• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 27: Houston vs Dallas/San Antonio/Austin! FULL RESULTS ARE UP! VIDS COMING SOON!

graf_nik

Smash Cadet
i want to give a shoutout to:
Ponyo= thanks for letting me borrow your extra controller and you have great toon link.
Bio= your ZSS was best ive seen and thanks on the mini lecture on how things run.
Sync= i was glad to play a friendly with your snake
Kadin= your MK showed me why people hate metaknight
Gamma= your DK was one i never seen
Tallman= even though i got creamed it was cool how you used lucas
Smoom= i had no chance of getting out of that chain grab.
Diego= your marth was good
And anyone else at the tourney it was nice playing you if i played you and watching whoever was playing.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Zigsta, I saw our dubs set again. I didn't realize how bad tornado and arrow spam was ****** you. It was so hard to watch x)

BioDG

Smash Ace
Shoutouts, son!

Tesh: Always awesome to play with you. Those friendlies were intense as usual, haha. We gotta work on our team gameplay. We have the power!

UTD Zak: Your G&W is amazing!

graf_nik: Thanks, man! Your shiek wasn't bad. Hope to see you again in future hobos.

Leaf: Nice Pikachu! Those were fun matches.

Guy w/ skateboard who mains Fox: Awesome friendlies as usual. Your Fox owns and I look forward to playing your MK again. I need some serious practice on that matchup.

K Prime: Yeah, you dunno who I am, but just wanted to say your Pika is crazy. Awesome stuff.

Xyro: Thanks for organizing another great hobo! I was impressed that it went over smoothly considering LT dubs being added and more people showing up (more than what I've noticed, anyway).

Some guy who used CF and Marth: Eh, I wish I knew what you go by, but I have no idea. We played some friendlies (I was using Ike/ZSS). Best CF I ever played!

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
SPLIT 1: UltimateRazer: Good stuff little Mexico getting out of that slump.
SPLIT 2: Lee: It was nice to finally play you.
3: UTDZac: Nice talking to you. You're GnW is on that next level shiz.
4: Royr: Barely got to play you, but I saw a lot of your matches good stuff
5: Zori: No more purple pikmin plz.
5: Gnes: Gotta play that falco and diddy next time.
7: Espy: Never actually played your Sonic in solo : / but it was fun this weekend. Ganon **** and fun teams practice.
7: Hyro: Bess Tl I need to play you but you and Jerm were always MMing
9: Kprime: Had fun this weekend. A man of few words. Gotta play that Pikachu again. Was gonna ask you until you got food poisoning. : /
9: PolterGust: Don't sweat it on your placing man. Texas is hard. You got em' next time bud.
9: Jerm: Bess Tl I need to play you but you and Hyro were always MMing.
9: Trela: Close stuff in Teams xD I need to friendly you next time.
13: Esca: Fun friendlies man. Gotta play more next time.
13: RT: Didn't get to play you and your Lucario. : /
13: Ozz: Fun friendlies. Thanks for the MU experience.
13: Jnig: Friendlies next time.
17: Brett: I am disappoint. You will redeem yourself next time.
17: P4: Friendlies next time.
17: Illmatic: Finally got to play a **** peach. I need to learn that MU so next time I can give you a better match.
17: Smoom: Stepping up your Cgs man. Got your revenge. You deserved it.
17: Sync: Thanks for the housing bud. You are a really cool guy and would be glad to house you if we ever have anything in Austin.
17: Pj: I will MM you next time. Still need that TL exp.
17: Xyro: Fun teaming with you and this tourney went by fast. Sorry if I made any mistakes in teams. We will get em' next time buddy.
25: Diego: Nice marth, fun friendlies.
25: Alpha: Nice fox man, keep it up.
33: Zigsta: Had fun this weekend thanks for driving and the disney tunes. :D You're the best! Get em' next time with that PRO BOWSA.
33: Leaf: Friendlies next time. Still need more MU exp with that Pikachu.
33: Nike20: Bacon to 9 lol jking you are a great marth and will do better in tournament next time. I hope Austin can go to Smash con queso. This weekend was a blast and you were very chill but stop grabbing my nose. :D
33: Haptic: Hope you can make it to some Austin smashfests. I wanna play more of that Martha.
33: Gamma: Fun friendlies, nice DK.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Yeah, pretty sure you started D3 and went Wolf when we took you to Brinstar.
No. I went D3 the first match on BF that we lost, then I switched to Wolf and we won. THEN you CPed Brinstar on us. Xyro always told P4 you get the character by your name only if you wiin matches with that character, and I didn't win any with D3 but won one with Wolf :D It just makes me sad to not see my main by my name when I did good with him :( It'd be like someone putting ROB by Xyro's name but not Samus.

