• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 24:the beginning of the end? FULL RESULTS AND VIDEOS ARE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
actually just to clear things up mlg rule set is that 35/45 edge grabs are ok its when you have 1 more that you get DQed.

And wow lee sure likes splitting. was it even splits in all events or who ever was in grand finals got more?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well, the funny part was that it was DOUBLES on Norfair with Gnes (who was also MK but only had like 20 or so). Razer wasn't actively trying to ledgestall anyways. Makes you wonder...

Also, they all split because it was already 12 when they finished the first set of grand finals of low tier. A certain Mexico *coughRazercough* wanted to play it out, but everyone tackled him to the ground and then slapped him silly there was a discussion and he agreed to split.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Zig, im sure someone will try bowser.
I see no Bowsers in the results. I'm very disappointed.

Good stuff, Trela! Off to a great start on proving you deserve to be back on that PR.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Xyro, I went 100% Zelda in Singles and Sonic/Sheik in Mid tier. Can you fix that?

Please and thank you. :)

Suspect

Smash Hero
Shout out to the 3 toon links and that one kid whose name I forgot. Got to do it again this weekend.

Tallman- Thanks for housing us, team with me for a low tier team event soon. If you dont think my mario is good then lol i guess >_>

Greyfox- Thanks for the ride down there, you always come through.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
SPLIT 1: Razer==:snake: - Lol and you were talking about m2k being greedy. Who was it that didn't want to split?
SPLIT 2: Gnes==:diddy:Thanks for all the advice master sage <3
SPLIT 3: Lee Martin==:metaknight: It's fun hanging out with you now at Hobos :). I need to learn some of your strats/secrets.
4: Trela==:lucario: Should have gone to Delfino and camped you. But I couldn't bring myself to do so. Next time?

5: Ozz==:falco: Teach me Falco
7: Jermz==:toonlink: Go look up "sodomized".
9: Dao==:metaknight:/:marth:Don't quit :( :( :(... I love you. Now team with me already.
9: shadow==:toonlink: Wtf
9: Hyro==:toonlink: We didn't get to chill bro, next time though.
13: Xyro==:samus2:/:rob: Thanks for such a great tourney:)! I'm gonna have camp you next time though....:(
13: RT==:lucario: Troll master defeated.
17: P4==:metaknight: Moooovin' on up.
17: Esca==:metaknight:/:pit: What happened :(? Btw where's my $10?
17: Kuro==:snake: Where's my ****ing ice cream cone you **** dirty stock stealing sand man?!
25: Smoom==:popo: I will train you my son.
25: Leaf==:pikachu2:GGs, I'm up for another MM next time around :)
33: Tallman==:lucas: I sad you left early :(.
33: Furbs==:yoshi2: Lol sorry I camped you, I just hate Yoshi :p. Get to work on that MK :)

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Ugh. P4, WHY did you put my number?

Every time I see that 25 I get mad at myself.
I should have been able to win at least a set past that.

Xyro, I want you to time me out next HOBO. Just for the lulz

-Ran

Smash Master
And wow lee sure likes splitting. was it even splits in all events or who ever was in grand finals got more?
Lee had no choice but to split those events due to time. It just so happened that it's more apparent because Lee was in the finals for every event. Lol.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Ugh. P4, WHY did you put my number?

Every time I see that 25 I get mad at myself.
I should have been able to win at least a set past that.

Xyro, I want you to time me out next HOBO. Just for the lulz
I just copy pasta'd the results. I don't like 17th myself :(.

-Ran

Smash Master
SPLIT 1: Razer== Happy Birthday once again. It was fun being able to make fun of you now that you are a 'man' now. =D We'll have to play more friendlies next time, and work on the Snake vs Snake match up, and your gamecube controller skills. =p
SPLIT 2: Gnes== I wish I had a chance to play your Diddy, but you looked completely exhausted during the tournament. I'm glad we at least got to play a friendly, even if it was MK vs Snake. I hope that you'll be able to be rested for the next tournament.
SPLIT 3: Lee Martin== Too good.
4: Trela== Mario > Samus. Live with it. <3 <3 <3
5: JNig== Maw 10 dollars. q.q
5: Ozz== I had a ton of fun playing you in the tournament, and chatting with you at the burger joint after. Hopefully next tournament I'll be pushing it to the final hit, of the final stock, of a three set match instead of just two.
7: Jermz== Something tells me you just stayed in your car at your house, being as high as a kite.
7: K Prime== Didn't talk, but keep repping the Pikachu.
9: Dao== Thanks for manning up and paying the dollar for the pizza slice you snatched. =p
9: Espy== Geez we talked for like thirty minutes, but didn't play each other. Hopefully we'll see more of San Antonio this summer.
9: Hyro== Hi Chad.
13: Xyro== I hope you enjoyed Iron Man 2. As usual, it was a nice tournament. Teach Trela how not to lose to Mario.
13: RT== Fun trolling Trela with you.
13: Alsm== Your Link was nice, I regret not banning Norfair. I won't make that mistake again, I just forgot its existence due to the MLG stage list.
13: Denti== We talked a bit, that was it though. Nice Olimar, I wish I could have given it more than a sleep deprived effort in your friendlies though.
17: Esca== Thanks for the housing as always, and for turning Hyro into a super douche, if only for a night. Sucks about your placing, since we both know that you are better than this. So much fun playing friendlies, and camping you and Lee with Mario.
17: Kuro/Kova== I think you were the Snake I was playing with? Unsure. If so, ggs.
17: Ran== Get better. You beat yourself this tournament.
25: Smoom== Man you had me scared in that first match when you three stocked my Snake. Thank god that I know how to play Marth. It was a good match though.
33: Blaine== Thanks for driving from Lake Charles to Baton Rouge. Remind me next time we go OOS to bring my DS. I don't think I'm going to be doing so much driving in the future, it tires me out.
33: Furbs== It was nice talking with you, and I'm shocked at your placement. When I played you in that one match we did, it really felt that you had improved a ton. Good job stealing my money though from Jnig. =d

RoyR = I'm glad I got to play you in so many matches, but man was I exhausted. Someday in the future, I'm going to challenge you for the color Red for Marth.

