• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 27: Houston vs Dallas/San Antonio/Austin - SEPTEMBER 4th - BRING FULL SET UPS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Smoom you better not lose. If you lose it'll make me look bad =P I think I figured out how to beat you, but figuring it out last life of the 3rd game doesn't cut it. If you can save your match with Polt, please do so. I wanna check it out.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Smoom you better not lose. If you lose it'll make me look bad =P I think I figured out how to beat you, but figuring it out last life of the 3rd game doesn't cut it. If you can save your match with Polt, please do so. I wanna check it out.
I'll try to win and record, lol. I'll get it on my wii if I can.

I hope I don't do too bad...I heard Polt beat Hylian.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Heh, I can beat Hylian too =P Admittedly I haven't played him for a few months so he might beat me now, but don't look into it as say no way to win. You and Hylian have very different styles; you're more defensive and he's a little more aggressive, and your style worked against me and his doesn't. I expect to see you come out $5 richer after this thing's over.

Same with you Xyro =) I wanna see your MM with Polt if you do one, and I expect you to have $5 more in your pocket when it's done.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Can't go to this HOBO.

I"m attending AnimeFest.
It's always hard to decide if I want to play brawl that weekend or go to second biggest anime convention that will be in Dallas >.<

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I'll try to win and record, lol. I'll get it on my wii if I can.

I hope I don't do too bad...I heard Polt beat Hylian.
Don't worry if someone beats someone else. Hylian's ICs are a bit more sloppy than yours, though he's better at chaingrabbing. You seem to be more consistent.

:059:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Don't worry if someone beats someone else. Hylian's ICs are a bit more sloppy than yours, though he's better at chaingrabbing. You seem to be more consistent.

Whaaa I disagree completely lol.

Also, I've lost to like every yoshi lol

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Whaaa I disagree completely lol.

Also, I've lost to like every yoshi lol
It's a weird-*** matchup, and since Yoshi's not played by like... anyone other than myself and Polt, you probably won't ever have to worry about it unless Yoshi jumps up 20 spots in the tiers for no reason =)

Smoom77

Smash Master
I have to worry about it cause I play Yosh every hobo like twice in bracket, then twice in LT.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
I have to worry about it cause I play Yosh every hobo like twice in bracket, then twice in LT.
But I won't be at this Hobo so you don't have to worry about me!!! Though you have to worry about me in October. I don't remember playing you in Low-tier though, only in regular and you're 2 for 2 against me in that, so just keep doing what you're doing (until I figure it out and start beating you, heh). Whom do you play in Low-tier?

Smoom77

Smash Master
But I won't be at this Hobo so you don't have to worry about me!!! Though you have to worry about me in October. I don't remember playing you in Low-tier though, only in regular and you're 2 for 2 against me in that, so just keep doing what you're doing (until I figure it out and start beating you, heh). Whom do you play in Low-tier?
Lol, me just joking. I use Link and Ganon.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
^^^^

Haven't seen that pic in a while, heh.

Yeahhhh...Hylian lost to HadesBlade last weekend.

<3Jordan
Ouch... Hades isn't that good... Don't worry Hylian, I'll teach you the match-up next time we play =)

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Anyone wanna MM my Bowser at this?
aww, no easy money for me =(

Heh, just kidding Zig; your Bowser's solid but the Yoshi match-up is just laughably bad (not as bad as Ganondorf but it's pretty bad).

rel12

Smash Apprentice
^^^^

Haven't seen that pic in a while, heh.

Ouch... Hades isn't that good... Don't worry Hylian, I'll teach you the match-up next time we play =)
hades is decent, dnt be puttin down other yoshi's :( lol, how you been!?

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
hades is decent, dnt be puttin down other yoshi's :( lol, how you been!?
Heh, Hades is extremely predictable. He doesn't have that many combos so when he does get a hit in, he doesn't take full advantage of the damage (I blame that he plays mostly online - or at least he did). When things aren't going his way, he goes and lives on the ledge just throwing eggs. Any smart opponent can avoid them instead of trying to knock him off until he has to get back on the stage and then punish him (that is unless he's drastically changed his playstyle since I last watched him play others and play him myself).

*rant over*

I've been well =) What about you? Did you ever pick the game back up after you said you quit?

rel12

Smash Apprentice
Heh, Hades is extremely predictable. He doesn't have that many combos so when he does get a hit in, he doesn't take full advantage of the damage (I blame that he plays mostly online - or at least he did). When things aren't going his way, he goes and lives on the ledge just throwing eggs. Any smart opponent can avoid them instead of trying to knock him off until he has to get back on the stage and then punish him (that is unless he's drastically changed his playstyle since I last watched him play others and play him myself).

*rant over*

I've been well =) What about you? Did you ever pick the game back up after you said you quit?
haha yeah true but still :/ haha

& yeah i picked it back up! I should be coming to this hopefully!! but yeah I just started back up like a month or so ago

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Daaaaaaang YOSH! My Bowser's actually gotten a lot better since WHOBO. :)

Speaking of, Smoooooooom: Bowser vs. ICs MM? I'm down for PT, too.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Sure, I'll do Bowser. I've never played a PT before so I'd rather not. $1? I'm having a lot of MMs, lol.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Zigsta I'll MM your Bowser with Peach?
It's not .. a really fair matchup though.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Sounds good, Illmatic. I actually like the MU.

Gotta warn ya, though: I'm coming fresh off a MM win against a Peach!

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922

Heh, I can beat Hylian too =P Admittedly I haven't played him for a few months so he might beat me now, but don't look into it as say no way to win. You and Hylian have very different styles; you're more defensive and he's a little more aggressive, and your style worked against me and his doesn't. I expect to see you come out $5 richer after this thing's over.

Same with you Xyro =) I wanna see your MM with Polt if you do one, and I expect you to have $5 more in your pocket when it's done.
Ouch! You really want me to lose, huh? :laugh:

Speaking of Xyro, we need to do two MMs to make up for the lack of any during WHOBO 2.

Random Character, not Rainbow Cruise xD. And sure.
Aw... I was hoping it would be Rainbow Cruise. Back in Florida everyone called it Poltergust Cruise because that was my best stage. =P

It's a weird-*** matchup, and since Yoshi's not played by like... anyone other than myself and Polt, you probably won't ever have to worry about it unless Yoshi jumps up 20 spots in the tiers for no reason =)
I'm going to be the reason he moves up in the tier list. ;)

:069:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom