• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 17: R.I.P Metaknight= 8-1-09=go to results thread for further info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Remember, sk92, DEHF, KISMET and other OOS has VERY HIGH chances of going to this event.

Trela

Smash Lord
Dang. I need to save up some more cash for MM's o:

It turns out I CAN come to this Tournament :D

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If there's enough interest in Blazblue, I'm sure DeAngelo will do a tourney.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
Do you mean standard rules? Or ****** smogon standard rules,national standard rules don't have a garchomp ban because he breaks no base stat value rule,also has a crit clause and a unvariable damage move clause,

Smogon is a big place where people go to suck **** but then say they aren't gay for sucking ****,its true, smogon is like popular for appealing to ******s, smogon is like naruto,get that **** out, they banned garchomp now a match consists of SR then TWave then stall so you tWave Sandstall instead of toxic sandstall and now they play in a horrible watered down metagame cuz nobody good goes there and don't count for **** on a national level,aside from shoddy where the crit ratio is like 1/6 moves and anyone can win,which doesn't matter anyway cuz it all depends on the 33% prlz by twave factor.whoever gets that 33% more wins the match,also platinum .platinum is lol,don't do a pokemon tournament,mariokart is more competitive and still a big assfest, OR make this tourney for money and we can compete to see who gets prlz by twave less woot
Crit clause:3 crits =match reset, move clause: moves that don't vary in damage are banned eg dragon rage and seismic toss, smogon is for ******s and I **** them all pce

Cool story bro.

ANY WHOOOO

So are we gonna be able to use SAVed or not?
How will you check for legitimate pokemon?

I'd like some one to get back to me so we can discuss the ruleset and how this tourney will operate. I'd like to help organize and oversee the Pokemon tourney if that's cool with every one. (winks at Xyro)

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Cool story bro.

ANY WHOOOO

I'd like some one to get back to me so we can discuss the ruleset and how this tourney will operate. I'd like to help organize and oversee the Pokemon tourney if that's cool with every one. (winks at Xyro)
Heytallman and I will be overseeing the Pokemon tournament.

We'll check how legit pokes are just by looking at them, I.E. if it's something like an Aerodactyl in any other ball that's not a pokeball you know it's hacked. There's plenty of ways to just look at them and see if they're hacked, also they'll be put through an IV calculator to look for straight 31 IVs.

We're not saying we'll catch every hacked poke, but we'll do our best.

Heytallman has stated PokeSAVd pokes will not be legal, but as long as they're not mega hacked I don't see anything wrong with them. Though that isn't my call so you would have to ask him.

We'll be using Smogon's rule set and OU - NU tier list. It will be double elimination, but you play your opponent 1 game only, not best 2-3.

Heytallman's info post about this tournament can be found on page 7 :)

heytallman

CTALL
Cool story bro.

ANY WHOOOO

Yeah, as p4 said, if there's no way to tell it's hacked, I can't DQ it. If it has like straight 31's or all 31's and one 7 or something in an attack it doesn't need, it will be DQ'd. If you simply HAVE to hack, don't make it obvious.

Also as p4 said, I'll be taking care of overseeing stuff. But help would be appreciated, if you'd like to report stuff to me or whatever.

And since it's way back in the thread, here are the rules for Pokemon again.

Standard OU (Smogon's tier list)
SINGLESDouble elimination, best of 1 (in grand finals, one coming from loser's must win 2 games, and you may change Pokemon in between if necessary).
Free level (unless there's wifi at FunPlex, but you can just have someone candy your Pokemon for you on gameFAQs or somthing)

Competetive clauses:
Species clause - you may not have more than one of the same Pokemon on your team. Previous evolutions are allowed (i.e. you can have both a Porygon-Z and a Porygon2 on your team, but not 2 Porygon-Z's)

Sleep clause - You may not put more than one of your opponent's Pokemon to sleep at the same time. Rest does not count towards this total.

Freeze Clause - If one of your opponent's Pokemon is frozen, you may not put another of their Pokemon to sleep.

Evasion/OHKO clause - The following moves are banned:
Minimize
Double Team
Guillotine
Horn Drill
Sheer Cold
Fissure
Self-KO clause - If someone uses a move that kills both his and his opponent's last Pokemon (self-destruct, explosion, destiny bond, etc) then the user of this move loses. If the user dies due to recoil from life orb, poison, etc, then that player wins. This is to prevent ties.