To anyone I missed, don't be offended because I probably forgot your name, like the guy I talked with about traditional fighters towards the end of the night. Or the Asian guy that was friend's with Esca that was talking with us a ton. Man, I'm horrible with names.

As always, it was nice coming to Houston, and I look forwards to future tournaments which I hope will be larger in the summer due to everyone being off.

Gnes

Smash Master
A few shoutouts...

Timmy-Good shiz in teams, 4 stock comeback, them farmers never had a chance. Sorry for splitting top 3, but i was not about to go anywhere to finish lmao. Nikefest next Sat :)

Lee-good shiz winning more money at this event than me lmao. Too good. Your teamwork with esca was really good, and the matches were super intense. I'd like to see how yal do against teams with mk in it though, if u know what i mean *cough dojo/gnes*. Low tier was...interesting...LMAO. Btw i won "the game" more than u.

P4-keep improving son, but im proud that ur starting to see results. Keep working hard

Ran-more friendlies next time, and yeah i was mad tired.

Esca-I only read your post after hobo, and i'm sorry i made u feel that way. Im also sorry that i ditched the day before the tourney, which didnt lead u a chance to get another partner. I know saying sorry isn't much, but i still hope we can move on from this in time. Good stuff in teams, super hard, and gay.

Jnig-Diddy slayer stat +1...newest victim...Dao

Alan-My mario legit...really suprised u guys loss to kprime/espy...but then again they were really good.

Espy-we hung out alot more than usual this time :). Fun friendlies as always and good stuff in teams, u/kprime have really good teamwork, remind me of lower tier'd chrs. of gnes/razer kekekeke. Except pika is actually really good. And please stop randomly upsmashing with zelda lmao. Ur too pro with those Lighting Kicks though.

Kprime-Good shiz in teams, i was impressed with u guys. Your jiggs is super good in low tier, i had to switch chars. to counter your amazingness. Stop losing to jerm :(

Hyro-Super fun matches. I know we werent giving our all and timing each other out and shiz, but those were the best matches i've had in a really long time, legit dude. See u at that LA con if me and jerm actually do come.

Jerm-Better get that controller fixed, or im gonna have to sodomize u for free yo

Dao-ill play u with diddy next time kekekeke, also, play more patient son.

Greyfox-Skilletfox never uploaded all the vids....on that whobo2 shiz. Thanks for bringing everyone, ur awesome.

Suspect-Dont worry, no matter how badly u've been planked, nothing beats showing the TO that there was 96 ledgegrabs, and he still not disqualify the person. Now that sir, is ********. Good shiz reppin kirby for me in mid tier though.

Ill add more later....Alan put mk by name in singles, i beat dao with him 2-0...again...lol. Also i didnt win any matches with jiggs in low tier, won all matches with mario. So jiggs shouldn't really be there. Lastly me and razer went double mk on norfair against jnig/hyro and on brinstar against lee/esca (won both matches). Lmao i just realized me and razer's double mk team has never loss.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It might be partially my fault for telling him to use Mario, LOL. But since no one uses him, and everybody goes Ike and Jiggz...

Also, Mario is not top of low tier...according to SBR, LOLZ.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
It might be partially my fault for telling him to use Mario, LOL. But since no one uses him, and everybody goes Ike and Jiggz...

Also, Mario is not top of low tier...according to SBR, LOLZ.
The best LTs are ike/mario/lucas.

gnes=tier *****

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Shh, don't tell people...Mario is trash. ;)

Gnes

Smash Master
The best LTs are ike/mario/lucas.

gnes=tier *****
LOL uh uh in all honesty i was scared to use mario against u guys but then i realized if i went mario razer would actually try to fight me :) instead of running away as usual.

I'll start practicing my mario though i hate chrs. with ****ty recoveries so one day u forsake your son and team with me kekeke

Esca

Smash Champion
@Gnes : I was just really disappointed man. We both know I've always wanted to team with you and I finally got the chance and got ditched. Sorta like what UTD did to me before but meh.

Also Allan, I hate to bug you about this but in doubles if you wanna put chars down by me and lee's name could you put lucario by his also? That's all we did against Gnes/Razer I think except for the one match that froze, WHICH WE WOULD HAVE WON.

Shoutouts later, I have to do ToC25 before reset.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
That was horrible that the Wii froze. Ozz, fix your Wii, lol.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Wait, the Wii froze DURING a match?

I thought it was only freezing in the middle of the games.
Ouch.

Edit: Ozz, the music on your Wii (from the youtube vids) is sex.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wait, the Wii froze DURING a match?

I thought it was only freezing in the middle of the games.
Ouch.

Edit: Ozz, the music on your Wii (from the youtube vids) is sex.
It froze for me during a friendly in the beginning of the day, so that was already a bad sign. It didn't constantly freeze, it was just at random times.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wow, never mind then...the general rule of thumb should be that if the Wii freezes even ONCE, just take out the SD card. Seriously.

Esca

Smash Champion
Yeah this epic match was going on right? And it was Lee and Myself G&W and Pit against razer gnes. We were down two stocks and Lee glide tossed to bucket and killed them. Holy **** we're even. Then it froze.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ozz, your wii destroyed the fun at my tournament. u are banned from hobos.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Omfg, what a lesbian tyrant.

Top Bottom