Edit: *Looks at the first page* Why did Xyro put Mario instead of Marth for Jim? o.O Also, it's fun making a bit deal about the character thing, since it makes me feel like something I did at the tourny mattered :p

:059:

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Lazy shoutouts time.

Sync: Thanks for housing us. You're awesome!
RoyR: Thanks for teaming with me. It was fun even though we did sorta bad.
Zigsta: Thanks for driving us. Loved the Disney music. =)
Everyone I played: GGs.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Wish I could've made this :/

Any MMs I accepted, I will play in Kingsville :] Screw Phase.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Shout-out time:

Razer: Sorry we didn't get a chance to play. We didn't talk much, but what we did have was fun. See you at the next tournament, and good job. Those games with Lee were beast.

Lee: I was being stupid with my SDs all day. No sweat though, our teams matches still had some pizazz in them. Good games.

UTD Zac: I SD'd a total of 3 times in our set. I was so sad about that. It's alright though. I'll make sure not to make that mistake ever again.

RoyR: It was great to see you again, and I was surprised when I saw that you were teamed with Prime for doubles. You guys vs. Polt and Smoom on Rainbow Cruise was ****.

Zori: We did so good in teams. Crazy. Also, I'll have to give you a better performance in singles. I know I could've played better. :(

Gnes: Lol Falco. Saw a bit of your match with Trela. Hilarity. Always fun times talking with you. Tasty damage.

Espy: You SD'd 8 times or more at this tournament overall. WOW. Get better.

Hyro: Didn't see you at all during this. I was surprised when I heard you had gone so far into the event. Good stuff.

K Prime: Sucks that you got sick Saturday night. :( We did great in Low Tier Doubles. Let's step it up for the next one. I'm also gonna pick up Lucas. Maybe we could even go double Ganon. ****.

Poltergust: Fun matches in singles. Legit Yoshi.

Jerm: I almost didn't recognize you without your Toon Link plush, man. It was scary.

Trela: You gotta stop getting so upset over losing in Brawl, man. You were so happy and hyped pre-tournament. Then in Low Tier Doubles, I look over at you and you looked like a combination of pissed off and sad. It makes me feel sad when I see someone else sad over things like that.

RT: I always enjoy hanging out with you, buddy. We need to commentate together whenever we get the chance again. I have too much fun doing that.

Ozz: I'm a little sad that we had to play each other again, but it was still a great set. I feel like this is how it's always gonna be between the two of us. Oh, and by the way, we're teaming for Mid-Tier doubles if Xyro/anyone else ever does it. You can count on that. I LOVE your Fox.

Brett: That Melee combo looked like it hurt. Ouchies.

P4: Our fight was pretty **** close. Sucks that you SD'd three times in our set. I'd like to play you again soon, for sure.

Illmatic: Never saw you play, but if you have some videos from TV 8, I might give them a look-see. You managed to beat Nike in a money match though, so that's definitely saying something about your Peach prowess. Hopefully we can play soon.

Sync: Oh my god, thank you sooo much for housing Austin/San Antonio. Friendlies were fun, pizza was great, and the fact that you housed us is just awesome. I owe you a set with my Sonic.

Xyro: The tournaments were incredible, and ran very well. You and Gnes were sick in LT Doubles too! I'll definitely be tearing into your Samus next time I get the opportunity. Good games, and hope to see you again soon. Oh, and thanks for the IHOP comment. :p

Tallman: DOCTOR DOCTOR DOCTOR ROBOTNIK!!!

Panty: Tasty, tasty murder. It was fun hanging out with you guys. We need to play more. Ganon desires more blood.

Zigsta: I love everything about you. Max homo. Disney music was incredible, Rage-Mode Zigsta was awesome, and every discussion that took place in the car ride to and from Houston was legit. Thanks so much for going hours out of your way to show San Antonio some love. My god. <3

Leaf: We didn't talk much. :( It was still nice to see you again though.

Nike: Oh my god. Doubles at Sync's, the car-ride. Everything was too good. Thanks for the support during the tournament. Much love. Oh, and I'll turn you furry yet! Mark my words!

Tesh: It was cool seeing you. Wish I could've seen your Sonic in action some more. Didn't really get a chance otherwise.

Everyone Else: Didn't talk to you too much, probably because I didn't have much time. Sorry!

Hope to see everyone again soon. This tournament was great to me. Also, thanks everyone for wishing me a happy birthday later that night at IHOP. I really appreciated it, and I had fun hanging out with everyone. Much <3 to you guys.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Gea== I'm glad you showed up and we finally played some MMs. Come back to another one, I mean you do owe me your life now.