There is no item clause in this tourney (you may have all six of your Pokemon holding leftovers, for all I care)

The following items are banned:
Soul Dew (only valid for latias)
BrightPowder
Quick Claw
Razor Fang
Quick Claw
Focus Band
Lax Incense
Scope Lens

And remember, no ubers - We will use Smogon's tier list. OU and below is fine..

Magik0722

Smash Champion
i dont think you should DQ for having flawless IVs, as that is entirely possible

Hell even some pokemon i have are Shiny Flawless caught in a dusk ball

they are also completely legit, take a look at this thread on smogon

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52180

i dont wish to have to recapture / breed for pokemon i already have and aim for a lower then perfect spread

also freeze clause shouldnt be active, as niether player can control it
i shouldnt not do an ice beam or something simply because i froze another pokemon before, now hes latias has a 10% chance to make me lose, but if i chose a different move hell definately KO me

also if you ban razor fang you should ban scope lens as well, same with lax incese being a weaker brightpowder

Player-4

See you in 25 years
It may be possible but the chances of it are incredibly rare.

You know if people didn't pokeSAV their teams then this wouldn't be an issue, but since so many people can just pokeSAV a perfect team in 10 minutes it ruins it for people that actually take the time to IV breed.

I myself IV breed, but I don't waste the time and risk the chance to get DQd over perfect IVs when I can have damm good ones. I just stay away from the conflict of the issue. Again, perfect IVs are possible, but besides maybe you (if you're not shtting us, which I don't think you are) who else would do this outside of pokeSAV? The rules may not be perfect, but they're just trying to make it as fair as possible for everyone.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
So am i going to have to get less than perfect pokemon now? id like to know asap so i can go and get some new pokemon. Also what about what i asked about freeze clause and the other two items

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I agree those items should be banned, and you're reading the freeze clause wrong. If you freeze one of your opponents pokes you CANNOT put one of his pokes to sleep. If you happen to freeze another one of his pokes, or put them to sleep before you freeze one, then there's nothing you can do about it. I haven't read the freeze clause Heytallman has listed, but that's what it should say. Also, you'll need to ask Heytallman about getting new pokes.

heytallman

CTALL
OK magik, after reading up on that thread you posted, I've made a decision.

That thing is bull****.

Honestly, to me, it's on the same level as hacking. You're using an outside program to manipulate in game events or whatever. And if I saw Pokemon with perfect or **** close to perfect stats, I'd assume they were hacked, as many people would.

But, look on the bright side, if no one asks for a hack check, you'll be fine. But if all your stuff is like, perfect, I'd consider getting some new guys. People might lose, be bitter, then ask for a hack check.

Also, I'll add those items to the banned list, and fix the typo on Freeze clause. Thanks for that.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
outside program? a action replay never even touches the game no third party software

unless you are talking about the RNG reporter the computer program, but many breeders use computer programs such as IV calculators, this isnt any different, in fact thats exactly what it is, a IV calculator

Also i have breed flawless pokemon even before the RNG abuse was discovered

also, i can offer my services for the hack checking as well, i have a computer program that will allow me to check if a pokemon is hacked or not, and i know alot about illegal movesets and event pokemon, as well as IV generation for Method 1 Pokemon though PID

heytallman

CTALL
Well from what I gathered from the thing, you're using this program to determine where a hidden counter in game is so you know how many steps you need to take or whatever to get a pokemon with perfect IVs.

And as I said before, if someone questions a Pokemon and the IV's are perfect or rreally close, I'd have to assume hacked.

And if you don't like the rules, don't enter. I'm a tyrant. Boom. Accept it. Face it. My (side) tournament, my rules.

And if I need help hack-checking a Pokemon, I'll ask you if need be. And I know about illegal moves and events and stuff too.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
I'm just saying, flawless pokemon arent that rare, even without RNG i can breed for flawless pokemon completely legitly.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I wanna enter Melee, I completely suck at it but at least it'll be fun xD.

Brawl is the main thing I'm looking forward to. No holding back at this one.

Edit: By the way, slight update. Phil told me that South Carolina said they're going to bail out from going to HOBO 17 :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom