is their punishment for not using mains, no johns, they got what they deserved. But given the fact that managed to advanced all the way to GF using secondaries and only using their mains in GF is a testament of how good they are and further supports why they deserve top seed. And yes, I've heard back-talking that they're only good because of their characters. Guess what? The results speak for themselves, and you can't argue the results. This...is common sense.
they earned their seeding due to using snake/diddy.

get it right.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Xyro, when everyone says you are wrong, you might need to consider that you might be.....wrong.

Ofcourse I appreciate I got a pretty easy bracket, so ;)

Xyro77

It's not a matter of right vs wrong. It's a matter of people understanding that I will do things my way and that there are many ways to get things done.

Look at the results. It's pretty much as expected. So my methods(w/e they are) get stuff done. I'm pretty much a savant at TOing. You new gen nerds will read about me in the TO chronicles one day.

Tesh

Smash Hero
It's not a matter of right vs wrong. It's a matter of people understanding that I will do things my way and that there are many ways to get things done.

Isn't the URC against TOs doing things their own way?

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
URC is about getting your own way lol, what they actually say is irrelevant to their cause. who cares

if you guys dont like allans way then dont go to allans tournaments.

if you do like it then go.

youll go anyway so deal with it

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
RT is right, but I love everyone and I had a good time.
Also, Pj was right too.

Gea

Smash Master
No. U are allowed to do w/e you want.

Just no sticky, really. Boohoo. Anyways why is everyone surprised that Allan's seeding is weird/bad/random? This was the 35th HOBO. It's been pretty consistently weird/bad/random for 35 HOBOs.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Xyro TOing Highlight #28:

Seed people through points over the course of 6 events, spend 4 hours finishing an amateur bracket for seeding purposes, and then end up seeding pro bracket by who has the coolest name and the size of their penis.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Hey RT, could you upload the matches of me and Zori? They were just friendlies and they'd be at the very beginning of when you started recording. I just wanna see what I was doing wrong.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
seeding at locals is hard as **** when half the players are really good and the other half are kinda good.

beat ppl or stop whining

also play friendlies & mms if u feel gyped imo imo

MK banned, Gnes still win. Mayb we should ban Diddy? :troll:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
hey kailo why don't u sck my **** or money match me in melee

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
you are ****ing garbage so i wont suck your ****, i have higher standards.

the MM is fine but dont expect me to actually travel to you to teach you why doing turn b cancelled bairs isnt innovative or actually any good at all.

why dont you just keep going to every thread you can,saying **** thats either been said already or is just obvious.

it is so weird how someone who talks so ****ing much has so little to add to anything.

you are a virus to the smash community.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hey RT, could you upload the matches of me and Zori? They were just friendlies and they'd be at the very beginning of when you started recording. I just wanna see what I was doing wrong.
I already deleted those vids...

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Dang, no worries. Aside from my mid-tier games and my match against PJ, I played like garbage, so it's probably better that I don't see them and rage quit life.

Denti

Smash Master
omggg please let this die already :(
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I barley check this thread now because of the topic. Like xyro ever changes how he does things anyways. It takes something like Rich brown vs Will at his national where top players spend hundreds of dollars to show up and get planked.

Xyro77

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I barley check this thread now because of the topic. Like xyro ever changes how he does things anyways. It takes something like Rich brown vs Will at his national where top players spend hundreds of dollars to show up and get planked.
correct. it takes something legit in order for me to change.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
LOL I love keyboard warriors. never change smashboards
real good comeback man.

you of all people.

i could say the same thing about someone who challenges someone to a MM when they live 14 hours away. let alone someone who spends their day saying ******** **** on smashboards, you are the poster child for "smashboards idiot"

the virus continues

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
In other news, vids should be all up late tonight.

Top Bottom