1: UltimateRazer== I see you steppin up your swag
2: Lee== WOOP WOOP WOOP
3: UTDZac== I'm happy you could make it, too bad the rest of Dallas is gay. My nose!
5: Zori== I'm upgrading my Rathian armor
5: Gnes== **** good **** getting 5th with your week old Falco. Shame you had Kprime 2nd round lol.
7: Espy== I'm sad I couldn't give you a complete fight with the SDs, but I'm happy the parts we did play were close. I look forward to playing you again :)
9: Jerm== Scrub
9: Trela== I love you
13: Esca== Thanks for teaming with me, sad we had Gnes and Lee second round, but what can you do
13: RT== What's up buddy?
13: Ozz== You'll get Espy, just keep working on your Fox
17: Brett== Hope you're feeling better. RC Pokeballs on banned stages too good.
17: P4== Still work to be done
17: Illmatic== FREEMATIC
17: Smoom== Main MK
17: Sync== Bro we finally didn't play in tourney, good thing too because I want you out of F tier and we both know you woulda placed lower if we played ;)
17: Xyro== Let Ozz and Zac make the brackets from now on, they did an amazing job. Probably the best Hobo yet, keep it up Xyro
25: Diego== GGs man, keep workin on that Marth
25: Tallman== Halfman be chili doggin it
25: Kadin== I will teach you the ways of the ditto my son
25: Panty== Man I thought you had Trela that last game in teams, good ****
33: Zigsta== Zig, sorry I had to Nado you :(. But I'm glad you made it to this :)
33: MeatBag== GGs bro
33: Leaf== PIKAAAAAAAA
33: Nike20== SCOOPS! Man our hair match was so close, I'm sad I had Beaumont DI my last game. I never have Beaumont DI :(
33: King Jacob== New MK in Houston? I'll show you some stuff, come play me at the next Hobo.
33: Wingless== Work on yo aerial game!
33: Haptic== Fun MM, sorry I had to 9 you :p

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Hey, I'm just saying what Ozz told me. But if you made the bracket, then good job, because it was finally done right, for once.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
A long long time ago i had people complain about my good seeding so i allowed zac/razer/gnes/hylian/ozz or whoever wants to seed go ahead and do it for like 9 or 10 hobos. Complaints continued. This last hobo i did it my old way( the correct way) and
guess what? The complainer of complainers(p4) liked it.

i am a seeding master

Player-4

See you in 25 years
YOU CGd MY ***, YOU DON'T DESERVE A SHOUT OUT!!!!!!!!!!

Lol sorry, I was just waking up when I posted shout outs, and nah your Yoshi is actually legit, I gotta work on my Lucario more because I hate the Yoshi MK MU.

Gnes

Smash Master
A long long time ago i had people complain about my good seeding so i allowed zac/razer/gnes/hylian/ozz or whoever wants to seed go ahead and do it for like 9 or 10 hobos. Complaints continued. This last hobo i did it my old way( the correct way) and
guess what? The complainer of complainers(p4) liked it.

i am a seeding master
Now to be quite honest, hylian is pretty bad at it, the times when ozz seeded i remember no one complaining, and i can remember quite a many times of u going back and making last minute changes to brackets. Now if those were the cause of complaints no one can really say, but regardless seeding was great at this one. So good job.

Gea u wont get a shoutout from me

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Now to be quite honest, hylian is pretty bad at it, the times when ozz seeded i remember no one complaining, and i can remember quite a many times of u going back and making last minute changes to brackets. Now if those were the cause of complaints no one can really say, but regardless seeding was great at this one. So good job.

Gea u wont get a shoutout from me
No im not saying u guys f-ed it up im just proving that over time people will end up complaining no matter what. Even when the people "who know how to seed" end u seeding the bracket. Its just something i noticed after 27 hobos.

-Ran

Smash Master
Seeding:
-1&4, 2&3
-Assign skill rating to the top ten players there, dropping a point for every 2 in skill, or until the skill level is too hard to determine, which ever is less.
-Hit 'random by skill.'
-Check the bracket to see if anyone is fighting the same person they usually fight within the first match or two.
-Double check that the good out of state players are getting a small 'skill' bump so they have no 'death bracket' in the first round.
-Have one person look at the bracket.

That's how I've always done it. I don't care about being hyper specific in terms of seeding. The goal of seeding is to get the top ten as accurate as possible. I understand that everyone wants to have an accurate placement, but that isn't feasible for the style of tournaments we run.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
It's not about a single person doing the bracket. as long as other people can look over it before it starts. allan asked me to look at it before starting , and i saw that it was fine. So if allan did the whole thing this time, then props to him, it's just that people need to look over it cause allan can't always make perfect brackets. Me and Zac did make a very good bracket and then someone entered at the last second and allan redid it, i came and looked at it, it was fine, tournament started and we got no complains, good deal, jolly joe. problem only happens when allan does the whole thing himself and starts bracket without it getting reviewed. I dont believe a single person can make a good bracket by himself most of the time.

Top Bottom